“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Les Deux Tours
Ranked #47 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

My new wife and I spent six nights of our honeymoon here in late August, and we had an excellent time.

We stayed in one of the Pool Suites and it felt private and secluded from the rest of the hotel, which was exactly what we wanted. Our suite was traditionally decorated throughout, was a very large size and had big high ceilings too. A huge bath, sofa, and water/drinks in the little fridge were replenished every day. The grounds are very serene, green, with ponds containing loads of tortoises and frogs, plus in the herb garden we saw a turkey and it's babies just having a wonder around!

Eating at the open-air restaurant area each morning/evening was picturesque, and every two nights there was a guy playing some traditional Moroccan music at the perfect level to add to the tranquil atmosphere. Waiters and staff were extremely polite - even after a mix-up with my wife's first meal they were always friendly.

Breakfast was a buffet full of multiple fruit, cereals, cheese, cold meats, and your eggs/pancakes cooked to order each day in the open at one end of the restaurant area. Lunch options were varied, and for a vegetarian for six days there was just about enough food and options for my partner to try, which I thought was very good. Meal prices, given it's a five star place, were very reasonable too.

The barman makes a mean mojito, and while choosing to have a drink in the bar area before dinner our regular drinks choices were remembered. I think everytime we were having a drink the barman would bring us complimentary olives, crisps, nuts and freshly cooked savoury pepper/egg cubes.

We had a hammam treatment each and oil massage, which was great and again really fairly priced for a five-star place.

Despite the lovely grounds, good food, huge suite, it's all those little things that made the real difference; the staff, the free fruit basket brought to our room the day after arrival, the drinks fridge topped up and not added onto the bill, rose petals scattered in the room for our arrival, towels shaped into hearts, and among other things, us leaving the room for a day in Marrakech - returning later and finding that the maid had folded my wife's pyjamas (which were left on the floor) into a bow.

Was so relaxing, quite, and loved every minute. It really made our honeymoon feel even more exceptionally special. Thanks to everyone who was working there in late August :)

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Harrogate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2011

My partner and I stayed here for a week in October .we stayed in pool suite 3 . As soon as we hot into our room we noticed the air con wasn't working it was blowing out hot air .I went to reception and they said it would be fixed while we had dinner . On return it hadn't been fixed and the room was so hot I slept on a lounger outside . The nexed day I was told by the very rude manager they could not fix today and if I didn't like it I could check out . I was very shocked . The situation was sorted out three days into our stay . On the next day a film crew arrived to shoot some low budget movie so dome areas were out of bounds to guests which is not on at all .At 2am the next morning they were still filming just outside our room I could stand it no longer I went to reception to be met by the manager who told me he would not do anything I was incensed to say the least , the fact that the manager had been drinking red wine with the film crew did not help either he just dismissed me like a naughty schoolboy and walked away

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank martinjames_10
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Our honeymoon was either going to be at La Mamounia or Les Deux Tours. We definately chose right. Yes La Mamounia is truly amazing but if you want to just relax, be yourself and be looked after by a team of fabulous friendly staff, Les Deux Tours wins hands down. The surroundings are peaceful and lush and should you want to head into the old town Medina its only a 150 dirham taxi away.

Our tip would be to get the hotel to arrange to collect you from the airport as their cabs are guaranteed at 150 dirhams rather than upwards of 350 after bartering.

The money saved will pay for a very special meal at La Mamounia on one of your days stay too.

We will definately be going back but in a cheaper suite without a pool as unfortunately we wont be on honeymoon.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank Sssingo
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

We have just returned from our third trip to Les Deux Tours, which speaks volumes in itself as we rarely return anywhere. We took a party of 27 for my wife's birthday and I cannot praise the hotel management enough, organising and keeping 27 demanding guests happy is no mean feat. From the moment we arrived and were met at the airport nothing was to much. The rooms are all individual, spacious and well equiped, being arranged in villas of six or so rooms gives the feel of being in an andulcian villa with the added bonus of a central larger pool, lunch pergola, beautiful gardens and a aesthetically pleasing restaurant with a terrace for eating out at breakfast or dinner. For our entire stay I cannot praise the qaulity of service, the fabulous food and reasonably priced drinks enough, Albrecht the hotal manager and his team went beyond my furthest expectations to ensure that we had a perfect time. I will go back again and again, I cannot recomend this hotel enough, peaceful lovely retreat from the city with friendly staff good service and food in a small family owned hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

In mid Sept my husband and I with 3 other couples stayed at Les Deux Tours in Marrakech.It was a big birthday for me so we wanted something special. Boy did we get it!! The hotel is in a peaceful setting , all gardens and little paths and ponds. Every now and again you come across a huge 4 poster bed with fresh white linen blowing in the breeze. The rooms are classic Moroccan set around quiet terraces full of lemon & orange trees. The staff were so friendly and helpful and the management made us feel so special and really made a fuss of me on my birthday. We cannot help but recommend this hotel highly and are looking forward to visit again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William D
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed for a long weekend in a Pool Suite at Les Deux Tours and we had a lovely, relaxing time. The hotel staff were very good in advance of our arrival at responding to emails with queries about taxi transfers and spa treatments etc and were very accommodating with our request for a sunny pool suite as some of the private pools are always in the shade. The taxi transfer was very smooth on our arrival at the airport and on the return also. Our room was huge, much bigger than we anticipated and our private pool and courtyard was lovely. The hotel was great value for money and the food in the restaurant was excellent. The Morroccan mint tea on the terrace after dinner with a shisha pipe was a wonderful experience.

The only downside of our trip was the air conditioning in the room broke down so we had to switch rooms which was a bit inconvenient but not the end of the world and they were very accommodating at helping us. Also, we did ask at one stage for some paracetamol as I was running a fever and they gave us a couple from their own supply and said they would send someone to town to purchase some more for us... but they never materialised... luckily I was feeling better the next day so they weren't required! The spa treatments we had prebooked were good but the timings were wrong so we couldn't have our massages at the same time which was a shame. The spa seemed a bit shambolic on their timings but they gave us one of our massages for free to compensate.

Room Tip: Pool suites are great but ask if you want one in full sun!