Riad Farnatchi
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Pool
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
All reviewsmolton brown productsowner jamesroof terracesunken tubroyal hammamatlas mountainsseparate showeran oasisrestaurant reservationsyogurtlong weekendsuperb locationhis teamhammam experienceyour luggagetravel agentevery evening
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 January 2013

A sumptuous Riad, in a super location, nearby to the famous Marrakech souks. I am lucky to have a job that involves a lot of travel each year and this is definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed (I was on holiday this time, not working).

An architecturally stunning property, in which my wife and I had a cavernous bedroom, huge bath and shower - which had a glass roof, so I could see the blue Moroccan sky and green trees above in the morning.

Breakfast was substantial, delicious and served to us on our own private roof terrace.

Also included in the room rate was a car pick up from the airport and the staff were some of the most friendly and genuine I have encountered.

It's not cheap cheap, but I've never felt a place was so fairly priced and if it was in Europe it would be at least double the price and if it was in Capri/Monaco/Nice/St Tropez etc. I dread to think what a night here would cost!

Marrakech is a magical place and this Riad compliments the experience perfectly.

I think what I'm trying to say is that I'd recommend it...

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mark w
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My first visit to Marrakech and with not really knowing what to expect, Riad Farnatchi was this amazing secret hideaway that you would never know was there due to the unassuming, yet beautiful door leading out onto the streets of Marrakech. So close to the Medina and the souks, yet once inside you are in your own little world; stunning interiors, incredibly friendly and helpful staff and such spacious private rooms you could spend all day relaxing in them. I could write for hours on what a fantastic place it is, but honestly it really is so magical and if you haven't been yet then I think this should definitely be someone you must go and visit....I will definitely be going again and again.....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosanna T
Reviewed 24 January 2013

What a fantastic and luxurious experience!

We were looked after really well. From our arrival to the Riad, met with fresh mint tea, to the unique rooms and stunning surroundings. We really enjoyed exploring all of the nooks and crannies, the sun terraces and the courtyard - especially the pool!

The evening dining is not one to be missed either!

Room Tip: Tell the hotel what you are looking for, they have different rooms for couples, friends etc so will make sure you are in the perfect room for your stay.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JoST S
Reviewed 23 January 2013

This was a stunning place to stay - beautifully designed and decorated and such a peaceful haven from the madness and excitement that is the rest of Marrakech. A great location in the Medina from which to access the souks and other sights.... though we could quite happily have spent every day of our trip just chilling in the riad. Our 'room' (it was massive!)(suite 4) was gorgeous - full of character and had its own private roof terrace - breakfast up there in the sun was a real highlight. Service was faultless - the staff had worked out and sorted what we needed before we knew ourselves and their tips on navigating the souks were invaluable. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jo C
Reviewed 23 January 2013

We visited Riad Farnatchi last year and found a little bit of paradise right in the heart of Marrakech’s medina! Impeccably run with excellent attention to detail and sumptuous rooms all decorated to a high end and all individual. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home and the owner has superb local knowledge and gave some excellent recommendations in and around the city I cannot recommend Farnatchi enough!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple