“My dream come true !”
Review of Jnane Tamsna

Jnane Tamsna
Ranked #130 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 10 April 2014

This is probably the first time I actually sit down to write a special comment on one of my stays, but this one is definitely worth it !
Where should I start ?! Imagine 5 stunning villas in a huge and beautiful garden. That is where I had the great pleasure to stay for 3 nights.
My room was spacious but cozy and beautifully decorated (simple and elegant, just as I like it).
The food was amazing (as a foodie person, that is one thing I look at ! ), the produce was fresh (from the market everyday!), and the flavors were divine.
To top it off, the staff were absolutely adorable : kind, helpful yet discreet...
I want to go back !
Thank you again, and well done to the hosts and their whole crew for making my stay so special and memorable !

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank v_parisot
There are newer reviews for Jnane Tamsna

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed at beautiful Jnane Tamsna for a few days in March as part of Peggy Markel's Culinary Adventures. This was Peggy's 26th stay at Jnane Tamsna over 13 years and I can see why she keeps coming back and bringing small groups with her: the guesthouse is magical!

The gardens are wonderful, the ambiance delightful and elegant, and the service nice and friendly. When staying at the hotel you get the sense of staying in somebody's house and this is the perfect place to relax and decompress. There are lots of areas where to curl up with a book and magazine, including several swimming pools. The food was delicious and fresh. If you want to get away from the noise and hustle and bustle of the medina and enjoy some elegant peace and quiet, this is the place to go!

Room Tip: I saw several of the rooms and settled on the India room on the upstairs area. Beautiful and richly...
Reviewed 5 April 2014

The people working there were very warm and friendly and nothing was too much to ask to accommodate our needs, especially that of our toddler whom they all befriended. They took great
care of us. We had a very relaxing week in this beautiful place, particularly exploring the wonderful botanical
garden.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I rated the Fitness centre as excellent as the fitness coaches, tennis and yoga teacher are very instruictive, even though the fitness center initself does not exist.
The venues garden is marvellous and the parfums of the plants and flowers make you feel happy. The owner of Jnane Tamsna certainly created an atmosphere for everybody to feel far away from daily life but yet at home. The decoration and paintings are unique. The medina is nearby, in less the 10 minutes you can reach the souks. No matter if I visted the place in winter or in summer it always fitted my needs. In winter I stay in front of the fire places in summer I hide under the tree's shade. It is certainly a place to come back again and again and AGAIN

Room Tip: the garden rooms
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Jnane Tamsna was the perfect choice to relax after our two week stay in Morocco. Beautiful gardens, lovely room, friendly staff, many areas to read or chat, a little paradise......away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Marrakesh, but still close enough to hop in a taxi and stroll around this city full of surprises. We got home totally rested, and can´t wait to come back.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Imries2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My very first trip to this part of the world.
I was excited and full of curiosity about meeting the country Morocco, its people and especially the hotel Jnane Tamsna that we had found by chance on the internet.
We were completely blown off our feet when arriving at JnaneTamsna. Immediately, I had a sense of being in a place filled with love, amazing and extremely helpful people who all wanted to make our stay very special and wonderful. Meryanne, the owner, welcomed us as soon as we arrived, and she let us know that this was to be considered our home too.
The staff were fantastic and all went beyond expected, to make our stay extraordinary. They helped us arrange trips to the places and things we wanted to visit. Also driving they helped book. I felt very special there all through our stay.
The rooms and the entire hotel has been carefully and lovingly decorated and planned with amazing surroundings and the atmosphere there is magical.
JnaneTamsna is a place I wish everyone had the opportunity to experience. I know, I want to bring my family to this small paradise on earth, as I call it.

2  Thank CharlotteRahe
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Jnane Tamsna as a babymoon/honeymoon getaway. It was everything I'd imagined it would be, and more. I was greeted by the warm staff upon arrival, and led into the drawing room, gorgeously decorated with Morrocan paintings, tapestries and fresh roses. As my husband arrived earlier in the day, he was waiting for me by a grand fire, gin and tonic in hand- perfectly content British man.

Our room was gorgeous as well, and had a lovely fire that could be lit by the staff nightly. The walls were a rich red, decorated with black and white photographs of Moroccan royalty. The organic hand soap was rustically cut into squares, and smelled of spicy rosemary; while the organic shampoo and body soap smelled beautifully, as well.

The meals were made with fresh local produce, with olives, oil and bread to start. Much of the ingredients come from the beautiful surrounding gardens that fill the property. There are also numerous pools, so it was easy to feel a sense of privacy. The pool water even smelled nice! She does not use chlorine, which I appreciated.

After a few days at Jnane Tamsna, I felt at my pregnant best. Everything was fresh, healthy, and clean. I truly enjoyed the people who worked with Meryanne, as well. Everyone was friendly and kind, and I felt I had experienced some genuine Moroccan hospitality when we left!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple