“Cozy and vey hospitable stay”
Review of Dar Charaf

Dar Charaf
Ranked #937 of 1,139 Marrakech B&B and Inns
Casablanca, Morocco
“Cozy and vey hospitable stay”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Having unknowingly reserved elsewhere far away from Marrakech action, my taxi driver suggested Dar Cherif being in Gueliz (center of activity in Marrakech) and brought me there. Being unaware of the hotel location or reputation, I adventured with him and to my surprise the staff was extremely hospitable (Marrakechi style), very polite and available 24/7.
The breakfast served in the morning was a cozy Moroccan style breakfast clean and the breakfast location on the rooftop was refreshing, preparing me for a marvelous day at this fantastic city.
I will for sure come back and enjoy another stay at this worthy hotel.

Simohamed and Hania at the Front Desk were superior to the level you would expect. Karima at housekeeping was very polite and did her job with a big smile.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Hamza B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I came in Easter 2014 ( 4 ladies in our group) . The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. It is a friendly and comfortable place to stay . The two young men Azdin and Ahmed truly went out of their way to help us and if we needed anything they were very approachable. I wish I spoke Arabic or French but thanks to iPhones I was able to make myself understood. Layla( boss)and Ajiba speak great English. Ajiba makes a delicious tanjine /fresh couscous( should have got the recipe) , if you fancy dining at the hotel . Breakfast is a delight, it's on the roof top ,great views on a clear day, but keep in mind you have to climb quite Afew stairs every morning . We initially shared a room down stairs on the left of hotel and was disturbed by singing til late hours from next door ( he needs singing lessons) so Ajiba kindly moved our rooms with no problem next to pool and we slept with no problems. (Thankyou ) the hotel people can tell you about excursions / hamaams/massages...... Always remember to ask for discounts. That's how it works ( barter on everything ) . You are able to hire grand taxi and go privately on Exursions too, ask for Saeed , they will know who he is . Hope that helps . Have a great time in Marrakech!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Nahees
Eljadida
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I dont Know why the people gives à bad comments about à good places as dar chrif i been There a last week and i found it too Nice a good services à good accommodations good moroccan meals
Hajiba was very helpful ans very polit with us
Try it and u Will be satisfied

• Stayed January 2014
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I am a bit stunned that 4 reviewers like this place. 1 night was more than enough and I had to pay to go and stay somewhere else. No offer of any money back when we left after 1 night by the way (we had pre paid for a week). The room we had was freezing cold. My husband slept in his clothes and I slept in a coat (despite the room heater). The curtain pole was so bent the curtains could not be properly closed. The bathroom was VERY basic. The room a bland featureless box with no character. Nothing more than a bed surrounded by four blank walls. No extra blankets. A serious ant problem. Two cockerall's going from 1am and not stopping so we had absolutely no sleep. We were told that breakfast would be available on the roof terrace in the morning but when we went up there was no one around. No tables laid and there wasn't even anyone in reception to ask about it so we had to go out and find somewhere else. The main road (which is very near by and very very noisy) is incredibly hard to cross. The location of the Riad is only useful for the Jardin Majorelle and nothing else. The only saving grace was the wireless internet was good enough for us to spend an age trying to find somewhere else so we could leave as fast as possible. Only suitable if you are looking for cheap hostel style accommodation and have low expectations, or don't want to spend any time at your accommodation.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My wife and I spent two weeks in Marrakech and were lucky enough to find this hotel. The staff were some of the nicest people I have met anywhere and frequently went out of their way to make us feel welcomed and at home. There are two young men who work in the evenings and were incredibly nice. Anything we needed was available. The hotel has a street-end location in a very safe area. It's about a 10 min walk to a large and high-end shopping area. At the end of the street there is also a snack bar which served excellent food if you were in a hurry, which we often were. We stayed in two different rooms and both were excellent and spacious. Rooms are cleaned everyday and breakfast was hand made every morning (no extra charge). Both the rooms we stayed in picked up the hotel's Wi-fi and the speed was fast enough to have Skype conversations. Overall the hotel was very beautiful, with traditional Moroccan decor. I really can't say enough good things about this place, mostly due to the hospitality of the staff, which is nothing like I have seen in the U.S. If you are looking for a quite place to spend your time in Morocco, I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank B B
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Reviewed 1 November 2013

this is a very good Riad u feel like u r home Hajiba the front desk is so kind too.
and she can help and will give u best room she has.
small riad has good thing is that they are away from distubance,

Room Tip: Hajiba will give you her best room