“Fantastic Experience!”

Atlas and Sahara Day Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Private Morocco tours, guided trekking and walking holidays in Morocco,luxury holidays, family holidays, Mountain Bike, road cycling, camel ride, horseback riding, surfing, kiteboarding, 4WD expeditions, Atlas Mountains, Sahara desert tours, Atlantic coast imperial cities tours, schools and scouts expeditions.
New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My sister and I booked this tour from Marrakech, we booked the 3 day Desert and Mountain tour. It was absolutely one of the best experiences I've ever had traveling. Mustapha is easy to communicate with and very kind and hospitable; I booked the whole thing via email and he's wonderful in person. The night we spent in the mountains was at his riad, which at the time, had opened just a few months prior, and it was so beautiful. The Riad is extremely comfortable and feels like home and the view on the roof cannot be beat. All of our meals were served on the roof with a perfect view of mountains and stars. Our guide, Abdullah and our driver Mohammed were FANTASTIC!!! Mohammed drove so well on the curvy mountain roads that I did not get car sick once; and I have gotten car sick while driving in the mountains in India. Abdullah was an amazing guide, he was informative and fun to hang out with for the 3 days that we spent with him. He took us on a hike through the Atlas mountains that was unforgettable. He made us feel very safe and comfortable and we had a great time talking to him. This tour company works with another company to do the overnight stay in the desert and that was also wonderful. The camp at the desert was really comfortable with showers and toilets and the staff was very kind and so much fun. This is an amazing tour: well organized, comfortable and beautiful accommodations, knowledgeable staff and guides, delicious food, a one of a kind experience and the best way to see how diverse and spectacular the country is. It is well worth the price and you will not regret booking with them!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank PSub60763

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“A great way to experience Morrocco”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My wife and 3 children (aged 11-15) had a great trip.
Pros:
1) Mustapha was amazing - he went out of his way to make this a perfect stay. He was very flexible in changing our itinerary midway during the tour. We wanted to stay two extra nights in Imlil instead of Marakech - which he arranged without charge! He's also a genuinely really nice person as is his family.
2) We were met at the airport and taken to our place in Marrakech (I would really advise people not to hire a car as not sure if I could have driven on the roads!). We were a bit nervous when we first arrived but the accommodation was great and we were met by Mustapha who was very reassuring. Marakech was crazy but also amazing - I think 1 day was enough for me and kids - visiting the markets and other sights.
3) Our private bus was spacious, comfortable and air conditioned and gave great views. Our driver Mohammed was also really friendly and helpful.
4) Our guide Hassan was helpful because it meant that we never got hassled and knew where to go.
5) The sahara desert and camel ride was the highlight of the tour. It was a two hour ride over sand dunes to get to the camp which is the perfect amount of time. I would have preferred to miss out on visiting the gorge in the morning (as it was a bit of a detour) and spent more time at the camp - as there was a great climb to the top of a huge dune by the side of the camp but we didn't have enough time to get to the top of it before sunset. The stay at the camp was fabulous - with music played by the camel guides. I got to learn how to play the drums.
6) The riad we stayed at by the Gorges enroute to Sahara was fabulous. The food and the accommodation was really authentic, location perfect and the families really friendly. We went for a great walk in the evening from the riad.
7) Aït Benhaddou where they filmed Mummy and Gladiator was a great place to see Kasbahs. It wasn't packed with tourists so you got a real sense of the authenticity of the place;
8) The Atlas Mountains were beautiful - and the Riad we stayed at in Imlil was perfect - very relaxing after the long drive.
9) The guided treks around Imlil with mules were also amazing. We loved having lunch cooked for us on the mountains. We went so high we could eat the snow!
Cons - very few:
1) Travelling by road was the only way to get to the Sahara - however it meant that we spent a long time in our private bus getting there so not sure if suitable for really young children. However, the desert was spectacular and there was no other way of getting there - perhaps one day they'll fix the potholes!
2) I never knew how much to tip guides as tipping is way of life in Morocco - it always made me feel a bit awkward. I would prefer it if the price of the tour was increased and they said that no tipping was expected. Tricky one!
Thanks Mustapha for a great holiday - my boys will always treasure the experience!

Visited April 2014
shangri-la
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Super all way through !”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

As a family with 2 girls aged 10 & 12 and not much time at hand, we wanted a private, organized and safe trip trough Morocco.
We can only highly recommend Atlas and Sahara tours - we had a fabulous experience all way through. The only thing we would do different is take more time with us next time (we had a busy schedule). Good lodging, a very safe and secure driver, and our guide made our trip very memorable. We absolutely loved the hiking experience in the mountains, which was a unique experience thanks to the great organization.
We will come back!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank vogels-on-tour
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best part of our Moroccan Adventure”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Our family of four spent a week in Morocco -- 3 nights in Marrakech, 2 nights in Agadir, and 2 nights on a private tour with this company. There are many companies that can organize tours, but Mustapha's prompt and professional correspondence made Atlas and Sahara Day Tours a stand out from the start! Our first night was spent at a nomadic camp in the Sahara Desert outside of Zagora. True, the quintessential dunes of Merzouga would have been a more ideal choice, but we chose to camp closer due to the very long drives each day (especially since we had kids in the car). There was plenty of sand prior to and around the camp, so we were not disappointed. The camel ride, meals, tents, entertainment, and guides at the desert camp were great!! The next day was spent driving into the Atlas Mountains with several stops along the way. Mustapha's riad -- Jnane Imlil -- is stunning and the meals were incredible!! Hassan, our guide, was knowledgable and helpful, always answering the myriad of questions we asked. On our final day, he took us on a hike around Imlil and to the waterfalls -- just beautiful! Although the driving time in the Land Cruiser was long, our kind driver Mohammed did a perfect job and we were as comfortable as possible. Mustapha even made it a point to come to the riad and meet us -- we were very impressed with him and his entire staff! Overall: fantastic experience from start to finish!!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Heather S
Solihull, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fabulous Experience”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We used this Company for our Airport Transfers and for a day in the Atlas Mountains. My queries beforehand were dealt with efficiently. I was a bit concerned when it took an hour & a half to get through passport control that our transfer would have left, but our driver was sitting there waiting patiently. The day out was one of the most memorable of my life. Beautiful views, excellent lunch and a very helpful guide Hassan who came from the village we visited and was very friendly & knowledgeable.The camel ride was fun & the even the camels were friendly which suggested to me they were well looked after. All in all, brilliant!

Visited June 2014