“Great hotel and superlative service”
Review of Riad Kniza

Riad Kniza
Ranked #13 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 20 May 2009

We arrived at 9 pm from having spent a night in the desert (Erfoud) totally exhausted and hungry. The minute we got to the Riad, Kamal and his staff took over. We were ushered into our beautiful suites and had a wonderful meal at the restaurant. A surprise was the belly dancing show along with dinner and after having many courses we retired to our rooms. We had 3 suites and one of our friends did not like their suite and Kamal took care of this moving them into another suite the followwing morning. They had arranged for our sightseeing and the guide we had was terrific. We also wanted to have a hot air balloon ride but as we decided at the last minute it was all sold out. Kamal called the owner and arranged an extra flight so that we could go up in the air and proceed from there directly to the airport.
This is where the service exceeded any Four Seasons or high end hotel I had ever stayed at! My wife dropped her blackberry in the car that transported us to the balloon ride. We were frantic at the airport and Kamal and Samira told us not to worry about anything. We realized it was dropped in the car and thet contacted the owner of the balloon ride , retireved the blackberry and Fed Exed it back to us in the US. I wanted to pay for the costs but the tremendous hopitality of kamal would have none of it. When we got home my wife's blackberry was waiting for us.
The rooms were excellent , the service the best I ever had in any hotel and the warmth and hospitality were one in amillion. I may sound like an infomercial but this is the best service experience in my hundreds of high end hotels I have stayed in my travels.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 May 2009

The Riad Kniza is a beautiful and peaceful sanctuary. From the intricate tilework and beautifully embroidered fabrics to the sound of water falling in the main courtyard fountain and the delicious tagine dishes, this place is an absolute feast for the senses. Even if we had never set foot out the door to see Marrakech, it still would have been one of our best vacations.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 May 2009

This was our first trip to Morocco and our stay at Riad Kniza made the experience a memorable one. We have traveled all over the world and stayed in many luxury hotels and resorts, but this was our first stay in a property like a riad. The Riad Kniza was an experience that I would highly recommend with no reservations, but it is not a hotel experience and that should be understood. Kamal, his family, and staff aim to provide an experience of being guests at a luxurious Moroccan mansion. The property is tastefully decorated with fine antiques and objects of art that pay tribute to the rich culture and history of Morocco. The rooms are spacious, richly decorated, and very comfortable. You will not find paper tissue in the rooms as you would find in a hotel. Neither will there be stationary. However, the overall experience at the Riad Kniza and the services provided will more than compensate for these inconveniences. We greatly enjoyed daily breakfast on the rooftop terrace and afternoon mint tea with pastries. We still miss that. The restaurant was an excellent, quiet, and intimate experience. The staff, especially Samira the front desk attendant, were attentive and genuinely excited to be of assistance. Kamal and his family were kind enough to pack, at their antique shop, two inlaid wood table we purchased in Essouira. From the moment you enter it's door, the Riad Kniza will never stop greeting you with comfort, warmth, and the ever present scent of orange blossoms and rose petals.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jefekolson
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I stayed here for 4 nights and can thoroughly recommend this Riad.It has been beautifully restored by the family generations of whom have owned the property for 200 years.Spotlessly clean, superlative service and friendly staff made my stay very memorable. All the excellent meals were served in delightful surroundings and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. My friend and I sampled two different suites as we started a tour of Morocco here and came back for our final night, they were both sumptuous and very different. we did notice that the Riad had won two awards from trip Adivisor and can understand why!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 May 2009

My wife and I went on a trip to Marocco. I booked the Hotel Riad Kniza in Marrakech before hand with the Sons owner Kamal, checking on prices and deals, and it was the best experience we had. I'm from the hospitality business myself but this was somethings else. Included in the package we had a local Gourmet dinner with a bottle of wine, Guided tour thru the Souks, a trip into the Atlas mountains with driver and in an air conditioned car, all soft drinks throuout our stay, 1/2 hour massage each and use of the Hammam for free. Fruits in the room and local ammenities were included throu out our whol stay in our room also.
Arriving at the hotel was no problem, after getting a bit lost in the city (we drove ourself) Kamal came and picked us up to guide us to the Hotel and the Parking, what was paid for aswell. We already booked a suite for 4 nights and got an upgrade to a Royal Suite with Living room, 2 clothing rooms seperate Toilett and a huge sleeping room. The hotel is extremely clean and the food is fantastic. The breakfast was absolutely the highlight. Every day a different version on the lovely rooftop. The pool is very refreshing and super clean. Extremely friendly and helpfull stuff.
I can highly recommend this Hotel and I'm sure Kamal and his team will be our host again one day. Kamal thank you very much for your hospitality. It was a unique experience.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2009

As a travel writer, I frequently stay in hotels the world over as part of my traveling and writing about my travel experiences. Riad Kniza is, quite simply, one of the most beautiful and service-oriented hotels I have ever been. The place has been in the family for two centuries, and some years ago was added to and remodeled to create the gorgeous, sumptuous riad that it is today. In an excellent located in the Marrakech medina, Riad Kniza offers a respite from the hustle and bustle of the city. Once you walk through their doors, everything outside falls away and you are in the heart of luxury and calm.

The service is incredible and impeccable. They attend to your every need and make sure that you are well cared for. The rooms are simply gorgeous, as are the courtyards and the various lounges available for guests. A pool and hamman experience will complete your stay, and of course don't forget to have breakfast or an end-of-day glass of wine on the rooftop terraces overlooking the city.

The food here is simply amazing, and the riad offers special moroccan dinners with music, bar and belly dancing. The entire experience is a truly magical one, not to be missed. You will not regret choosing Riad Kniza.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank WriterGirlAustin
Reviewed 7 April 2009

My wife and i went to Marrakech and stayed at Riad Kniza after spending a few days in Fez (at one of the top hotels) and this was really special. We booked the Royal Suite Bahia (the top of the line) since there were only 2 rooms available and we aren't coming back to Morocco any time soon given the long journey and desire to continue to see new places. THIS WAS UNREAL. The space is incredible and so tastefully decorated. It has a sitting room in the front, an oversized bathroom with dual sinks, and a sweeping bedroom with a separate sitting area. It was spotlessly clean and beutiful. We had breakfest delivered to our room each morning to start our busy days. We also ate dinner one night in their lovely dining area and the service and food were first rate. My only criticism is that the riad is located in a back alley but that seems to be typical in this area. The staff was friendly and welcoming too. I would come back in a heart-beat.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple