“My favorite spot in Marrakech”

The Pearl Marrakech
Ranked #166 of 494 Hotels in Marrakech
Berlin, Germany
“My favorite spot in Marrakech”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Very nice to come there, either as a traveller or just as a day visitor.

It has one of the best roof top pools in the country and is lovely to visit and chill there while seeing the snow mountains. The food and drinks are a bit pricy but worth the service and the ambience. The rooms are classy and standard and the service is very perceptive. If you love design hotels, this is a must see!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Just returned from a long weekend staying at the Pearl and had a fantastic time with my husband.The rooftop terrace was superb to soak up atmosphere and view the city and Atlas mountains. The staff were incredibly helpful with good recommendations of places to visit and eat. Only a 15 minute walk to the main square by nice gardens. All in all a great stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at The Pearl in Marrakech for 5 nights returning to the UK on 20th March 14. This was our first time in Marrakech and one of the main reasons we picked this hotel was the rooftop terrace and pool. Hotel is in the upmarket area of Hivernage and is a 10 minute easy walk to the main market square of Place Djemaa de Fnaa which is a must see for tourists and the souks are located off this main square.

Hotel is clean, bellboys are very welcoming and will help you with anything and make great recommendations for eating outside the hotel and will book this for you. Rooms are spacious, and decorated in a traditional Moroccan theme which can be quite dark but you soon get used to it. Rooms can be quite noisy though due to thin bedroom walls. Breakfast is buffet style and has lots of choice but lunch options in the hotel are quite limited either having sushi round the pool (which is delicious but quite expensive for lunch) or in the cafe downstairs on the outside of the hotel which serves pizza and sandwiches. The Japanese restaurant for dinner though is excellent.

Pool on the rooftop is lovely and has a great view over the old city of Marrakech, there are mainly beds for sunbathing and only a small number of traditional sun beds but there are lots of umbrellas. Spa is excellent, very modern feel with a relaxing calm vibe to it. We did have a few communication issues in the hotel with most of the staff only speaking French and understanding very minimal English but they are all welcoming.

I would recommend La Fassia for a traditional Moroccan dinner, 10 minutes away in a taxi, and Cafe Arabe which is near the main market square. There is a restaurant next door to the hotel called Palais Jad Mahal, food is below average and pricey but there is a traditional belly dancing show which is very entertaining and they have a live band aswell which are good.

Overall I would recommend the Pearl for a relaxing holiday which is in a great location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

I will try to unbiased with this review, and show my real experience in detail and let you decide if you want to try staying here or not.

I booked with my wife 14 nights in this hotel. She is Moroccan, from Marrakech, and we were visiting her family. Having a long stay, with lots of baggage, I booked an executive suite.
Upon reaching our suite, the door separating the bedroom from the living room was jammed. It took us an hour to have the maintenance personnel fix it. We asked for an iron and an iron board. The iron was broken, the iron board did not have a cover, it was all metal with big holes. We had to ask for a replacement.

The bathroom towels had stains, visible stains, so did the bed sheets. Some of the side lamps did not work. Signs of poor maintenance.

Throughout our stay, we ordered breakfast several times in the room. Being early birds, we like to have breakfast very early in the morning. The order usually comes wrong, cappuccino is replaced with hot chocolates, omelets with fruit, etc. The guy who takes the order doesn’t understand French, nor English, and hardly any Arabic.

Hanging the breakfast card on the door doesn’t work. We hanged one at 10 PM, only to find it on the door knob at 8 AM not picked up. Breakfast downstairs will not be ready before 7:30. Selection is repetitive, poor and tasteless.

The bedroom is tiny, open area with the bathroom. Using it was embarrassing, as I had to go to the living room and close the door if my wife needed to use it, and she did the same when I used it. The living room has weird proportions. The balcony overlooks the roof of some nightclub, expect some noise at night. Do not open the balcony in the evening. They burn some kind of wood and the smoke will fill in the room with stinky smell.

Concierge, got the dinner reservation wrong for the only time we asked for assistance. I don’t blame him as he was the only concierge working.

Housekeeping forgets the cleaning cloth on the bed. Expect to see a lot on that front.
In the spa, my wife was having a pedicure, the staff told my wife that she is in a relation with a guy, and she went and kissed him in a hotel, and was wondering if she should do more. Very unprofessional.

Bellboy helped with opening the car door once, gave him 10 dirham, he made fun of it and didn’t like it.

The worst experience is this: the hotels laws in Marrakech doesn’t allow Moroccan woman to accompany men without a marriage certificate. One morning, at 5:30 AM, we heard loud music coming from the suite next to us. Upon complaining, the reception guy with the name of Bader told my wife it’s not your job to tell me what to do, and they are pain guests so they can do what they want. He even told her come down and see their paperwork, and who are you to complain and had a huge fight with her. Client service at its worst.

I went down to resolve the problem, only to see a number of drunk women and men entering the suite for an after party, and a trolley full of food and drinks being delivered to them. I asked for my bill, and wanted to leave the hotel to my usual Sofitel next door. At that time, the reception guy ended his shift and replaced with someone else. Bader told the new guy, Sufian, that this guest wants to leave, and looked at me and said go have your breakfast and calm down. Again terrible customer service. Sufian however was gentle and attentive and told me to calm down, he will talk to them and resolve the problem and will send the manager to my room at 10 AM. I told him everything we experienced.

In the evening, we found a basket of fruit, sweets, and bottles of water with an apology card from the manager. He also gave me a call to apologize. For us, we really didn’t care anymore. We hated the place anyways, and will never come back again.
The hotel décor and style is amazing, very comfortable, could be a real hit, but it misses the flare and personal touch. The inattentive staff, slow service, cleanliness issues, terrible and bad customer service, and broken rules made it one of the worst stays in a hotel for us.

Maybe 14 nights made us see a lot, maybe its our bad luck. We really thought it would be a great hotel but they didn’t give us the chance to love it. If you want to stay there then it’s up to you.

Take my advice and stay next door in the more professional and best service available, Sofitel.

Room Tip: Our suite was 205.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Aldarmi
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

I spent 1 working week+the weekend at The Pearl last week, and the hotel is excellent for both purposes. Service is excellent, hotel is brand new and decorated with great taste. Location is perfect both for visiting the Medina, Place Djemáa el Fnaa, as well as for going out at night in the Hivernage (where many restaurants and bars are located). All within walking distance. The bell boys make special effort to find you a taxi that won´t bother you - and ask how it was afterwards (unheard of in other Moroccon hotels).
The room is a little dark, but, that´s typical Moroccan style - I´ve not yet been to a very lightly lit hotel in Morocco to be honest, and I go often for business.
The gym is really good. The spa is fantastic, and you´ve got a huge warm indoor swimming pool to relax in, free of cost.
Wifi works perfectly, and room service is food is very good and service is prompt. The first part of the trip I spent my time alone in the room, and shared it with a friend during the weekend, both worked perfect, as the size of the room is great. Amenities of good quality, as are the towels, and the cleaning. I would definitely recommend The Pearl for anyone who wants a all in one hotel, that is new, designed with great taste, and well located.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

All new and well decorated hotel. Very good service in general, but not at New Years Eve.
They miss the counting down to Mid Night during the New Years Party and made a little mass with the service. Beside that we have bought a bottle of Veuve Cliquot at the restaurant to celebrate for fifth-teen hundred ($1500) Dirhams and after midnight we went up to bar at the roof where we ordered another bottle of the same champagne.
We were surprised when they charged us fifth hundred ($5000) Dirhams for the same Veuve Cliquot. More than 3 times expensive.

Room Tip: Excellent rooms!! Very hard to get into tube due to high from the floor and a lack of step stair.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

This is a very posh hotel located just to the west of the Medina, around the corner from La Mamounia. Pluses are the well appointed rooms (but see below), comfortable beds, excellent range of restaurants, three pools (one indoors), and spa. Minuses are an inconsistent level of service and very poorly-lit rooms (for which they get a "poor" room rating, in spite of other room advantages); if not for these I would have given it 5 stars. Check-in took forever.

Room Tip: I do not know if some rooms are better lit; ours was terribly dark.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family