Les Deux Tours
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$242
Agoda.com
US$635
US$621
Kasbah Le Mirage(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$67
US$112
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvegetables and herbslush gardensprivate poolnooks and cranniespeaceful hotelhuge bedorange treessitting roomthe general managerrelaxing breakwe loved our staythe hotel manageran oasisbreakfast and dinnerthe hustle and bustlehis teampancakes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We've just returned from 5 excellent nights with our two children staying at Les Deux Tours. Their first visit to Marrakech and it was the perfect location from which to explore this exciting city, whilst at the same time enjoy the tranquility and comfort of the hotel, pool and beautiful gardens. The hotel staff were brilliant at arranging us drivers and guides to explore and experience the many sights, which were just 20 mins drive away. The staff at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful and we were really happy with our room and the quality of food, especially the excellent lunch menu which was available until 6:30pm. We went to LDT based on personal recommendations and we are already planning the next trip.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Positives:
1) I was very impressed with the gardens. These days you learn not to trust too much what you read on a hotel's website or what you read in an advertorial about the place, but the gardens truly exceeded my expectations. I was still discovering parts of the hotel grounds on the last day of my 4 night stay.

2) Pool suite and rest of the hotel is very tastefully decorated

3) Restaurant staff are nice and respectful. Service can be a bit slow especially if you are ordering food to a location other than the restaurant. The live music at night is awesome and the musician is very nice too.

4) Food is at the quality you would expect for the price. Some interesting/unusual dishes worth trying. It's nice to see the chef personally going to the garden to pick ingredients for lunch.

5) Lots of rooms such as the parlour, the bar, games room, book room, relaxation den, terraces etc. to hang out in and explore

Negatives:
1) The level of service at the Spa is much much lower than the rest of the hotel. She was only in the room for about max 10 of the 60 minutes of our soin visage (she was also very heavy handed!). Same with the pedicure. I was left alone in the room for so long watching the minutes go by on my watch. I could have spent those precious minutes enjoying the gardens instead! Every time I arrived at the spa she would ask me to wait in the seating area while she chatted on her phone outside. Other staff also came into my treatment room to chat to her or hang out during my treatment which I found very odd. I have had many facials and pedicures in my time and this was the most unsatisfying experience, especially given the price. I wish I never bothered as I would otherwise have a better impression of my stay at the hotel

I notice that other reviewers have also picked up on how bad the service at the spa is every year since at least 2011.

2) Some reception staff were more helpful than others. With the others I pactically felt like I was disturbing their peace if I asked for anything and some pretty standard requests were not possible. (Tarik though was superb and always a pleasure to deal with!)

3) Before our stay here we stayed at another hotel in Morrocco where we also had a fireplace. It was lit without fail every night. At Les Deux Tours we had to ask for the fire to be started on all but one night. On a couple of nights we missed the 'Cut-off' time (once we missed it by just ONE minute!). On our last night the fire was lit but perhaps, according to another reviewer, the logs were too wet to keep the fire going so sadly, all we saw were embers and unburnt logs when we got back. If we were provided kindling and a lighter like at the other hotel, we would not have minded tending to the fireplace ourselves.

4) On one night the restaurant allowed a diner to smoke amongst other diners.

5) This is more a point to note as I'm not sure if this is protocol at the hotel, but on 2 of the mornings I was asked at breakfast by one of the head waiters what room we were in. I felt like he thought I was intruding and not supposed to be there, especially since we had told him our room number before...

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hkozlon
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Our stay was just excellent. We loved our room with plenty of light, a huge bathroom, cool during the day and heated in the evening. The whole property is very well managed and maintained, the garden is huge and perfect, the pool area is clean and with a lot of quick and efficient staff ready for a drink, an extra towel, or help you with the sunbed. There are usually a lot of kids in the pool but we didn't find it too disturbing. The hotel has also a lot of rooms for reading, a nice bar indoor and outdoor, a snooker room and a very well equipped library. The staff at the reception is extremely kind and helpful (dinner reservations, arranging golf classes at the nearby golf club, arranging taxis etc)
The only negative aspect in our opinion was the food, across breakfast, lunch and dinner, which was below our expectations. The bread loaves at breakfast seemed old, all the food had the same taste, we generally recommend to go out for dinner. The lunch at the pool (club sandwiches, barbecue etc) is also quite average. To be honest we also found all Moroccan restaurants pretty underwhelming, so maybe it's just us that we don't like Moroccan food. A final improvement point would be to provide slippers in the room as the floors are all in stone.
Apart of these minor points we really recommend this hotel, we stayed there 6 nights and would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2013

It's about 20 mins from Marrakech. Ideal for golf. Hotel set in about 5 acres. Superb heated outside pool next to excellent "cafe" serving drinks and food until about 6 pm.
The well trained staff served a party of about 60 people on the Saturday night for dinner and that certainly contributed to the success of the evening.
The breakfasts are good and the bedrooms(some with log fires and plunge pools) are quiet, clean and well appointed.
Do not hire a car in Marrakech, hiring a tank is the safest option.

Room Tip: Try for a bedroom with a log fire.....the nights can be chilly. A torch is handy.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

A lovely stay; our room was well appointed and comfortable, the grounds beautiful, the service attentive and friendly and the food good. The various courtyards, where the rooms are, were lovely. Minor niggles - you can hear the people walking around in the room above - luckily the kids went after the first night! Also, the shower, while stylish with it's 'wet room' like enclosure, was a bit too public (no curtains or door) for two friends!

• Stayed: March 2013