“So relaxing”

Farnham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So relaxing”
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After the hustle and bustle of the streets of Marrakech, the Isis Spa is a welcome change. Reasonable priced treatments (recommend an hour massage - amazing) were exactly what was needed after a couple of days of exploring the city. Staff were lovely, the surroundings are beautiful and the whole experience was stress free, comfortable and relaxing. The spa is easy to find too from the square - it is signposted from the main road so don't worry when you end up in a small street and then alleyway - it is there!

Southampton, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Wow! A real treat....”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

Our first Hammam ever, my husband and I went along not really knowing what to expect.... I won't spoil it for you but it was a great experience. We paid extra to have a 1 hour body massage & practically floated out of the place feeling refreshed and pampered. The staff were really friendly & was really good value for money ( approx 480 MAD for both of us) it's a wonderful break from shopping/walking/sightseeing. Ps. Take swimwear! You have a locker & key for your belongings.

London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“fantastic spa! great value for money!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Let me just say, for all the treatments we received ( myself and my partner) we would need to pay a little fortune back home! It is definitely great value for money!

We were greeted by a lovely young gentleman and when he was greeting me by name ( yes, I know he got it through staff member of Riad we were staying at) but he just made me feel so special and welcomed. Staff were very nice and even though the girls didn't speak any English they put a lot of effort into having a conversation with me. I am a very chatty person so I probably made them feel very uncomfortable? And I managed to fall asleep twice during my massage.

What was really special to me was when one of the young girls took her time and patience to undo my really long plait and washed my hair with care! Also according to my watch treatment took much longer than it meant to be and no one seem to be stressed about it or rushing as out of the room for next people booked.

It is essential to experience hammam while you in Marrakesh and let me just tell you: go for ISIS! It is worth it!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Not worth it - rude staff”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We went to this spa recently after our riad staff booked us in. Something that I know they did as we were present at the time. We wanted 3 chocolate wraps and one massage.
When we got to the spa however we were "greeted" by the owner I assume, a grumpy sour faced woman who immediately told us to shut up because we were not whispering as we came in - fine, but at least put a warning sign up or at the very least ask guests kindly with a smile, don't just bark at them as soon as they walk through the open door. This woman then informed us that we had booked 3 massages. No we had not. Cue small argument. She told us we couldn't have what we "claimed" to have booked as the spa and hammam was full. I think we must have been the only people there aside from one couple who I saw leave the massage room later. Instead she insisted the only treatment available was of course, the most expensive one. We couldn't have this because we had all just come with enough money for out treatment and a tip. Finally we found a half hour massage that we could have for the same price as the wrap. But to me, it was pretty obvious this woman was just trying it on which, along with her rudeness really wound me up. Not exactly how you want to feel in a place of relaxation. After telling us to be quiet she then proceeded to chatter loudly herself for several minutes on the telephone.
My friend thought her massage was incredible. I found it irritating and like a gentle caress personally.
Wouldn't recommend. If nothing else because of the owners attitude.

Visited October 2013
Kairo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Das ist kein richtiger Hammam”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I cannot recommend this Hammam / Spa. It doesn't really have a Hammam. The room they say should be a Hammam is just a room with a shower and very uncomfortable chairs. You cannot really relax because the water tap is broken, so it makes noise the whole time and you cannot really lay because there is not enough space for laying (just sitting). The girls that are supposed to wash you (like in a real Hammam) are talking the whole time and give you the shampoo, etc and you have to wash yourself. I have been in other Hammams in Marrakesh before and they cost the same but were much better on the service.
The quality in this Hammam is very bad. Price is too expensive for this kind of bad service. I don't recommend it at all!

Visited September 2013