“Good new hotel with very friendly staff”

Kech Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #199 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I arrived late at night at the hotel and was to leave early so I was unable to see much of the hotel but the rooms were spacious, well furnished, and had all necessary toiletries. The lady at front desk was amazingly helpful and friendly. Dinner was nice but the restaurant did not open at the stipulated 7 am - which was disappointing and we had to leave without taking breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 April 2014

This new hotel has lovely large rooms, with comfortable beds and very nice bathrooms but it lets itself down by poor organisation and indifferent food. The staff are charming, as we found all Moroccans to be, but the service was not what we expected of a hotel with this rating. I had requested a particular location and type of room by email, and had an acknowledgment from the manager assuring me that I could be accommodated but it took 3 tries on arrival before we were allocated the correct room. Our room was not serviced the next day and hadn't been done by 4pm on the day after that, though it was done quickly when I reported this. We were left without toilet paper one day - another urgent request needed! The food was very bland with very little variety, though it was well presented. The service in the pool bar was incredibly slow - expect to wait 45 minutes and up for a club sandwich - the hotel wasn't busy also there was no excuse for this. The hotel is someway out of town and necessitates taxis for all excursions, but these were cheap and reliable, and our room at the back gave us the quiet we were looking for (as opposed to being in a riyad in the city). Even I was visiting Marrakech again - which I might - I think I would prefer to be closer to the city.

Room Tip: The hotel is on a very busy road, so ask for a room at the rear. The view isn't great but with t...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just back from a 3 night stay with my daughter, and would recommend this contemporary clean and tranquil hotel. Warmly welcomed on arrival with mint tea whilst the quick check in process was done.

We were impressed with our room for the spaciousness, quality furniture, fittings, decor and use of fragrance to aid ambience. There was a huge double bed but we had requested a twin room so returned to reception and were immediately given a twin room of equal impressiveness.

Before travelling we had read some reviews criticising the food and staff. We found the staff very pleasant, polite and helpful. Staff were not over attentive but I prefer this approach personally - helping whenever it was needed. If you speak French you will find communicating much easier but even with our limited French we had no problem as English was well spoken and staff keen to please.

We also had no complaints about food on our half board package. Meals are buffet style but plentiful, healthy and well presented. Evening meal hot choices vary with some local tagine dishes that included red meat, chicken and fish main courses as hot alternatives but backed up with a large choice of salads and vegetables. All very tasty.

Hotel is marketed as modern boutique style so is contemporary with elements of Morocco in the art and accessories. We found it to be
immaculate and welcoming. However the pool was like a cold plunge pool at this time of year (late March) - would probably warm up in the height of the summer.

We had a late flight home and the staff were kind enough to allow us a room to shower in and change before departure free of charge. We noticed this room was not as nice as our room - it was much smaller and slightly smelly - so were pleased we were not allocated this room! However it could be a cheaper rate room or only used for such purposes - as at least 3 others also used this room to freshen up in - all thanks to the helpfulness and kindness of staff/ hotel management.

We had a massage on our last afternoon which was good. Layout in spa seemed a bit dungeon like - a little disappointing after the spaciousness and impressiveness of the hotel upstairs. The massage room had poor shower facilities, no toiletries and lighting so low it would have been hazardous to attempt to shower! However the hotel offered us a room to shower in (and wash hair as full of massage oils!) so this was not a problem, and the massage recommended!

A thoroughly recommended hotel!

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Cheddarisgorgeous
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just back from week here. It's in a "new" area near airport and a bit desolate with lots of building work being carried out in vicinity. Easy walk into the medina but cabs cost only £3-4.

good points - rooms very large and spotlessly clean. Beds huge. Rest of hotel very clean and lovely decor and furnishings. Staff helpful and polite.
bad points - service in restaurant and pool bar poor. Waited nearly an hour for snack, one lunchtime. Not even busy. Breakfast was chaotic - tables not cleaned, no clean cups or cutlery. Staff appear to be poorly trained and disorganised. We actually made a few simple suggestions to improve the service and they did appreciate this. Not much choice of food and it was rarely hot.
Hopefully they will sort things out soon as the staff were pleasant and did try hard but do need a good manager.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dutchmaster2014
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This is a new hotel with a lot to learn. The first room I was given had terrible sewage smells. They tried to convince me it would go once room had been aired it would be ok.It was not. I was upgraded and had a room on the first floor.The rooms are big and comfortable. Bathroom is great but can be difficult getting out of the bath.
Most of the staff are lovely. Wafa in the spa especially. I enjoyed a number of treatments. However one was ruined when I came to pay as I had been given a 10% discount by mistake and it was now being taken back. The spa manager was trying her best to sort it but the hotel needs to learn a lot about how to deal with these situations as they managed to ruin what I had gained from the massage.
The food is terrible and I agree with other reviews cold , not enough odd mixtures and uninviting. The restaurant is small and service not good. The only morning it was good was when there was no manager on duty.

I would not recommend half board as there are many good restaurants locally so easier to eat out, and reasonably priced.

The pool area is nice but can be difficult to get beds on a busy day. Comfortable sun beds , but again no one available to move beds or give u towels. Pool was cold while we were there, but inviting .

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank 598karenq
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Visited this hotel on the back of a travelzoo deal £299pp for 3 nights, 4 days. I travelled with my mum and we wanted a relaxing break away with a bit of sunshine.
The hotel is lovely, being so new the rooms and pool are are really well done. However the downside to this is that the staff clearly do need some training. The guys at the front desk are more than helpful and polite, however the staff around the pool are useless. We ordered drinks a number of times that either did not arrive or took an absolute age. It was not busy around the pool by any means, so I really see no excuse. When we would walk up to the bar to ask where the drinks were they would be talking to eachother.
Aside from that the hotel is located in the middle of nowhere. There is a Carrefour mall a 15 minute walk away, which is good for clothes shopping and grabbing some supermarket food which you can store in the fridge in your room. Having said that we also had lunch by the pool and it was lovely.
We also enjoyed the spa facilities and had a facial, full body massage and pedicure- definite recommendation and we get 10% off.
Overall I thought the hotel was lovely with a few hiccups. I probably would not go back as the location within Marrakech just wasn't for me a little too in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lovetotravelgirl66
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had a deal that cost just £299 each for a four day break including flights. This included dinner, bed and breakfast.

We arrived at Le Kech and was pleased that reception is clean and spacious. It is a few miles from the center of town, but taxis cost about 40 or 50 dirhams (£3 or £4) each way. It is nice to have somewhere to go after dinner, try Bianco Ice next door for an icecream or coffee or wander to the Carrefour and shops around 15 minutes walk away.

We where greeted with a smile and although check in was slow, we were given a pen and forms and by the time the forms were completed, we were checked in and given our room key.

The room was clean with good quality, clean bedding with a firm bed. The rooms are large and clean, neutrally decorated with large screen TVs, aircon etc, but no kettles. The first night we were woken after the lights over the bed came on, waking us. We couldn't turn them off and were offered another room. I suspect that the lights were not wired correctly and maybe next door turned them on after getting in.

The second room lights were tripped when we got there. The manager accessed the fuse box and reset them but they tripped again as soon as the lights where put on again. The next room had some issues with a smell of sewage, sinks that wouldn't empty and finally the safe batteries expired.

Our fourth room everything worked and all ended well.

The food I was not all to our taste, but we ate every breakfast and dinner. I understand that the hotel has taken the critique from here and have recently replaced their chef.

The hotel has only been open 5 months and is still snagging issues - but I genuinely believe that they are trying very hard to get things rights. All the staff we spoke to around the hotel speak some English, most speak it very well. The seem to also speak Spanish and German.

Taking all into consideration, it is a nice small hotel that really wants to do things right but are still learning their way. The staff and management are lovely and friendly. If this hotel was anywhere in EU prices would be significantly higher.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple