All reviewsrooftop barla tableswimming pool issuperior roomsmall balconythe main squaremoroccan stylejemaa elmedinaminahairdresserkoutoubiajadmoroccohammamfrench
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stay in a lot of business hotels so when on holiday I tend to compare, and this hotel did quite well against some of the larger marques.
The position of the hotel is just outside one of the main gates and the famous Jemaa el Fna square is a 15 minute brisk walk away. It is only a 15 minute drive to the airport.
The pool is nice but when we wre there in October / November it was decidedly chilly, the pool area was in the shade for most of the day - this may change is summer.
The breakfast was good with plenty of choices and refreshed regularly.
Staff - always the sign of a good hotel - were excellent. Couldnt fault the service in any way at all.

Room Tip: Some of the suites have their own Hammams and the difference in price is worth it. Insist on a Superior room anyway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keith1955
Reviewed 26 October 2012

Location is good (next to So, Theatro, Comptoir, Silver...), but hotel services are awful.
We took the room with a hammam inside to be able to relax a bit, but it took 4hours and 5calls to get someone to come and make it... not work!
Same story to get a iron and ironing table. 5calls, 1hour, had to go down to the lobby so they would tell me it'll come in 5min.
Pool is ok but a bit surrounded bu buildings so be aware if you want to get some sun.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank povignal
Reviewed 4 October 2012

Our stay was unforgettable. The hospitality, care and excellent service of the hotel staff was above our expectations. We will surely and definitely go back. Plus the fantastic menu offered by the talented chef was the cherry on top!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ArianeJoune
Reviewed 3 October 2012

Disappointed with this hotel. It began with it looking a little uncared for – plenty of scattered rose petals, but a dirty bath, holes in the furnishings, etc . Then it turned out to be noisy – we were over the restaurant and kept awake every night by the lack of sealed windows. The service in the bars and with housekeeping was kind of sloppy and hit-and-miss. The location is certainly very good, and breakfast was fine. The view however was non-existent – the website promises a view from any room, and all we could see from our room was a wall of apartments opposite. Wifi didn’t work in the room, only downstairs in the lobby.

Finally, as we left to go to the airport, we asked the hotel to arrange a taxi for us, and we were quoted around 100DH (about £8). We were delivered directly by the hotel’s staff into the hands of a taxi driver. Foolishly, we didn’t verify the price with him (we were having difficulty communicating in any language, which I believe was deliberate) and when we got to the airport his diction suddenly became very clear and he wanted more than twice the quoted price, for a 7 minute journey. I am sure his country (which we otherwise found very friendly and accommodating) must be very proud of him and his “scalp the tourist” attitude – it really makes you want to go back. Well, certainly never to this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This is an average hotel at a good price in the most upscale district of Marrakech.
Luxurious feel in the lobby complemented by tea at check in.
My room, while perfectly fine had a problem with the door handle so they gave me a different room but this took some time. Replacement room was lovely, overlooking the pool (only 1 room on each floor overlooks the pool area; the others overlook the street). Bed was super comfortable and pillows were fantastic. Sheets, while clean and crisp, looked a little worn. Room was serviced daily - no complaints there. Bathroom was fine; a little worn out and the shower head didn't attach to the wall.
Pool area is nice and kept tidy throughout the day offering snacks and drinks (including alcohol - hurrah!). Prices are high but are on par with a European resort hotel.
My main gripe with this hotel is with their Wi-Fi; this was a working holiday for me between work trips and as such I needed a reliable connection for Skype, emails etc. I had contacted the hotel in advance and they assured me I'd be fine. For the first two days the signal was OK but went down a few times sometimes for no longer than an hour. No big deal. On the third day it just gave up entirely around 4pm and it wasn't back online until well after 5.30pm the next day. OK so everyone has tech difficulties. However, it was the manner in which the staff handled this which I had a problem with. They more or less told me that it was my equipment (I have a PC laptop and an iPhone) that was at fault, pulling out laptops in the lobby showing me a Google start page as if I was psychotic and fabricating the entire incident! Anyone at Reception I spoke to about it more or less ignored me until I got quite irritated and demanded further action or a refund so i could go stay in a different hotel. Eventually a "tech" guy came to my room and fiddled about with my computer (basically doing nothing) while a Junior Manager (the same one who continually thought I was making this up and more or less said so) looked on. They went away scratching their heads. Eventually, through no expertise of the techie, or myself for that matter, the connection started to work again. No idea why. However it was the way in which the entire matter was handled made me believe that if I had experienced other difficulties then the same sort of customer service would have been absolutely unacceptable. iPhone's data services don't work on the local phone networks so Wi-Fi is essential if you need to stay in contact.
Spa was nice with complimentary Hamman and Sauna. Massages were very expensive however.
Bottom line; have low expectations and be wowed. Leave your technology at home. Sofitel across the street is an amazing hotel with genuine WOW factor and is not that much more expensive. I'd pay the extra and stay there if you can afford the difference.

Room Tip: Try get a room overlooking the pool. Only one on each floor so be quick. I stayed in Room 210.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business