“Cracking Hotel, Leisure Vibes”

Les Jardins de La Koutoubia
Ranked #64 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed at this hotel whilst on a work holiday with my last Media company back in July 2009. The Hotel was extremely luxurious and the finishes throughout were of a very high standard. It's prefect located as well, just a short 2-3 minute stroll to the Medina and Souks and the service was great. The pool bar on the top floor is great if you just want to chill with a few beers and soak up the sun whilst also taking in a view of the rest of the City. All in all I'd definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Damian M
There are newer reviews for Les Jardins de La Koutoubia

Reviewed 9 October 2011

We've just got back from a lovely stay at this hotel. The location was perfect, the outdoor swimming pools were great and the chill out rooms dotted around were ideal.. The Indian restaurant on the terrace was lovely, the food and service excellent. The international restaurant downstairs had a romantic setting and the food was good.. Breakfast was fine although some mornings the staff were very slow in replenishing the buffet. I think it's more of a 4 star hotel as far as service is concerned.
The air conditioning worked well-in fact i had to turn it off in the middle of the night. I got woken up by the early morning chants but it didn't last long.
My only complaint is the piano player-he just can't sing and play the piano and most of the time he wasn't in tune. It was always a relief when he stopped for a break so we could enjoy the peace!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SwissW
Reviewed 17 September 2011

This hotel unlike many others in Marrakech is situated right in the very centre and 5 mins walk to main square and souks. It is very luxurious, with incredibly helpful staff be sure to get their car pick up service in with price of room.
We were there for a special anniversary week end and were upgraded to a suite on the top floor and our daughters to a junior suite and I had already negotiated a very keen price. so don't be afraid to ask everything in morocco is negotiable!
The hotel has 3 restaurants but rather quiet for my taste. But the breakfast is fantastic !
I have been to Marrakech twice this year and always use the same guide . He is a most educated and delightful man and would be pleased to pass on his details. With MUSTAFA you get to see the real city and can't get lost!

Room Tip: The online web site photos are for once an accurate representation of the hotel. Don't be afraid...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank julian19
Reviewed 5 September 2011

It is chaotic around the hotel which is a couple hundred yards from the Jema el-Fnaa square. Even moreso because they were celebrating Eid. However, once inside the confines of the hotels it is tranquill and restful. The service is excellent. The breakfast was passable though the lunch time restaurant was pretty good. Tried the Indian restaurant on the roof terrace and suggest this be left out of the itenararry unless you want a bad experience. The room (we were lucky enough to have a junior suite) was spacious, clean, very comfortable and well decorated aswell as having a private patio area. The AC was not upto par though having a ceiling fan helped as it was really hot.

If you want to be in the middle of the action, then this is the place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank V45A
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Just arrived back from a 4 night stay at this hotel. Firstly, let me assure you that we have travelled all over and are not novices.

I cannot understand some of the previous reviews on here at all. The hotel is great and so tranquil. It is literally on the Medina, yet once inside you cannot hear the noise or smell the traffic fumes. We were never woken up by the mosque at 5am (I am a very light sleeper). The staff were fantastic and we did not once find them unfriendly or unhelpful, in fact quite the opposite. The room was lovely. The pools are lush with beach towels provided. We had a couple of things in our room break / go wrong but they were fixed immediately.

The food in the restaurants was great and breakfast was also very nice, standard for anywhere abroad. They even had bacon!

My only complaint is the air con, as others have mentioned. It is not just particular rooms, but speaking to other guests, is standard in the hotel. I am afraid it is just not good enough when it is 43 – 49 degrees!!!! There was a ceiling fan and that with plenty of wine/beer enabled us to sleep. I would not recommend this hotel for the summer months. It is the worst air con I have ever experienced in the world!

However, the hotel is absolutely charming and kind of a boutique style with lovely little chill out rooms off the pool area. Full of character etc. I am normally hard to please, but I would definitely go back here – but not in July / Aug.

Marrakech was an experience! Not really for me. Too crowded, hot, polluted, smelly and with blatant displays of animal cruelty that I prefer to pretend does not exist.

We ate in the hotel mostly and when we did venture out to eat on the stalls in the Medina (as recommended on TA) we ended up with food poisoning! Note: The airport when trying to leave is an absolute nightmare BTW. Maybe we left on a bad day, but it took 2 hours from once checked in to get to the gate!!!!

Room Tip: Air conditioning is not great.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Emma7272
Reviewed 20 July 2011

We stayed for four nights and were very impressed. We were given an upgraded room and had a patio overlooking the garden. The room was clean and very spacious, staff were extremely helpful and kind and all meals we had were superb! The Clarins Spa was lovely with a beautiful indoor pool. A very peaceful and relaxing stay. We would definitely visit this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2011

On arrival at the koutoubia we were upgraded from a medina room to a beautiful mini suite, very spacious with lovely balcony overlooking a courtyard, massive bed & lounge area v nice, the hotel is very quirky with lots of traditional features, the centre being. Beautiful swimming pool with very comfortable sunbeds!
Despite other reviews I found service to be very good at reception and in the restaurants, cleanliness of the hotel was excellent however the maid didn't mop the bathroom floor once in 7 days as we had a few bugs which met a grisly end that were never swept up!
Breakfast was plentiful even if it was the same every day, we were half board and ate at the pool bar, moroccain and the Indian, all very nice, although some didn't open til 8pm a little late sometimes.
Drinks were expensive £4 a small beer, but wine starting at £13 a bottle better value.
All in all this is a great hotel very boutique style to it right in the heart of the medina, a bit noisy with mosque every morning at 4am tho! I got a great deal as I work in the travel industry, so I'm not sure if it is worth the advertised £350 a night for the suite, but if you can get a good deal I would definately give it a try.

• Stayed: July 2011