1,035 results
All reviewsmanager azizvilla hotelfree car servicehot tubpalmeraie areashuttle servicewhole teamprivate terracesmall hotelbeautiful oasisrose petalsfresh orange juiceatlas mountainstagineday tripmint teastephane
Reviewed 10 July 2010

We have just returned from our trip to celebate our 20th Wedding Anniversary. The hotel was everything we could have wished for and more. I chose this hotel as I knew we were visiting at the hottest time of the year and felt that inside the city walls may be too oppressive. The gardens and pool at the hotel were perfect to relax in with very attentive staff on hand. With the car to take us to the city centre when ever we wished we didn't feel like we had missed out, our only problem being we got steadlily more attached to staying put!
Am veruy much hoping we get chance to visit again as I came back totally relaxed

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

With only eight suites, each with its own character and charm, Dar Ayniwen is a true gem in the Palmeraie. My husband and I had a relaxing and romantic stay, enjoying the setting, food and superb service. The staff goes out of their way to be helpful, helping arrange guides, restaurant reservations, camel rides and more. Here we had our best service during our travels in Morocco. The landscape, gardens, courtyards and pool provide an exquisite setting. Free transfer service at any time of day (or night) was an invaluable amenity, making travel to and from the airport and Marrakesh hassle free. Definitely don't miss this place!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2010

After doing a lot of research searching for a place to stay in Palmerie I chose this lovely looking elegant Riad for a trip with my teenage daughter. We wanted a pool and garden and someplace with character. We found all three at the very special world you enter when you come to Dar Ayniwen. It' sone of the oldest mansions in the area and has a wonderfull mellow, aristocratic yet unpretentious air about it. The charming and modest host/owner is hands-on and observant, and manages his delightful staff beautifully. The whole place ran so smoothly it was a delight. We were generously upgraded to a bigger suite so we wouldnt have to share a Kingsized bed. The suite had its own private garden and gorgeous marble bathroom.

There is wonderful original art and antiques throughout the property, with all sorts of places to read, relax and wander about. The huge pool is deep and cool, perfect for swimming after lazing in the sun. The staff are adorable. Zak looked after us and could not have been more attentive and untuively thoughtful. The Manager Aziz was totally organised and made everything so easy. Everyone was friendly and fun to talk with--there was no stuffiness at all. The hotel has a generous attitude...they even provide a car to take you into town and pick you up. When my daughter felt unwell in the heat I rang the hotel to see if they could pick us up and they came immediately and were so kind to her--offering to make special tummy friendly toast and boiled rice...it was much appreciated. However their own food is too good to pass up--all freshly made to order from local ingredients.

There is also an in-house beauty and massage therapist and a lovely private Hammam.

Dar Ayniwen is the sort of place that you could dream away the days in complete happiness. I would happily return.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2010

This was our fifth time in Dar Ayniwen and as per usual it was the most wonderful stay! We travelled with our best friends and all of our children and were due to stay for 6 days but ended up there for 2 weeks following the Volcano eruption in Iceland - which was a massive blessing for us all! Aziz and the whole team welcome us each time like old friends and my children will be spoilt for ever as a result of this truly incredible location. Up until we discovered Dar Ayniwen, we travelled to different places all the time - since our first visit, we can never wait to get back. My friends review (their first time) also on Tripadvisor says it all!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I can echo previous positive comments. Stephane was a very gracious and hospitable host. The offer to use the hotels transport free of charge to and from the center of town was very well organised, with the driver being there in plenty of time prior to both journeys to and from. Nothing ever seemed to much trouble, the staff at the hotel were always at hand to deal with any request.
If you are looking for somewhere where you can relax in peaceful surroundings yet still have the ability to take in the sounds and smells of the souk then look no further.
Having travelled all over the world and stayed in many different hotels, however, I can say this place is very special.
We will be back