“Great food, incredible ambiance!”

The Capaldi Restaurant
Ranked #289 of 928 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean, Moroccan, Spanish, Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I traveled to the Capaldi to check the place out and didn't expect to have one of the best meals of my life! Edward and Tara, the owner managers of the hotel/restaurant are a delight and take personal care in making sure one's desires are met. I would recommend this restaurant (and what I saw of the hotel) highly. It's well worth the trip!!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

We loved our lunch so much at The Capaldi that there was nothing for it but to stay and have dinner there. We arrived on a roasting hot day to refreshing breezes, sun kissed shadows, a sense of instant relaxation and a chilled bottle of wine, which somehow, quite unintentionally - led on to another 'couple'. The setting was wonderfully stylish, crisp, classic and yet infused throughout with the essence of Morocco - a light subtlety of touch that settled us gently into a soft rhythm. The starter was exquisite - the main course melted in the mouth and the desert - well - let's just say it slipped down so delightfully that another was instantly ordered.

At this point, in another restaurant - one might start reluctantly requesting the bill and getting on with the day. That was certainly our plan - but it was a plan that signally failed to survive contact with the swimming pool and shady sofas. Casually elegant and hypnotically relaxing, we found ourselves tucking deeper into the very reasonably priced French winelist. Before we knew what was going on - the sun had begun to set, the dusk rippled with warm lighting and we were ordering dinner - which was once again an absolute triumph.

Superb food, superb setting, superb value and superb hosts . Oh and did I mention - it was superb

1  Thank Cyrus B
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Having visited several times and never having been disappointed I wanted to share my experiences with others. This restaurant is in a wonderful tranquil setting for visitors to Marrakech and I would strongly recommend to all travellers. However, for those of us who live in Morocco the Capaldi is an ideal "local" offering good service, excellent food and wine combined with a warm welcome no matter how many times you visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I was lucky enough to have lunch here as well as an evening meal with friends. Both were delightful experiences with great food and service. Tara and Ed are the perfect hosts. Lunchtime was extremely busy and had a great atmosphere. Things were quieter in the evening and was lovely to follow up with drinks inside. Hats off to the French chef......the food was delicious!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Lovely setting within easy reach of Marrakech for a day trip for lunch. Fantastic food which is incredibly good value - I would go again and again!