“Authentic and relaxing”
Review of Riyad El Cadi

Riyad El Cadi
Ranked #208 of 501 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Lovely riad just 5 minutes from main square. All is very original, never artificial. Very relaxing: lovely to rest there after very intense marrakesh walking... Internal patios and livings are very welcoming, as well as the roof where it is lovely to have breakfast. Pool is very tiny but it is not the main attractio in a Riad. Staff very kind and helpful. Dinner a bit expansive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Riyad El Cadi

Reviewed 1 May 2014

We stayed in the Cadi for 4 nights with our 4 year old. We had a suite just off the main courtyard with a separate room for our daughter to sleep in and lots of space. I know that some people had complained about the noise in past as it also over looked a little patio by the kitchen, but we had no problems, and woke late very morning to the sound of bird song. We were so well looked after, from being picked up at the airport and portered across the square and through the maze of streets to the Riad on our first night, through to the hammam on our last morning I can't recommend it highly enough. The staff were all very thoughtful and attentive. We shall be going back!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed in the Blue House (2 adults and 2 pre-teens). So much space and close to the wifi patio for my daughter.
Friendly staff, it all felt very authentic. I loved sun bathing on the roof terrace and apart from the call to prayer you cannot here the hustle and bustle of the streets outside.
Tucked away down a side street but it was well lit and we felt safe. A real oasis after having spent 3 days in a Palmeraie all inclusive before we arrived.
We enjoyed dunking in the plunge pool after a day in the souks.
Linus makes an epic strawberry and apple juice too if you have the pleasure of meeting him in the school holidays.

Room Tip: Blue House for families
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I spent a week in Riyad El Cadi. The hotel is beautiful with an original and exotic style in the middle of old town. I loved it. I traveled alone as a woman and there I could get to know a lot of nice people. The hotel service, view, design and style was just magnificent and fantastic. An excellent hotel for an amazing vacation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but if you an amazing huge balcony choose room berber. Otherwise all rooms ha...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed with a large group (choir) and we took over the Riyad - no other visitors. Fantastically helpful staff - I walk with two sticks, and they were constantly thoughtful about my manoeuvring up and down the staircases to reach the rooftop breakfast, offered me meals at ground level, and so on. I was the only one to try the plunge pool: very chilly in March, when we stayed, but I imagine it would be popular in summer heat. Internet access in main courtyard only. I agree with other reviews - quiet, oasis, flowering trees in courtyards, tucked away but close to souks, comfort, relaxation etc - so haven't more to say, apart from thoroughly recommending it.

Room Tip: As far as I know all were good. I had a ground floor room, next to the main courtyard, but even that...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2014

..in the middle of Marrakech, having driven our hire car from Agadir, this was SUCH a peaceful, calm, cooling and beautiful place. It's more than tucked away, it's unfindable with 2 small children, luggage and parking etc, so thanks to my wife's advice, we paid a cab driver to drive there and followed him to as close as we could get. A local lad showed us how to find Riad El Cadi, which we did find after trying two other places. The locals are wonderful people, you just need to say thanks with a few Dirham). There are two El Cadi's with the same name (if youre as inexperienced at finding Moroccon Riads as I am), behind two different unmarked doors- but if you get here, Said is just the most helpful man in the world. He brought our bags from the car, showed me a cheap and trustworthy parking area (£5 per night with security) and brought juice and cold beer on a stunning rooftop terrace. An unbelievable place we loved it. Thank You!!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed in the Riyad el Cadi, which was recommended to us through friends, in March 2014 for two nights and chose the Berber suite for our stay. The Riyad el Cadi is located very conveniently close to the central market square in Marrakesh in a quiet side alley. There are no signboards at all pointing you in the right direction and before you enter the Riyad, you think you enter a regular Moroccan house. Once inside though, you find yourself in an oasis of tranquility. The riad is spacious with several courtyards around which the rooms are located. In those courtyards we found blossoming orange trees or the pool. A very spacious and spread-out roof terrace provides some views over Marrakesh and a nice place to have breakfast. The suite had its own balcony and provided the most luxurious accomodation of our stay in Marrakesh. The staff in the riad were genuinely helpful. In particular in Marrakesh we enjoyed having a refuge where we could find tranquility and peace amidst a city that is exciting, bustling, and at times quite demanding. We can highly recommend the Riyad el Cadi and truly enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple