“What an Experience!”

Ranked #2 of 123 things to do in Marrakech
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children
Reviewed 25 June 2018

It was my first trip to Marrakesh and what an experience I had. I stayed in a Riad in the Medina. I thought I would get lost and no one would speak English or Spanish. Thanks to my raid's quick introduction to the Median, I had no problems at all. The Souk was a little difficult to maneuver but if you need help, just ask. Very friendly people. Explore in the day time and return at night - two worlds with lots of sights and sounds as well as lots of great food.

You might want to venture out of the Median for a few sights and to get a taste of the modern Marrakes.

The Medina is a must; I highly recommend that you stay in the Medina. I stayed four nights and will return to stay much longer.

1  Thank PatzMorelia
Write a ReviewReviews (15,335)
All reviews
in 320 reviews
"bargain"
in 259 reviews

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

You must visit this place. It is very hard to navigate but fun turning every corner and finding new and interesting things. We used a tour guide from With Locals that really helped a lot. If I go again I will definitely stay in a Riad in The Medina.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Didn't miss a beat and it was definitely walkable. Large but not massive like Fes.

Plenty of shops and people to converse with to keep you occupied.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Lots of street traders trying to get you to spend money. We were warned of their 'tricks' so as long as you are vigilant you should be safe. Women grabbing your hand with henna tattoo kits are common and once they have you they will want money. Same goes for the snake charmers and monkey handlers!

1  Thank Mountier
See more reviews
Reviewed 25 June 2018

No surprise. A must. You should consider staying here in one of its lovely Riads/Palaises.

Our one recommendation might be to go with a guide the first time. We hired Ahmed Echarkani our first day out - quite inexpensive, very friendly man and well worth it. A local secondary education professor when not taking people out on tours.

Not only taught us the history, but took us to some amazing places for pictures that were only a couple steps off the path, but you'd never know if you didn't ... know. He explained how to haggle, and more importantly, who to haggle with ... as well as the difference between real Moroccan products and ones from Thailand. And there was no pressure from him in any way - he only took us to a store if we asked him for a product, and since we were with him, nobody bothered us.

Guide - ahmedguide123@gmail.com.