“I can't wait to return to La Sultana!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Sultana Marrakech

La Sultana Marrakech
Ranked #29 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
Stockholm, Sweden
“I can't wait to return to La Sultana!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2011

My one week stay at La Sultana exceeded all my expectations.
The food was delicious, the service exquisite (thank you to the lovely Jamila and the rest of the team!) and the rooms very comfortable...it felt like being at home but so much better! Also the location of the Riad is ideal, in the city centre (in walking distance of the Jemaa el-Fna) yet hidden.
I already miss Sultana breakfasts with Pomegranate salads and Date Milk.
Look very much forward to returning soon, definitely no. 1 choice in Marrakech.
Thank you ever so much for being such great hosts!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christiana S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Portland, OR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2011

I recently had dinner at La Sultana and was incredibly impressed with the property, staff and restaurant. I did not stay at this Riad, but stopped in one afternoon whilst in the Kasbah to inquire about directions around Marrakech and get a tour of the property. The staff was amazingly attenttive, spent time making recommednations, providing direction, giving me a tour of the property then booking a table for dinner the next night. When I arrived the next eve the staff remembered my name, greeted my warmly and escorted me to a wonderful dinner around. Started with drinks on the rooftops with the long view over the Medina then dinnner around a glowing pool with top-notch service, food and drink. A thoroughly enjoyable experience. They could not have made me feel more welcomed if I had been staying there which indeed I will next time.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank adaptivate
Trebetherick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

5 wonderful days and nights at this superb Hotel.The room was comfortable in every respect, all the staff were exceptionally helpful (nothing was too much trouble), and the location was ideal, near enough to the action but far enough away to be peaceful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank BabuCornwall
Dunoon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2011

Hidden away from the hussle and bustle of local Marrakech, this is a haven of beauty, luxury and calm. This beautiful Riad excels all expectations of even the most discerning customer. The opulence of the decor and high standard of accomodation is made even more special by the wonderfully attentive personable staff and the top grade standard of cuisine. The dining area surrounds the most beautiful indoor pool which contributes to its peaceful tranquil atmosphere.
La Sultana THOROUGHLY deserves its already first class reputation and I fully intend to return.

2 Thank heather t
Coleshill, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

We spent a week at this lovely hotel and were thoroughly spoiled, the staff were excellent and had a good sense of humour. Hidden down an alley, away from the hustle and bustle that is Marrakech you enter a different world with beautiful riads each with its own unique decor with luxurious rooms leading off them. The food was delicious with a large choice of Moroccan and European food.
The web site does not do justice to the charm of the place.

Room Tip: Suits in Riad Bahia have a nice sitting area outside in the riad.
2 Thank Bernice272
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

We arrived yesterday and have been amazed by the beauty of the buildings, the decadence of the room and the service.

We have tried a lot of the spa treatments already and I would recommend the 50min massage and the angel skin hamman.

The food is wonderful and the atmostphere takes some beating. As I'm writing this we are overlooking the pool and it is all lit by lights.

I would absolutely recommend this as a place to stay. They have arranged a tour guide, camel riding (which we do in the morning) and have been very helpful in everything that we have asked. It is my birthday today and I've also recieved a present! The manager, Xavier, has a wonderful sense of humour and Ghislaine deserves a special mention along with all the members of staff in the spa.

Overall, the hotel has been the highlight of our trip so far!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank Laurebella
Laguna Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2011

Although a fairely regular user of tripadvisor.com, I don't typically take the time to comment on my stay at particular hotels. Most of the time, the stay is "fine," so I don't bother to highlight anything in particular. Our most recent stay at La Sultana, however, is worthy of note.

We have traveled extensively around the world for both business and pleasure. As a result, we have experienced a very wide range of accommodations, from the lowliest hostel-style, bare bones rooms to the finest five-star resorts. La Sultana stands out among all the great hotels of the world that we've visited.

From the moment we arrived in reception to the moment we departed for the airport at the end of our stay, we were struck by the incredible level of service we received. Beyond the truly magnificent architecture and interior design details of La Sultana, the staff rates among the best we've ever encountered. Hassan and Saida (I hope I spelled their names correctly!), in particular, were gracious, accommodating, and unflappable as we peppered them with typical tourist questions as well as several special requests designed to accommodate our limited schedule in Marrakech.

By the end of our stay, our discussion had turned from "Where do we want to go next?" to "How soon could we arrange to come back?" La Sultana offered everything we look for and more. In short, we would highly recommend this property to anyone, anytime.

To the skeptical (or jaded) traveler, I say "You won't be disappointed." To the excellent staff of La Sultana, I say "Well done....and thank you! We will see you again!"

Reese Lackey and Greg Erfani (Nov. 2011)

3 Thank Reese L