My brother and I spent one evening at the Riad on our way back from the High Atlas mountains.
The Riad is the perfect contrast to the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. On entering, one is confronted by a beautiful, serene courtyard which was meticulously maintained. The points I think are important to highlight about the Riad are the following :
1. The staff were fantastic, including the owner Cyril. Indeed I mistakenly left my iPod at the hotel, and he has offered to go out of his way to send it back to me - it is not often hotel staff care about their customers post settling the bill, however this for me was the prefect representation of the care taken by Cyril and his staff to make ones stay as enjoyable as possible.
2. The views over Marrakech are breathtaking, allowing you to view some splendid Moroccon architecture in the comfort of a lounger sipping home made lemonade.
3. The breakfasts were fantastic. I can't comment on other courses as we sample the delights of the souks for our lunch and dinner.
Would not hesitate to recommend the Riad, and shall be returning myself in good time.
Chris and Steve
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Restored to its previous grandeur by a passionate team, this ancient Marrakech residence has been transformed into a Riad with a delightful ambiance. The seven spicy bedrooms, warm and colourful like their name, open onto two patios. The garden patio, where you can enjoy the flowers and aromatic plants while the fountain trickles in the background and the pool patio, an invitation to the art of relaxation, beside the sky blue mosaic pool. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Riad De l`Orangeraie Hotel Marrakech