Les Jardins de La Koutoubia
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
Travelocity
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
1,683 results
All reviewspiano barmini suiterooftop poolthe main squareinternational restaurantan oasisupgraded to a suitebeautiful hotelrose petalsceiling fanbelly dancerles jardinssuperb locationthe hustle and bustlethe ground floormain poolcall to prayer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed for four nights and were very impressed. We were given an upgraded room and had a patio overlooking the garden. The room was clean and very spacious, staff were extremely helpful and kind and all meals we had were superb! The Clarins Spa was lovely with a beautiful indoor pool. A very peaceful and relaxing stay. We would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

On arrival at the koutoubia we were upgraded from a medina room to a beautiful mini suite, very spacious with lovely balcony overlooking a courtyard, massive bed & lounge area v nice, the hotel is very quirky with lots of traditional features, the centre being. Beautiful swimming pool with very comfortable sunbeds!
Despite other reviews I found service to be very good at reception and in the restaurants, cleanliness of the hotel was excellent however the maid didn't mop the bathroom floor once in 7 days as we had a few bugs which met a grisly end that were never swept up!
Breakfast was plentiful even if it was the same every day, we were half board and ate at the pool bar, moroccain and the Indian, all very nice, although some didn't open til 8pm a little late sometimes.
Drinks were expensive £4 a small beer, but wine starting at £13 a bottle better value.
All in all this is a great hotel very boutique style to it right in the heart of the medina, a bit noisy with mosque every morning at 4am tho! I got a great deal as I work in the travel industry, so I'm not sure if it is worth the advertised £350 a night for the suite, but if you can get a good deal I would definately give it a try.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank trolleydollyjo
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Ok, we had a greatly mixed experience at Les Jardins De La Koutoubia. The bottom line is that we will not be returing to this hotel. Here is the good and the bad:

The Good
• The location is definitely as convenient as advertised on two fronts. First, it is literally 2 minutes from the medina and main square. You really cannot be better located. Second, it is located right across from the Koutoubia Mosque, which is an ideal landmark for the geographically challenged in the ever confusing streets of Marrakech!
• The spa...the spa. Brittany described it as the best spa experience of her life.

The Bad
• The hotel has definitely seen better days -- like during the Chirac Adminstration. :) The furniture and red carpets are worn. We were left with the impression that this place was the hot spot in the 1990s, but a lot of time has marched by since then. Unfortunately, it is priced for its 1990s glory rather than its current state.
• The front desk staff could be described as unfriendly - and worse as willing participants in the ever present "shakedown" of Marrakech. We were actually overcharged upon checking out of the hotel. It was probably only $20-40. However, it was irksome when the reservation agent acknowledged there was a mistake and then told us to handle it with Priceline - or call back later. He made no attempt to fix the problem.
• The food in the hotel provides variety - Indian, Morrocan, French, International - but, unfortunately, nothing is special about the food. You are better off eating at Cafe Arabe (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293734-d1070587-Reviews-Cafe_Arabe-Marrakech.html), Terrase des Epices(http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Restaurant_Review-g293734-d1740685-Reviews-La_Terrasse_des_Epices-Marrakech.html), or elsewhere.
• We were supposed to have complimentary breakfast with our reservations, but the hotel would not honor -- even when it was clearly marked on the confirmation.
Btw, we had absolutely great experiences at all other hotels/riads in Morocco.

Happy travels! Brittany and Scott

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
8  Thank BrittandScott
Reviewed 15 June 2011

My wife and I have just returned from a five-night break at this hotel. It’s a charming property on the edge of the Djemma al Fan’aa square. The pool area is an oasis of calm in this otherwise frenetic city and the rooms are comfortably furnished, the staff generally cheery and helpful and the three restaurants each serve a fine menu of International, Moroccan and Asian dishes.
But - and it’s a BIG but. After I had settled the bill (of something over 1,000GBP) we took a taxi from the hotel to the airport. On the way, the driver took a call on his mobile and handed the phone to me. It was a girl in reception telling me (quite wrongly, in fact) that I had failed to pay for a beer at the pool area and what was I going to do about it. I was speechless. In 10 years as Travel Editor of a UK National newspaper I have never been treated in such a humiliating fashion. This crass incident soured an otherwise enjoyable trip and I shall never go back to the hotel. Try the charming Riad Kniza near the Bab Doukala instead. At least they‘ll treat you like a human being.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank iswm
Reviewed 31 May 2011

This hotel is ideally situated for sightseeing in Marrakech. It is right next to the Place Jemna el Fna, but is very quiet. Beautiful setting around the pool, with plenty of cool quiet place to sit and read or have a drink. There are several restaurants and bar.

The reception desk was under manned and one always had to wait, but the staff were friendly. Breakfast was mediocre and room service menu was very limited.

I had a suite overlooking the pool which was very roomy with a bathroom with bath and shower - the shower was blocked and despite having asked three times for it to be unblocked, it never was, so I showered in the bath. The second bathroom had a basin and WC.

This hotel is not 5 star by any means due to lack of attention to detail - more like a three star, but i did enjoy my stay there.

Wifi in my room was working on and off, but one could always connect in reception.

Being a solo female traveller, I was completely at ease.

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo