Dar Zemora
US$448
  • Breakfast included
US$734
Cancelon
All reviewszahara suitefan roompavilion suitepavillion poolhis teamstunning gardensa short taxi rideprivate terracecentral marrakechlittle piece of paradisebeautiful havenan oasis of peaceother gueststhe hustle and bustlerelaxing stayfour nightslong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We really enjoyed Dar Zemora. This trip was actually our second, 9 years after our first!

We chose to go back because Youssef and his staff are extremely friendly and accommodating and lovely with the kids, but also because there is a degree of luxury but with a nice informality. The other real benefit to staying here is the ability to sample the heat and bustle of the busy market centre at a few minutes notice while hiding away within the calmer environment of the villa. It is a very nicely decorated villa set in lovely gardens, (although dark shady interiors resulted in a certain amount of difficulty with finding things in our room!). The food is good, particularly when the focus is on the traditional fare.

My only suggestions for improvements would be a) heat the pool more (even my normally unshakeable kids survived only a few minutes in it), and b) be more communicative about food options as these come a bit "take it or leave it" which I don't think is the intention!

Room Tip: The Zahara suite is the one for me! High ceilings, lovely terrace and straight out to the poolside.....
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 1BA1
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Spent 2 nights at the Dar Zemora and had a fantastic time. Youssef - the head of house - could not have been more helpful. Arranged Hammam and massages for us in the on-site facilities, plus a fantastic guide (Aziz - to be recommended) & driver for a tour of the main sights of Marrakech - a great way to see the city in a short time, and very reasonable. We ate dinner in the hotel both nights - beef tagine the first night, chicken the second - both excellent. Superb gardens with both sun and shade to sit and relax in; great lounges in the Riad itself to sit and relax in the evenings. We had a standard room but that was very well appointed with small balcony, bath and shower, chairs to relax in, all very good indeed. Would love to come back again - a real piece of paradise - highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to have great views of the lovely gardens.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had the most amazing time at Dar Zamora. I went with my husband and parents and stayed in the Pavillion Pool Suite, which has two spacious bedrooms with terraces each, a living room and a private swimming pool all beautifully decorated. We had a fire every night and a hot water bottle was put in our beds each night. The food was delicious and Yousseff and his team couldn't do enough for us. Calm and peaceful, the perfect place to unwind in beautiful settings.
Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfect
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Whilst I frequently rely on trip advisor reviews, I have never written a review before which in itself speaks volumes.
My route to Dar Zemora was a little unorthodox. I was taken ill during a tennis weekend in Marrakech and ended up having an emergency appendectomy (I will spare you the details). On being discharged from hospital I was unable to fly for a week and through a contact in the UK was transferred to Dar Zemora to recuperate.
And recuperate I did! I cannot recommend this place highly enough. The setting is tranquil and picturesque. An amazing authentically constructed main house with various suites set in smaller buildings within 3 acres of beautifully tended gardens. The perfect escape from the hustle and bustle of the Medina (or the International hospital in my case).
Even more amazing is the service! A delightful team of staff led by Youssef who really did go above and beyond the call of duty. NO REALLY - visiting me before I was discharged from hospital (and acting as my much needed translator) collecting me from hospital and actually negotiating my discharge when there had been a mix up with my insurance company, collecting my prescription and taking me back for check ups. They also take care of the more usual holiday requirements: arranging excursions/guides/restaurants recommendations/etc. Nothing is too much trouble and I promise you I tested this more than most!
The food is also wonderful and being unable to leave the hotel during my stay, I enjoyed this to the full. Actually the only real issue was trying to avoid overdoing it on the delicious Moroccan desserts, cakes and pastries.
All in all, I was treated like a princess and amazed that a wonderful break was salvaged from what had look set to be a complete Moroccan nightmare. I can't wait to come back in more conventional circumstances and encourage you to do the same. Come with high expectations based on the reviews and I promise you they will still be exceeded.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 January 2014

What a wonderful stay we had at Dar Zemora! We were treated to the most incredible weekend there by friends to celebrate a birthday, and both the place and the staff made the whole experience one to treasure. The rooms are stunning, beautifully appointed and spacious; the grounds just gorgeous to wander around and the staff so gracious and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they really made us feel so welcome. All in all, a truly memorable weekend. Do go, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends