Me and a group of 4 friends stayed in this hotel for a week in Aug 11.
We paid 250 GBP each with EasyJet Holidays, I would say that this is very cheap for the hotel.
When we arrived, we checked in at reception quickly, the receptionist was very polite and told us that were not able to check in until 3pm (we arrive at the hotel at 11am). However after filling in our documents the porter advised that we can check in now (approx 12), I thought this was very good, you can apprietiate that the cleaners need to ensure the rooms are cleaned.
The porter checked us in and took our bags up to the room for us.
Once there we were ready to hit the pool, I must say the pool is very spacious however you need to get there early to get a bed! But we were able to lay our towels down on the grassy area which was fine.
They have a snack bar by the pool, with a good but limited menu, however the food is ok.
If you need to go into town of an evening you need to catch a short taxi ride from the hotel to the main centre, you need to negotiate your price before you get in the cab never pay more than 50Morrocan Dirhams they usually back down.
The souks and the medina are very good for cheap deals, as with most holiday places the people do hassle you, but if you ignore them or tell them no they will leave you alone.
If you would like to have somewhere sophisticated and nice place to drink I would definatley suggest the Sky Bar, its a roof terrace bar on top of a beautiful hotel looking out onto Marrakech!!
In regards to the rooms, they are spacious, and the cleaner comes every day to clean the rooms and change the towels, they are very trusting.
We also broke our shower head one evening getting ready, by the next evening the cleaner had reported it and a new shower head was fitted. The beds are comfy and spacious.
The staff are very friendly, as long as your friendly to them.
If you need an iron you can rent of a deposit of 200 dirham which is far.
I wouldnt suggest getting the food from the resturaunt if your b&b as they will charge you 13 dirham as a set price and the food is very limited, they have plenty of resuraunts in the town.
I would say of the below points to look out for :
* Make sure you tip the porter when you arrive and he takes your bags, as they do not allow food or drink to be bought in the hotel, however the porter let us slide with our duty free drinks.
* When in the streets be aware of the young boys begging, they try to get money from you.
* Get round the pool early for a bed.
* They have no fridges in the room, however we bought ice from the local supermarket and filled the sink to keep our drinks cool.
Overall it was a lovely hot holiday, fo the price we paid you cant beat it.!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Tropicana is a four stars Hotel located in the heart a magnificent garden. The hotel is 5 minutes from the hand attraction of Marrakech.- 144 spacious rooms with bathtub and balcony- swimming-pool, mini-club- restaurant, piano-bar, snack bar- Spa with traditional hammam- TV, phon, WI FI, air conditioned, safety box- ShopsThe Tropicana has place where each will find his own relieving environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK) and Cancelon so you can book your Tropicana Hotel Club Paladien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropicana Hotel Marrakech
- Tropicana Hotel Paladien