All reviews rooftop bar la table swimming pool is superior room small balcony the main square moroccan style jemaa el medina mina hairdresser koutoubia jad morocco hammam french
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I cannot believe the poor reviews for this hotel.The staff ,from the general manager down, went out of their to be helpful and friendly.My young daughter loved every minute of the special attention she received.Breakfast was excellant as was the food, service and ambience in the main restaurant.Service at the pool side bar was quick ,efficient and friendly.Our room was bright and clean,the a/c worked perfectly as did the shower etc.The hotel location was excellant being a short and safe walk to the Medina and a 10 minute taxi ride to the airport. PS wife and daughter loved the Spa!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

excellent spa.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank ucl1977
Reviewed 12 June 2012

On arrival there had been an error with our booking whether this was the hotels fault or operators i'm not sure but we were made to feel a nuisance and unwelcome. We did have a nice lunch down by the pool from the snack bar. It was the quality of sleep that let this hotel down first of all the main road kept me awake and once i finally got to sleep amd i was woken up by a member of staff letting themselves into my room they apologised but being a female by myself in the room I felt quite on edge. The hotel itself is very beautiful and the staff speak a minimum of 3 languages I don't think I would risk a second stay but I think i just had a bad experience.Also just a general pointer don't be fooled by men posing to be staff working at your hotel who can 'show you a shortcut'

Room Tip: make sure you lock your doors at night
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kloug17
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We spent 1 night in the hivernage hotel&spa in Marrakech. I was a litte bit sceptic, after having read various other reviews, but we were not disappointed. The hotel and the rooms are very nice, beautiful morroccan style decoration. Clean. Good breakfast with a very large choice. The situation of the hotel is calm, not far from the medina. We went to Marrakech by car, but you can easily walk the distance from the hotel to jemaa El Fna or take a small Taxi. I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mireille W
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed here in November 2011 and were as disappointed as others who stayed here. Most, but not all, the staff were miserable looking and seemed disinterested in their jobs.

We were first shown to a twin, not a double room and thank goodness the room was changed. Dirty, stained curtains and a stale smelling room was changed to a double with a balcony with views over the Sofitel Hotel, (which I wish we'd booked instead) which was slightly better. Shame about the badly working shower and mould infested shower head. Not even the plug for the bath did its job and it took several attempts to get the shower to stay on.

The breakfast was pretty lousy and tedious after a few days with an egg 'chef' who needs to learn some basic skills. We had a pretty good meal in the restaurant on our first night, but with the huge choice of eateries available, we did not return for seconds.

There was a long and tedious saga of trying to organise an iron and board to be delivered to the room at the same time, but after two days of asking for and even pre-ordering the two items, the best we could get was just the ironing board. Then housekeeping came knocking at the door asking if we had the iron. I had to laugh at the ridiculousness.

The spa, although we were quite optimistic, was awful too. A long wait in a room curtained off with staff and clients running about was not the best start to the relaxation, then put in a tiny room each with barely enough room for the masseuse to feebly run her hands over you was not worth the money at all. Archie's masseuse was so bored with it all, she felt regular loud yawns were needed to add to the experience. Not worth the £150.00 we paid. Not worth a tenner.

It's in a good area with some great places nearby ( try the Comptoir Darna for a great night out), but it fails on nearly every level of service. Do not expect better than a 2* Hotel and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, request a balcony room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple