“Wonderful”

Ranked #76 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Oxford
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just returned from a lovely 5 day stay at The a Mosaic Palais - The staff were excellent, really good attention to detail, nice rooms, good food and cocktails.

I was celebrating my birthday over the break and had flowers in my room, and they made a lovely chocolate cake which was a lovely touch.

This place is ideal to relax as it's very quiet and peaceful, no loud music, or children. It's aimed at travellers who want to chill out in lovely surroundings.

The hotel is approx 15 mins from town, and 20 mins from the airport, you cannot walk anywhere without being driven somewhere first as there are only private homes nearby.
It's great to just relax by the beautiful pool, read a book maybe have a spa treatment also.
This was my second trip to Marrakech, and if I ever went back I'd probably stay at the same hotel.
If you are a couple, mother and daughter etc then this is an ideal place to stay.

The rooms are spacious, with lovely balconies, very clean and they change the towels in the room twice a day. The staff tidy up all the time, so you'll find that everything is always in its place.

One thing worth mentioning is that August is the hottest month, it was 36 when we arrived and over 42 yesterday! September it cools to early 30's, and October late 20's.

Anyway overall this was a really good quality hotel - It's only got 38 rooms however has the feel of a larger hotel, I'd highly recommend.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Deluxe Twin, beds were very comfy. We then had a suite on the last day which was rea...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellersDelight123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Right! Where to begin!?
I stayed here in 2013 early august and I loved every minute! The staff are amazing!
Amr is a gentlemen! We makes you feel warm and welcomed.. all staff members are excellent in every way I hope to return for a short break this year and I hope to see the familiar faces!
No task is too small or big for these guys..

I am currently staying in a 5* hotel in sicily and compared this mosaic is light years ahead of them... I can't tell you enough how much I recommend this place! It is simply amazing!

I live in London and I work in the city.. I know what 5 star is! And this place is certified 5 star!

All I can say is I'm sorry my review is so late!?

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor! Get a massage!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank johir a
uk
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Peace quiet and top class service,
We booked for 4 nights as a last minute get away, I did not want to be in the medina as I wanted to be able to relax a little but still be able to go to the old town , if you are looking for noisy bars and clubs and kids turning the pool into the set of pirates of the Caribbean then this is not the hotel for you, it is however a haven of tranquility with top class staff, the hotel is set in well kept grounds in the affluent area of palmeraie 10 mins drive from town , the only noise been bird song , We could not fault the service, you are treat like royalty from the moment you walk in the door,
They have a free shuttle into town on a morning and an evening and will help with everything else you wish to see or do,
Kareem s cocktails are not to be missed and is a genuinely nice guy and the staff are a credit to him,
The pool view rooms are a must, set back from the pool with a small seating area on a patio and big French doors to the room,
Perfect opposite to the madness of the medina

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank dooseyUk
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Swaying palms, jasmine and roses, tranquillity, an oasis to return to after the hustle and vibrancy in the souk. My daughter and I enjoyed the week between 13 and 20 July in a fairly basic room which had it's own terrace/balcony overlooking the pool with comfortable patio furniture.. The first half of the week was quiet - just perfect for me; muted music in the evening was very much to my liking as was the lack of any during the day. The second half of the week was busier, not quite so peaceful by the pool. One noisy toddler arrived on our last day but as mine are grown up it's easy to say! In high season though, it may be a little crowded round the pool, with a tussle for sun loungers.
I agree with other reviewers about the shuttle - it does get wearing bartering with taxi drivers though we always managed to pay the recommended 100 D in the end. Watch out for the hard sell in the Souk - especially the Argan Oil and Spices get up. They sat us down and gave us an unrequested mini lecture on the benefits of their produce and then chummy turned nasty when all I bought was some overpriced saffron. The co-operative for women rug makers was also part of our guide's walkabout (and you definitely need a guide day time in the souk) where you seem to be expected to fork out thousands for a rug to lug home. The guide can be seen to be taking his cut in cash when you buy anything.
Eating from one of the many stalls in the souk in the evening is fun and cheap - they all seem to watch Only Fools and Horses and have all the patter! The restaurants were not such good quality although 7 Saints is worth a mention - clean, recognizable scram and dirt cheap. The fresh orange juice is everywhere and moreish....if you don't want it sweetened remember to say "sans sucre".
Food in the hotel is good tho expensive and choice limited. Wine ditto but the ambience is what you are paying for. Service is first class and manages not to be obsequious. Compared to other 5 star hotels - let's say The Langham and The Lowery, service better, prices cheaper, enjoyment greater. I'd go back any time. Special mention to Karim, "Jo" and the lovely guy at the pool who served drinks with olives and nuts. Actually all the staff were fantastic and faultless. The Manager works very long hours and seems to run a tight ship which I liked, tho he did tell us off for letting to cat lick my yoghurt pot - quite right too!
Oh, sorry, there is one criticism; one member of staff managed to keep up a loud, shrill monologue (probably speaking to someone else but they were drowned out) from the lunch time restaurant every single day between about 12 and 14:00. She just didn't stop talking (the last day - Sunday was for a shorter time) and where our terrace was situated we got full volume. My daughter plugged herself into her Ipod but I did have to stop myself asking her to shut up! Because it is such a peaceful haven she did grate somewhat and I noticed some prolonged glares from others round the pool.
All in all though, if this was Eden, I'm in.

Room Tip: We had room 2 - Fatima. Noisy staff at lunch time - otherwise perfection.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank judycaro
Dublin
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We are here at the moment & are having such a wonderful time. We are so sad to be leaving tomorrow. We booked this hotel knowing that it was a short drive outside of the city but this suited us perfectly. It was the perfect haven to escape back to after the hustle & bustle of the city. This does add up if you are taking taxis in & out of the city but for us this was a compromise we were willing to take as we wanted to relax & chill out by the pool by day while exploring the city in the evening.
We are staying in a "standard room", lovely decor & it is really comfortable.
The service really has been faultless, nothing is too much trouble for the staff. From welcome drinks on arrival, cold towels & fruit provided as you lie by the pool, straw sun hats & straw bag provided for your use, for which I was very grateful as I had no room to pack these items having flown with only hand luggage with Ryanair!
Pool area & gardens are well kept & really pretty.
Prices in the hotel are comparable to any "nice" bar or restaurant in Dublin. Prices in trendy places in Marrakech are actually more expensive than the hotel.
We would recommend this hotel & would gladly return. We wanted peace & tranquility & a bit of pampering & that's exactly what we got.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LoucieC
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I am staying at the Mosaic Palais for one week from Sunday 13 July. I am in my late fifties, my daughter is 23. I am looking forward to this break immensely and have booked according to hotel reviews. Please watch this space because I anticipayr great things and am so excited to have a holiday in Morocco!

Room Tip: Let's see.
Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Judy W
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 July 2014

If you are looking for an all inclusive rowdy hotel with loud music, pool games, entertainment and unruly children running around, then this is not, I repeat NOT for you. My husband and I were looking for a quiet boutique retreat to relax and enjoy peace and tranquility and we found it here. A beautiful oasis 15 minutes from the madness of the 'Medina'. The staff offer an exceptional service with a genuine smile, the food is wonderful, rooms are well equipped and tastefully furnished. The gardens are lovely and everywhere is spotlessly clean. Thank you to all the staff for your warm welcome, excellent hospitality and a memorable few days. Mr and Mrs Rodway.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple