“My 30th Birthday”

Ranked #57 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
Rutland, UK
“My 30th Birthday”
Reviewed 10 September 2008

My wife booked us 3 nights at the Da Zemora. I have stayed at many top hotels in the world, however this is different. It is so peaceful and relaxing it really does feel like heavan. All the rooms are stunning and the staff and service is exceptional. I intend to go back every year to visit. It is one of those places that you have to go to understand!

Stayed September 2008
1 Thank muzwell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Chichester, UK
Reviewed 30 July 2008

I've stayed at many great hotels but Dar Zemora was in a league of its own. I admit that as we were practically the only guests that it made me feel like I owned the place was a key factor in how great the hotel was, but the lovely room and the *excellent* staff were truly excellent. I'd advise anyone staying there to indulge in the 6 course gourmet evening - we ate in several expensive Marrakech restaurants but none were as good as here! The private taxi the hotel organised seemed a little expensive (but was excellent service) and that's the only negative thing I can think of and I've racked my mind to find something!

• Stayed July 2008
1 Thank cloudzilla
London
Reviewed 16 May 2008

We stayed at Dar Zemora for 6 nights as part of our honeymoon.

The place is absolutely beautiful, restful and very relaxing.

The staff were wonderful and the food as good as you will find in any of the local restaurants.

We will return

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank latourian
Eastcourt
Reviewed 4 May 2008

It's a wonderful setting in what, throughout the day, is a really peaceful place. But at night, with the windows open, barking dogs, and on one night non-stop music, kept us awake.

We were in the Perla suite with its own roof terrace. It was a good room but the furnishings and curtains were dated and the lighting - just appalling! It was impossible to read in the room at night and impossible for my wife to see in the bathroom mirror, again because of inadequate lighting.

We had the exclusive use of a very well equipped roof terrace with views over the grounds - but again, the owners had clearly not considered that guests might like to sit there after dark - but there were just two very ineffective wall lights. We had excellent lunches but like others we met,were very disappointed with the unimaginative offerings at night - so we ate elsewhere.

The staff were wonderful and could not do enough to help. But, for the money charged, the owners could - and should - do better.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
UK
Reviewed 28 April 2008

Dar Zemora

We have just returned from this house in the palmerie marrakech, It is a piece of heaven. We stayed in the Zahara suite and it was wonderful just the perfect location. The service is of the highest standard with no exeptions , the food wonderful this was our second visit, look forward to the next .

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled with family
UK
Reviewed 22 April 2007

Wonderful, peaceful, immaculately decorated boutique hotel outside the city centre. We stayed in the pavilion, which was excellent value for money and extremely luxurious. After one small hitch with our airport pick-up everything else went really well with our stay and the staff were very gracious. Good food in an exquisite dining space. A great place to stay if you don't want to immerse yourself in the chaos of the medina, but still possible to 'commute' in by taxi when you want to.

• Liked — decor and service
  • Disliked — location not great for medina
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pavaj
Surrey, UK
Reviewed 22 January 2007

If you're looking for tranquility, sublime surroundings and staff which, by the time you leave you could almost count as your best friends - then spend a few nights at Dar Zamora.

I was incredibly fortunate to have the Dar Zamora to myself for 4 days - treated like an absolute princess I had the time of my life. I class one of my favourite hobbies as visiting boutique hotels around the world and Tatler and Conde Nast have it spot on - this place is simply devine - close enough to shop in the Medina and trendy Sidi Ghamm yet far enough to remove the stresses and strains of what may be on your shoulders when you arrive.

I can't wait to go back - hopefully the Hammam will be finished by then - and if it's anything like the rest of the house I'll be booking that rather than a room!!!!

• Stayed January 2007