“An Oasis to escape with everything perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riad Kniza

Riad Kniza
Ranked #19 of 508 Hotels in Marrakech
West Palm Beach, Florida
“An Oasis to escape with everything perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

For those who have not traveled to Morocco for the first time. I just returned from my frist trip. The most important thing is to choose the right place to stay. Everything is very exotic, hectic, interesting, hot, dirty, lots of smell (and not all pleasant) but if you have a wonderful place to rest, eat and sleep it can make the trip. Riad Kniza was above my expectations. From the gracious owners who the Riad has been in the family for 400 years to the exquisite decor and ambiance. The staff were excellent the foo amazing. A cool pool the beat the heat and a wonderful view from the roof top cafe.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

This was to be the final leg of our Moroccan adventure - ending a trip in which we had covered hundreds of miles. We were therefore hoping to finish on a high note & Riad Kniza certainly delivered. We arrived following a nightmare drive from Essaouira - unfortunately in trying to improve the road system they have essentially dug up miles of the main road surface & left a bumpy dirt track. I didn't think our little hire car would handle it but bruised & battered we still made it through. The Riad had kindly arranged for complimentary transfer from the airport so we could drop off our car - the driver was there as arranged & our transfer to the Riad was seamless. Welcomed inside by Kamal we enjoyed refreshments in the lounge whilst he gave us orientation & a map of Marrakech which we found helpful & informative. Keen to get started with our sightseeing we were escorted to our room. We were told en route we were to receive a complimentary upgrade to the room we had booked which was a lovely surprise, however did not prepare us for the surprise to follow.... We entered our room into a long corridor with a sunken seating area & flatscreen TV. From here we walked up some steps & around the corner into probably the biggest bedroom I have ever seen! It turned out we had been upgraded to the Royal Suite Bahia & the pictures on the website do not do it justice. We have stayed in some magnificent hotels & suites around the world but this has to rank as one of the most impressive. There was a selection of morrocan pastries for us to snack on - which were kept topped up at all times during our stay - and the room was showered with pretty rose petals making it very romantic in the tranquil lighting.
The rest of the Riad is similarly amazing with a warren of cool tranquil courtyards with a large pool area and many seating areas to escape the scorching summer sun. The roof terrace was also lovely although temperatures in the high 40's celcius during our stay saw our attempts at sunbathing thwarted!
All the staff were great, with hands on input from the owner Mohammed & his son Kamal - they all made us feel very welcome. The medina tour the Riad provides was also excellent with a knowledgable guide who keeps to the sights with no attempts to hard sell. At our request they organised a day trip to Ait Benhaddou and we must thank our great driver Abdul for looking after us in an Air-conditioned Mercedes for what was a very long drive. Having had excellent food in many Riads on our journey we opted to eat in on 2 of our 3 nights stay having an exceptional dining experience on both of these nights. I will post a separate review on this in the restaurant section but again a special mention must go to Mohammed for his excellent service & effort in running up & down stairs all evening to keep our food piping hot & ensure we were well watered. All soft drinks at the Riad are complimentary which is most welcome in the heat of the day!

In conclusion we thought that the Riad Kniza was the one of the best places we have ever stayed in with magnificent surroundings, amazing food & great staff. When we return to Marrakech we will stay here again & would recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury stay in Morocco.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2010

From the moment we turned up, all the staff were lovely and nothing was too much trouble. It's a fun short walk to the main square and a haven to come back to once you've been exploring the rest of the city. We particularly enjoyed the incredible roof-top terrace, where they will serve breakfast as well as fresh orange juice, shisha and mint tea late into the night. The other guests were all extremely nice and it was helpful to swap stories of our bartering efforts and experiences, and the staff always took an interest in seeing the souvenirs we got from the souks. All the transport links to and from the hotel, including arrival and departure, and the trip into the Atlas Mountains were organised and well run. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Laguna Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

I'm a veteran world traveler (35 countries under my belt) and made my first trip to Morocco, solo, in June 2010. Stayed at Riad Kniza for several days on the front and back ends of my trip...loved it...wish I was there right now. Great location, beautiful architecture/decor, outstanding service, incredibly friendly/helpful staff, mellow soulful vibe, and food so good it makes me drool just to think about it. They set a standard for friendly impeccable service seldom found elsewhere. This is the kind of place that I would normally try to keep all to myself, but they deserve my highest praise here on Trip Advisor.

To Kamal, Samira, Mohamed (the owner) and the Kniza staff -- thanks for everything. I miss you all and hope to be back soon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
3 Thank MarrakechFan_10
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2010

We are two elderly rather disabled people who have done a lot of travelling in the past. I cannot speak too higly of Riad Kniza. They firstly noticed my wife's difficulty with steps and very quietly upgraded us to a ground floor suite without any request, and with the nicest of help and friendly comment.

The rooms are immaculate and a privilege to occupy, the owner makes you feel a personal and important guest, the food is excellent and the staff are extremely well trained and rightly proud of the care they take of their guests.

As someone who has spent 34 years in the banqueting trade in 4 and 5 star hotels in Central London and throughout Europe I have a very critical eye (as, rightly, have those who watch me at work) and I cannot speak too highly of Riad Kniza and everyone connected with it. I hope we can return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DandGNorfolk
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2010

I stayed in Riad Kniza for my first 2 nights in Marrakech and truly enjoyed it.
All the staffer are very professional, very well trained, polite and welcoming. Also they are very flexible for your requests. You would certainly feel treated like a special guest.
I loved the architecture, the pool, how they decorate every space, the room, are all beautifully done, also I loved the arts they had are wonderful. I saw Brad Pitt picture when he visited there so I am sure this place satisfy anyone who loves beautiful architecture.
Also if you are someone who care about a bed quality, this is the place for it. I'm picky for the bed quality and I loved the bed here.
I would recommend this place for anyone.
It is truly a peaceful and joyful place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank machukuchu
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here for the last 2 nights of our honeymon and it was simply perfect. We had stayed at Riad Kniza in Feb 2007 in the Oriental room (which is beautiful) and had booked to stay in the same room again but were upgraded to the Royal Suite - just AMAZING! We were so touched by the generosity of the staff, the service we received, the food was amazing and the massages and pool were just what we needed after walking around the medina. We cannot imagine there is anywhere better to stay in Marrakech, it is more than 5* quality but with B&B-style personal service - just perfect. We will certainly be coming back!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple