Stayed here for a week with my partner to explore Marrakech and surrounding areas. Overall we had a great stay at the Jardins de la Koutoubia but there is so much room for improvement it left us a little disappointed:
- The location is great - 2 minutes walk to the main square and all the action
- We were upgraded to a suite on check-in though we'd only booked the cheapest room, which was a nice surprise
- We were prepared to request a 'twin' rather than double room if asked at reception (2 guys travelling in a Muslim country) however no eyebrows raised and no questions asked and we were given a room with king size bed
- The room itself was very spacious with everything you need
- Staff at the piano bar were friendly and helpful, as were the staff at the indian restaurant (the food and drinks at both were great)
- Staff were generally unfriendly at the pool-side snack-bar and the breakfast restaurant. In particular, asking for eggs was scarier than trying to negotiate a price for a snake charmer photo in the square
- We witnessed a bird drinking out of the orange juice jug (in fact it was inside the jug) and also eating fruit salad from the breakfast buffet - no staff around to do anything about it
- When I went to confirm my return transfer to the airport the staff couldn't find any record (despite my having a printed email confirming it). They happily booked another transfer though. The next day when we checked out we were ushered into a normal taxi?!
- Room needs attention to detail - shower bracket was loose and falling off, drain was blocked and drained very very slowly, air-conditioning was of the 'mild' variety
- Prepare for plenty of French tourists who love smoking everywhere in and around the hotel which they are allowed to do - there is no concept of a 'non-smoking' zone around the pool or anywhere.
Oh, and prepare yourself to be rudely awoken by the Call to Prayer from the plethora of nearby mosques; all part of the Moroccan experience!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Prestigia, Odigeo, Southall Travel and LoveHolidays so you can book your Les Jardins de La Koutoubia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Jardins De La Koutoubia Hotel Marrakech
- Jardins Koutoubia Marrakech