“Day Tour to Ourika Valley”

Morocco Desert Trips
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are a full-service Destination Management Company was established in 2012 in the heart of the friendly and welcoming city of Marrakech. In less than three years the company has made a strong reputation with a various Corporate Houses, Multinational Companies and Tour Operators, gained from our hard work and an in-depth destination expertise delivering a successful projects on site. We are specialised in the special interest travel to Morocco. We focus on high quality, personal services, innovation attention to small details and most of all, we focus on delivering flawless travel experience. We believe that the best way to deliver the highest quality products and services is to really know our client's need.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I did the trip to Ourika Valley with Said in May and what a great insight it was. Said is a very knowledgeable guide and explained everything relating to Morocco, it's history and culture in perfect English. Any questions we had were answered very well and general advice on places to go and avoid was given.
Whilst we were having lunch Said arranged for our guide Jamal to take us by foot up in to the mountains. We both had a fantastic time climbing up for about an hour or so. Jamal also had perfect English and told us everything about the history of the Berber people and their way of life. We passed through villages in the mountains as well as a couple of beautiful waterfalls where we stopped for drinks and a spot of picture taking.
Overall, the experience was worth while and both Said and Jamal made the tour very interesting to say the least :)

2  Thank Jay T
There are newer reviews for Morocco Desert Trips

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I did the trip to the Atlas Mountains with Said. What a trip!
He is a terrific guide. Very knowledgable - told me about the Moroccan economy , culture,history,festivals,way of life. Wonderful way to spend a day and discover the real Morocco. A real gent. A legend among guides!
Just do it.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

My wife and I were on our honeymoon in Marrakesh in April this year and were keen to get the balance of a chilled holiday following the excitement and stresses of a wedding. We opted for a day trip to the Atlas mountains as one of our excursions - and were extremely glad that we did! Our guide Said was absolutely superb. As well as being extremely knowledgable about the area and the people, he was exceptionally engaging and personable. He was also very much on his guests' side when it came to visiting tourist attractions - he has a policy that if he finds out a shop or attraction has charged his guests too much, he will not take guests there in the future. When a passing tradesman stopped on his moped to sell us fossils - Said spoke with him and told him that he 'does not bring tourists up to the mountains - only friends' and that he would only accept a fair price from him. Trained in philosophy, Said is a real gentleman and his top priority on an excursion (and it seems in life) is that his guests enjoy themselves and take away a positive experience of his beautiful country. I can categorically say that both my wife and I did - thanks to him.
The day trip itself is ideal for those who are not staying in Marrakesh for too long (we were only 7 days). It was only a couple of hours drive to get up into the mountains. It is not a strenous day and you are in the vehicle taking in the sites for much of it (and they are stunning sites!) but there are plenty of opportunities to get out and the trip takes you through authentic, old settlements - with time to peruse around. The day culminates in a late lunch at a great cafe with stunning views over the river - followed by a small excursion up to a couple of waterfalls (about an hour and a half trek up and down). We found that it gave us a real flavour for the area and a desire to go back for more (hopefully in the future we will go back to do some proper trekking in the mountains).
We booked Said in person - as he was driving us into Marrakesh from our hotel (the highly recommended Sirayane Boutique Hotel) as part of their free shuttle bus service - but you can book him directly through http://www.moroccodeserttrips.com/
One things for sure - when we do make it back, we will be in touch with him to go on one of his longer trips!!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Kamal was the best tour guide I've had in all my travels to multiple countries. We did a day trip to Ourika valley, river and waterfalls and Berber village. Very personalized. Beautiful countryside. Kamal spoke perfect english and was informative. Wish we had more time to book some other tours, sounds like they are quite diverse.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I booked a tour to the Atlas Mountains and were welcomed by Said (pronounced, Sayeed), who is the best tour guide I have ever had - full stop!

This gentleman speaks several languages (very good English), and is very knowledgeable about his country. We recommended Said to another couple we had met at our Hotel, and I can see by what they have written - they enjoyed their tour.

My wife and I plan to return to Morocco to do a more extensive tour, and would love to have Said guide us.

If you are interested in Berber rugs, pottery, and other pieces of art, you will have the opportunity to purchase them whilst on the Atlas mountain tour. By the way - the prices are very reasonable!