“Godsend”

Dar Zemora
Ranked #57 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
“Godsend”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Whilst I frequently rely on trip advisor reviews, I have never written a review before which in itself speaks volumes.
My route to Dar Zemora was a little unorthodox. I was taken ill during a tennis weekend in Marrakech and ended up having an emergency appendectomy (I will spare you the details). On being discharged from hospital I was unable to fly for a week and through a contact in the UK was transferred to Dar Zemora to recuperate.
And recuperate I did! I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The setting is tranquil and picturesque. An amazing authentically constructed main house with various suites set in smaller buildings within 3 acres of beautifully tended gardens. The perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the Medina (or the International hospital in my case).
Even more amazing is the service! A delightful team of staff led by Youssef who really did go above and beyond the call of duty. NO REALLY - visiting me before I was discharged from hospital (and acting as my much needed translator) collecting me from hospital and actually negotiating my discharge when there had been a mix up with my insurance company, collecting my prescription and taking me back for check ups. They also take care of the more usual holiday requirements: arranging excursions/guides/restaurants recommendations/etc. Nothing is too much trouble and I promise you I tested this more than most!
The food is also wonderful and being unable to leave the hotel during my stay, I enjoyed this to the full. Actually the only real issue was trying to avoid overdoing it on the delicious Moroccan desserts, cakes and pastries.
All in all, I was treated like a princess and amazed that a wonderful break was salvaged from what had look set to be a complete Moroccan nightmare. I can't wait to come back in more conventional circumstances and encourage you to do the same. Come with high expectations based on the reviews and I promise you they will still be exceeded.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
london
Reviewed 29 January 2014

What a wonderful stay we had at Dar Zemora! We were treated to the most incredible weekend there by friends to celebrate a birthday, and both the place and the staff made the whole experience one to treasure. The rooms are stunning, beautifully appointed and spacious; the grounds just gorgeous to wander around and the staff so gracious and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they really made us feel so welcome. All in all, a truly memorable weekend. Do go, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Magical is the only word to describe our stay at Dar Zemora over Christmas 2013, we stayed in the Perla Suite with our own huge and very private terrace, overlooking the exquisite gardens with palm and Jacaranda trees. Calm and peace transcends this place, away from the bustle of the Medina, ( a 5 mins taxi ride away ) Beautiful rooms with fabulous bathrooms, everything spotless, with the most courteous and friendly staff. Our whole experience here was faultless!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We have returned from Dar Zemora after a fabulous long weekend to celebrate a "special" birthday. We were joined by friends and took over the entire place. From start to finish we were treated beautifully by Youssef and his amazing team. Fabulous rooms, wonderful food, amazing weather and a party complete with belly dancers and the like! So much fun. Thanks to Lindsay for her attention to detail and helping to make an unforgettable visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had just moved from our house of 40 years to a flat, and were looking for somewhere to completely turn off and relax. Dar Zemora was the perfect choice. Beautiful gardens, exquisite pool, lovely rooms and very friendly staff. The food was excellent too. And I also had a superb massage - twice - we were only there for three days and we did not want to leave.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We left the pre-Christmas bustle of the UK and found an oasis of peace and beauty at Dar Zemora. The hotel has been attractively designed and furnished for comfort and relaxation with Moroccan lamps and candles creating a lovely atmosphere. The gardens are a delight and everything is immaculately maintained. Super rooms and excellent service make this a special place to escape to and very difficult to leave!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was our third visit to Dar Zemora and it continues to exceed expectations each time. Dar Zemora is beautiful oasis of calm in La Palmeraie on the outskirts of Marrakesh. The service is a perfect balance between being looked after and left in peace. We were made to feel absolutely welcome and completely at home. The beautiful rooms, reception areas and gardens provide wonderful space to lounge and relax after the bustle of the medina. We will be going back - again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple