“I also believe the place can be dangerous”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Aqua Fun Club

Aqua Fun Club
Ranked #55 of 159 things to do in Marrakech
Horwich
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“I also believe the place can be dangerous”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

We travelled to this report in the October holidays and complained to the tour operator when arriving home.
I'll start with the positives though. Great entertainment staff, friendly slide staff and pool staff. I never felt overcrowded although the entertainment bar was always packed after 9pm.

Now the negatives.
We arrived with our 10 year old and took an hour to book in a 1am in the morning. There were two single beds in our room for 3 people and we couldn't get this sorted as there were long delays for everyone booking in. There were only 16 people to book in and it took 2.5 hours.
The toilet in the room was broken and there was no bottles of water advertised.

Now the serious concerns.
There was damaged mains sockets in the room. Outside the lift going to our floor was an open mains socket with bare electrics. I reported this straight away to both the Hotel and the holiday rep. Nothing was done in the 7 days we were there.
The tiles around the children's pool are very slippery when wet and near the upper pools nest to the restaurant they are marble which is crazy. The big slide tower had the same slippery floor tiles which were on the steps on the way up but at least they weren't marble
The wasps were in high numbers especially around the open bins by the kids pool which had empty cups from fizzy drinks. No effort was made to control the numbers or put lids on the bins to deter them. I would say 10 percent of the kids around our pool were stung my son included. Medical care was at best limited.
On the day of check out the staff also tried to get us to sign a document written in French to say they had listened to our concerns and were agitated and rude when we wouldn't

The less dangerous was the towel shelf being lose the shower rail kept failing off and the nails sticking out of the sunbed base for the headrest. This occurred because the shelves for adjusting the angle had rotted as the sunbeds are made from wood

The inconvenience was one two slice toaster in each of the the two breakfast restaurants which created huge queues or you just didn't bother. Fresh pool towels ran out every day. The main way to get them was complain at reception but that didn't work on one occasion.
Pizzas made to order but has large queues and the staff argued in some instances if you wanted more than one. When there's three people together you tend to send one to get them all instead of making the queues even bigger.

Only half the slides operated at any one time and the lazy river was never operational. The all inclusive snack bar next to the water slide never opened. but the snack bar where you could pay was.

It was very disappointing and wasn't full.

This is the first holiday I have ever complained to a tour operator and they still haven't taken my concerns into account as the hotel is meeting "targets" The most frustrating thing is the hotel is a good size and has the potential to be one of the best places around as the slides and size of the resort is very good.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank skydive1969

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Mr A ABBAS”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We have visited marrackech on the 17th of February 2014, we stayed at Aqua fun club hotel resort with all inclusive deal. The hotel was excellent, entertainment was good, people are great, hospitality is excellent, the only disadvantage about the hotel is the food provided by the hotel, there is no variety of food, almost the same food offered every day, which is boring,other than that all good and we had a lovely time.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“DANGEROUS FOR CHILDREN. PLEASE READ !!!!SEE PHOTOS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

Before I start with the negatives, I must point out that the staff at reception were more than helpful throughout our vacation.
We booked our holiday with Thompson holidays last year and arrived at the Aqua Fun Club for the Christmas / New Year Period.
Whilst on holiday our son was "NEARLY KILLED", when he was electrocuted by the side of the pool, this was because a live exposed cable was hanging down on a metal grate near the animation team hut where the children played. Not only did my son vomit and soil himself he was in serious shock for days. His foot was burnt and he was lucky he wasn't wet at the time or it could have been FATAL (The only reason he wasn't wet is because the pools were so cold he couldn't go in them). The staff were helpful but seemed more interested in reporting the cable to the management than tending to our sick son. We were informed it was too far to go to the hospital and it would be far better for the doctor to review him straight away. I had to carry my son for over 15 minutes to a building where a man claiming to be a doctor examined him and referred us to a senior doctor who would be with us within 15 minutes.
After waiting almost three hours (With our son now in bed and told not to sleep), the senior doctor arrived.
Please see my photos and see the state of the hotel. I have not had an apology from the tour operators or the hotel and whilst I am seriously upset by what happened at the hotel I am just thankful that my son is alive.
Please feel free to contact me if you are going on holiday to the Aqua Fun Club !!!!!

Visited December 2013
15 Thank Liquid45
Copenhagen, Denmark
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Good family day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Visited for the day with the kids. Visited in mid-February, water was a little chilly but we all could handle this. The staff opendoor the slides when er wanted which was good as this was low season and had very few visitors. Will go back when in Marrakesh.

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Marrakech was rather interesting and pleasant and safe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

I went on the 9th of December for 4nights. I didn't think the weather would b as gorgeous it was warm enough to sunbathe . My first impressions of the city was very traditional and ancient with a lot of history . As I got to my resort I was really amazed by the hotel because it was very big it had several buildings and it had wonderful things that caught my eye like the chandeliers , French table n chair several Lounge areas lots of antique ornaments . It was defiantly glamorous and great to take pictures .
I was amazed by the water park I had so much fun I tried all the slides it's just great fun .There were several slides . The rooms were nice and spacious , clean loved it but In the morning after opening the balcony there was an egg smell emerging we
Found out it was the Sheeps poo across the field.
Food was awesome and delicious catered for British people and foreign . I absolutely loved the Arabian and American pop music they played around the big 5* resort in the evenings so relaxing and sensational .
We took a trip to Marrakech the famous hot spot jema el fna it's the Piccadilly circus of Marrakech lots of goods to buy I enjoyed haggling and came back with lots of antique goods n ornaments to furnish my house with . So I really enjoyed it Im coming back in may to do more shopping and more activities . Theres is so much more to Marrakech than it looks and the people r such trustworthy reliable good people . I'd definitely recommend it to families and couples . In may in coming back with extra luggage lol lots to shop for

Visited December 2013