Mogador Express Bab Doukkala
US$330
Hotels.com
US$138
US$104
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This hotel has been given some really mixed reviews, but I found no major issues with the hotel. We stayed for 2 nights on an easyJet package, it cost £210 for flights and hotel for us both!

The hotel itself is in a good location, about a 10 minute walk from the nearest sightseeing bus stop and about 15 minutes from the medina. There is a supermarket and bakery downstairs which is really good to take drinks and snacks out with you when you're doing the trip on the cheap. There was a nice bar area downstairs where you could buy drinks and watch the TV as well as using the slightly temperamental WiFi.

The room in the hotel was adequate, it was clean and had full working AC. The only problem was the lights in the hallway which you have to switch on whenever you exit the lift, otherwise you're walking around in the dark!

Breakfast was really good, it was fresh items from the bakery downstairs and tea, coffee and orange juice.

If you want a cheap break in Marrakech I would recommend this hotel, just don't expect The Ritz! I would also recommend you request a room on higher floors, much quieter.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JamieWorldTravel
Reviewed 16 June 2013

Do yourself a favour and stay ANYWHERE ELSE in Marrakech. If I wasn't with a tour group I would have checked out and stayed somewhere else. I got food poisoning from the dinner the first night which meant being sick the entire next day and missing out on our tour of the city.
The room was disgusting - smelled like ten thousand cigarettes and the walls were actually grey from people smoking in there. The bathroom was also dirty - blood and other stains smeared on the walls.
The staff are arrogant, unhelpful and RUDE. The only nice person was a guy called Sleiman who worked the night shift on the front desk while we were there.
No internet in rooms which means you have to sit downstairs in reception. This means putting up with smoking inside with all doors and windows shut at night. Not great if you're a non-smoker or like breathing fresh air from time to time. It was also super hot in there and when asked if they could put the aircon on they switched one tiny unit on and left the rest off. I couldn't be bothered to ask for more because dealing with their staff was horrible.
An absolutely awful hotel experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kirstin B
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Their location is good, walking distance to the main
coach station and not far from the train station also
near to the medina (old city) walls. Rooms are tired
and worn but airy. The staff is reckless and I think
not adequate. Breakfast is basic. There was a small
pool but never tried. I suggest to them to renovate
there immediately and try to find more motivated staff.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
8  Thank Joseph O
Reviewed 30 May 2013

firstly if you want a quiet break do not stay here, this hotel is in the middle of the town centre, with a bus garage right opposite it, vehicles driving all night, there are loads of shops and restaurants a small walk away (5/10 mins) there is also a cheap supermarket next door. I went full board, the food was lovely, a little repetitive sometimes but I had breakfast lunch and dinner, each meal was three courses, breakie was continental and the staff we're very helpful. A few servers did not speak English so brush up on your French. Ladies cover up, you will get harassed anyway as the locals can tell your a tourist, don't let anyone show you around, they will demand money, and ignore the locals wolf whistles and gestures, the swimming pool was basic but ok for tanning. our room was fine we had decent beds that were changed daily and a nice view, bin was emptied and nothing went missing, staff even opened a bottle of wine for us, which is major, since they don't drink here, you will have to pay local tax. bathroom was clean although the bath had rusting? we just put a towel down ands stood on it when we showered, only downside of the room. Also air conditioning was free :) This hotel has wifi, we 2 young girls had a great time, we rode camels, haggled at the market and explored, the hotel does what you need it too. I think I preferred our time at the hotel to our time exploring, make sure you check out the jardin majorelle, beautiful, absolutely beautiful, and the markets and ride a camel, it is hilarious, haggle anywhere you can, it's quite funny to watch a 700dirham item go to 5 without you saying so much as nah I'm alright. I would definitely go back, very interesting country.

Room Tip: All rooms will hear the noise, try and get a pool view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank cc d
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Worst hotel ever!!
Soufiane, the man on the front desk, the manager apparently - though God knows how with his demeanour, so rude and unhelpful, the worst service I've ever encountered.
We arrived late at night, only to be told we couldn't stay at the hotel, even though everything was already arranged and paid for. We were not allowed to use the telephone to contact our travel agents, we actually had to leave the hotel, buy a phonecard and find a public phone to use on the street. The worst thing about it was the way in which we were spoken to, Soufiane had a constant smirk fixed on his face, it was like it made him so happy to be as unhelpful as possible.
All of this because myself and my partner didn't have a marriage certificate (we are getting married this Summer). We have stayed at hotels in Morocco in the past, in Marrakech, Casablanca, Chefchaoun and Fesand, everything has always been fine, the staff always helpful, polite and friendly.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple