“Hotel Tichka”

Ranked #400 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
Leeds
“Hotel Tichka”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I have been to stay at a lot of hotels, but this was the worst experience I had, the reception staff where so rude and unhelpful , we had to change our rooms 3 times due to the air conditioning not working and other problems with the room
We sent 8 days in the room without air conditioning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

3 Thank Shameem D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Bedford
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have just returned from the Tichka Hotel in Marrakech after reading mixed reviews. I can only report on our experiences.
On the negative side first... the push button on our toilet flush was missing. There was some evidence of tired paintwork in our room. The live singer and music in the afternoon by the pool grew a little tedious although they were good musicians. That's it.
On the positive side, the room was comfortable, the bathroom well equipped and everywhere was very clean. The staff helpful and the setting for dining was delightful.
Breakfast included a wide choice of international foods and drinks. The pool was a crowning glory for many guests both young and old.
As for the tired decor, there was obviously an ongoing policy of re-decoration for we saw at least one room being fully re-decorated in on area.
We did hear of people complaining of the noise of birds in the morning waking them up.
We would choose to stay in this Hotel again, without a moments hesitation; excellent!

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor just around the corner from the pool had best sun, quietest position and bi...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rosalan
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We had a pleasurable stay in this hotel. The beds were heavenly comfortable as we had a great sleep and felt really relaxed. The music from outside was annoying especially on Saturday morning , however it wasn't a major bother for us as we did not travel with children.
I cannot remember having any problems with staff or the hotel itself. Recommended

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Before you read the rest of this review ... if you are a music lover and would hate a really, really bad female cabaret singer around the pool at lunch-time ... do not stay here! She drove us out to lunch elsewhere. We (me and my partner - in our late 50s - working in the music business) have just returned from a week at this hotel. We found a deal on booking.com which was such good value we could not resist returning to this hotel having stayed here in 2000.. The hotel is very nice looking and has a lot to recommend it. It could do with a bit of a spring clean but the rooms and bathrooms are fine and I recommend a room overlooking the garden and pool. At the price you can get, you can go out for some fabulous dinners elsewhere and I would recommend you do this.

Room Tip: Overlook the garden and pool but not on the side where the flowering plants climb up because the noi...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Shelley476
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The staff are rude, the rooms are dirty very very dirty. The pool is the only reason I have given a star as it is very nice. The so called full breakfast actually rubbish, up you have to pay extra for an omelette. The staff are not very helpful at all and seem to think they they are doing you a favour whatever you ask them. I am quite sad that I spent my time here in such an awful place.

If it was advertised as a two star hotel I would have given an higher rating as at least I would have got what I was expecting. This is def not 4 star service. Please please think twice before booking. I am guessing most of the 5 star ratings have been paid for!

Room Tip: Do bit waste your money coming here
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank shu s

Travellers are raving about these Marrakech hotels

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a week in April 2014 on a bed and breakfast basis. First impressions were good, the hotel has an impressive lobby and communal areas. Staff are not particularly welcoming. This hotel was probably once really impressive but now it could do with some updating such as old carpets etc. Our room was big with a comfortable bed (but this was two singles rather than a double even though we specified a double). The pool area is nice, pretty gardens, a nice escape from the hustle and bustle of the busy centre. I wouldn't stay in this hotel again though. The main reason is that it is in the middle of nowhere so you have to take a taxi everywhere. Taxis are cheap though. Breakfast is AWFUL. There were no plates, spoons, bowls or glasses and they run out of everything so it's makes the whole procedure quite stressful. If you like 7 days of pastries for breakfast it's great! You have to chase the staff around to ask for a plate and then you get a filthy look. We did however notice that certain guests seemed to be getting a much better treatment, with waiters specifically serving them whatever they requested (such as omelette and mint tea). On our last evening we decided to treat ourselves and go to the hotel restaurant which was quite pricey. I would not recommend this to anyone. I would recommend that you go into the restaurant, take some photos as it is quite a pretty room with traditional Moroccan decoration and then leave! The service was awful. There was one waitress for the whole restaurant. She gave us the wrong main and would disappear for a long time, we asked for another drink and she also didn't bring that. The food was awful, so bland, boring and undercooked. Such a shame as it is really well decorated. My husband ordered the fresh fruit salad dessert which was the equivalent of about £5.00 and we realised it was the same watery, tasteless fruit salad as you get on the breakfast buffet (and probably actually leftover from the morning!). To top of a bad experience in this hotel, when you check out you are asked to pay the relevant city taxes. It doesn't really make sense what these are for/ if they are for the right amount but when we questioned these the gentleman on reception threatened to withhold our bags if we didn't pay it, even though we never said we weren't paying it we just wanted an explanation (we had seen the rates on the bedroom door but when we checked out we were charged more than the rates shown!). If staff had a better attitude towards paying guests this hotel could be good but I have the feeling that staff just don't care!

Room Tip: I would say request a double bed but we requested this and didn't get one
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah O
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived in the evening. Male receptionist kind of welcoming, but the poor man didn't even have a pen (he had to ask someone else, he even asked us!) to give us to fill out the registration form. His uniform was dirty and old. Not a very good image for a "4 star hotel". The actual building looks like it had been a nice hotel many years ago. I liked the furniture in the public areas and the actual decor was Moroccan style and quite charming. We then checked in. Our room (319 I think) was very quiet and big in size. Carpets were old and tired. Air conditioning didn't work. It didn't bother us too much as during the night is quite cool if you have the windows open. The bed was very comfy. Only one thin pillow per bed, though. TV channels are not in English. In room safe you have to pay 25dh per night to use it. Bathroom needed a bit of tlc. On the second day we didn't even get towels replaced (I actually left them hanging on the door so they don't replace them...they took them, but didn't leave new ones!). The room telephone hasn't got anything on it so you don't know what number to call reception...tried 9, 0, etc...nothing. The big let down in this hotel is the breakfast. Such nice gardens and swimming pool, though (the water is freezing). Breakfast is more than rubbish. Loads of pastries (not fresh) a bit of cheese and cheap meat (dunno what) and some orange juice available...awful. Like I said, the pool and gardens are lovely, though. Final straw was on check out when they asked for some tourist tax (100 dh) - it would be nice if they had warned us on check in! The hotel is quite far from the centre. Take the number 1 bus, not a taxi to the centre :)

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Juan141171
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marrakech
Hotel Almas
#190 of 496 in Marrakech
Diwane Hotel
Diwane Hotel
#153 of 496 in Marrakech

Been to Hotel Marrakech le Tichka? Share your experiences!