“Two days in the most quiet and relaxing place”

Les Jardins de la Medina
Ranked #58 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 12 February 2014

If you need to rest and cut yourself from the rumble of the world, this hotel is the place to go. Although fantastically located right in the middle of the old Kasbah, once you pass its doors, everyting is calm, heavenly serene, with the only sound you hear being the birds singing in the amazing garden. The service is absolutely flawless, discrete, smiling and helpful. The spa is great, fantastic service, exquisite hammam experience, massages and manicure. Beautiful heat swimming pool. My only regret is the international menu of the restaurant, when all I dreamt of was tajines and harira. I will go back.

Room Tip: Waking up by the sound of birds chipping with a room with view on the Gardens is a dream.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Lolba B

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We stayed here in January with our three daughters and grandson Kai for 5 nights.It was a nightmare getting to the hotel.. We used navigation ... Try to go through the Medina .. Shortest route.. Use a map much better.from the front end to back end the staff were excellent.. The place had a homely feel to it..our grandson had a wonderful time... Beautiful interior .. With wonderful gardens and a tranquil feel to it... Open the main door and you were in the huddle and bustle of Marrakesh...and only a 10 min straight walk to the main square...breakfast was very good with a good a selection..it's one of those places where you would happily stay again..and you would have to put this down to the wonderful service and location...

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 26 January 2014

This was our third time at this hotel and it gets better every time. The hospitality is second to none from the moment you walk off the narrow streets until you leave. Youssef and the reception staff are there to answer any queries, the bar and waiting staff make you feel very special and the ladies who do the rooms are exceptional, not to mention all the other staff who do a fantastic job behind the scenes. Room was gorgeous, food excellent and this time I tried the hammam which I had not done before but now know what I've been missing. If there was to be any criticism it would be that the wine is a bit expensive, but I believe there are heavy taxes and the rest makes up for it. We will return for sure.

Room Tip: We have never had a bad room, but we had an upgrade free this time and it was even livelier.
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We had a wonderful stay at Les Jardins de la Medina. The hotel is gorgeous, lush gardens surrounded by well-appointed rooms. And to my surprise, they have a gluten-free bread! This was an unexpected and much appreciated option. Excellent breakfast with fresh-squeezed orange juice. I also had a very good full-body massage. I would highly recommend les Jardins de la Medina

Room Tip: We went in January to see the sun (as we live in England). As the gardens are very lush, I would rec...
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Please see our full review under the restaurant section!
I don't like giving negative feedback when this hotel has so much going for it.
However, as seasoned travellers for whom this was our second visit to this hotel, we feel that it would be a shame for them not to reflect on the little things that let them down.
In brief.. (As the full review is in the wrong section) ....great location, beautiful gardens (better than the ones we paid to visit!) lovely rooms, some helpful and pleasant staff.... But....for some strange reason, the female staff, front desk and breakfast service, lacked that desire to do more than be functional. Examples in other review but the place feels soulless and without energy. I didn't feel welcomed or special. Yet Morrocco is a warm and welcoming country. The taxi driver who drove us around in his battered little taxi took the time to draw us a map, deliver us safely to and from restaurants, tell us about the local area and current events, call restaurants to arrange pick up...... When we visited another Riad?. Maison Arabe, we felt more welcome in the 2 hours that we spent there, than 3 days at Jardins de la Medina. Everyone from front of house to the barman and waiters couldn't do enough. A stark contrast to here where service isn't bad... Just lacking in warmth and going the extra mile. I hope they look at this as its such a lovely place although others seem to have had a different experience, so perhaps it depends on the staff?

Room Tip: Higher rooms with Arden view
1  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 16 January 2014

Les Jardins Medina

My wife and I stayed at the Les Jardins de la Medina in January. The hotel and grounds are very impressive. The garden is beautiful and actually the largest private garden in the medina. Once you enter the hotel ground it feels like stepping into another world. The breakfast was very good. The staff were very helpful and polite. The owners even took the time to meet the guests on a cocktail evening. Our room was very pretty and clean. I would definitely stay here again on my next visit to Marrakech. All in all a fantastic and memorable stay.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This hotel is where I would like to live every winter.
On arrival we found that we had been generously upgraded to a solarium room and absolutely everything around us was just beautiful, the tiles, the moroccan rugs, the colours, the textures. Our room on one side opened onto a private sun terrace that had stairs that led to another private sun terrace that included a parachute silk hammock. French windows on another side opened onto an orange tree and wonderful garden view. The very clean room was scattered with scented rose petals and tea lights.The shower room was wonderful with Sens de Marrakech toiletries and a well lit vanity mirror. The dining room had a wonderful log fire. The food was also very good. The staff were professional, friendly and had a great sense of humour. The only thing I didn't like was the painting on the lift and next to it .(but I am an artist and so am very fussy about paintings) What they need is someone like me to stay in winter and paint them some paintings (it's worth a try!)

Room Tip: The room we were upgraded to was a solarium room. I think there is a higher grade of room but can...
1  Thank hampatrick