“Small is beautiful....”

Accro Quad
Ranked #193 of 492 Outdoor Activities in Marrakech
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Baby buggy parking
Jersey
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“Small is beautiful....”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

The small is not referring to the quads, they were 300cc 4 strokers, nor is it referring to the area available to "Quad" over...that is vast, but it refers to the number in my group, on the day we went "Quadding" there were just the three of us and the guide, a young Dutch couple, and an ageing englishman, I am a biker as I think was the Dutchman and so parts of the trip were a little follow the leader, and frankly a little boring, and as it was me who was tail end charlie a little dusty to boot!! I would really hate to be at the back of a long group as visibility must be almost zero which I'm sure could be a little hazardous at times.

The coach picked me up from my hotel at the time that they said it would...so far so good..we then went on to pick up the other couple...which took a while to find...and a few directions asked..hey ho now we were on our way..if anyone tells you that the coach trip to the Takerkouste dam is half an hour don't believe them I was on the coach for an hour and 45 mins. When we arrived I was a little disappointed to find that the two young guys running Accroquad spoke no english whatsoever, now my french is shopping and bar type french rather than conversational, as was the Dutch couples, but we managed to get all the necessary information thanks to gestures and a bit of pointing. Helmets gloves and goggles are provided and the quads were all in a reasonable condition (there were none that i found myself thinking "Oh God I hope I don't get that one) a short run up the road to a large gravel carpark and a few manoeuvres to get used to how the quads feel and we were off.

As I said previously it was a little follow my leader at times but there was a variety of surfaces and views the tarmac roads around the dam, spectacular stony desert with hills and waddies to drive through and over (some of this I would liked to have been faster and more adventurous) but as an unknown rider they obviously have to consider safety as paramount, we passed shepherds with their flocks eeking an existence on the sparse scrub that grows through the stony soil, each one of them waved to us as their sheep ran along with them, we stopped at the top of a hill and took some photos then off again back via a different route running through small villages along narrow streets and through tiny squares till we stopped for mint tea and some biscuits at a small house, very peaceful little courtyard with a plunge pool as well (none of us plunged you'll be glad to hear) there is a very nice loo here as well for those of you who worry about such things.

The final leg of the journey was on the road again running along side Takerkouste lake down to the dam and then back to Accroquad. We were out for a little over two and a half hours so all in all a really fun way to spend a morning, and I would call it good value for money aswell, the countryside is stunning to ride over and the equipment is in good condition (well it was when I used it)

Thank you Said for organising this and if you feel the urge "to Quad" give Said a mail on accroquadmarrakech@gmail.com

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Quad experience”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had a great day out on the quads which were great value for money. We were picked up at our riad and taken back afterwards. A smattering of French probably helps but we managed without very much!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sam C
Hertfordshire
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Scenery”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Many hours of fun, hosts stopped to allow photos, he even took a video for us. It was great to stop in a Berber village for mint tea.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“1 hour late”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Yup a bad start and the price wasn't exactly cheap , I didnt get a sorry or was even shown a bit of empathy. That being said the views were something to behold , fantastic sights as well as a humbling ride through the berber village which is exactly what I wanted to see.

The sights and experiance overall is one to be had.

Visited February 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

A great afternoon on the country side of Marrakech with accroquad
The Course is very nice, the guide is very professional and friendly, the quad is in good condition.