All reviewsrooftop barla tableswimming pool issuperior roomsmall balconythe main squaremoroccan stylejemaa elmedinaminahairdresserkoutoubiajadmoroccohammamfrench
Reviewed 31 July 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed for 5 nights after we moved from a nearby Riad that we had issues with. The Hivernage Hotel was quite good. Firstly the location is about 10-15 minutes walk from Jamaâ El Fna Square. You can easily get a small taxi but getting them to use the meter is difficult however most will take you for 10 dirham. The front desk staff that we had contact with especially Hassan and Hannan were very helpful. I was very impressed with Hassan's attention to detail, he assisted us on several occasions and exceeded our expectations. The rooms were of reasonable size but a bit dated, the air conditioning was great with such hot weather outside. The mattress sagged a bit, I think it was two singles joined together. Breakfast was a bit simple for a buffet, the chef cooking the omelette saved the breakfast. The pool was nice also. The other spa facilities and roof top we didn't use. I would stay here again due to the good service provided by the front desk staff.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I cannot believe the poor reviews for this hotel.The staff ,from the general manager down, went out of their to be helpful and friendly.My young daughter loved every minute of the special attention she received.Breakfast was excellant as was the food, service and ambience in the main restaurant.Service at the pool side bar was quick ,efficient and friendly.Our room was bright and clean,the a/c worked perfectly as did the shower etc.The hotel location was excellant being a short and safe walk to the Medina and a 10 minute taxi ride to the airport. PS wife and daughter loved the Spa!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

excellent spa.

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank ucl1977
Reviewed 12 June 2012

On arrival there had been an error with our booking whether this was the hotels fault or operators i'm not sure but we were made to feel a nuisance and unwelcome. We did have a nice lunch down by the pool from the snack bar. It was the quality of sleep that let this hotel down first of all the main road kept me awake and once i finally got to sleep amd i was woken up by a member of staff letting themselves into my room they apologised but being a female by myself in the room I felt quite on edge. The hotel itself is very beautiful and the staff speak a minimum of 3 languages I don't think I would risk a second stay but I think i just had a bad experience.Also just a general pointer don't be fooled by men posing to be staff working at your hotel who can 'show you a shortcut'

Room Tip: make sure you lock your doors at night
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank kloug17
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We spent 1 night in the hivernage hotel&spa in Marrakech. I was a litte bit sceptic, after having read various other reviews, but we were not disappointed. The hotel and the rooms are very nice, beautiful morroccan style decoration. Clean. Good breakfast with a very large choice. The situation of the hotel is calm, not far from the medina. We went to Marrakech by car, but you can easily walk the distance from the hotel to jemaa El Fna or take a small Taxi. I recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple