All reviews rooftop bar well equipped gym standard room swimming pool is steam room small balcony few issues the wi fi loved this hotel the room was nice modern hotel decent size muslim country very pleasant stay five nights the main square long weekend
Reviewed 6 December 2012

Stayed here for a business conference and found that the hotel has some great good points but also some pretty dreadful bad points.

The good stuff:
Had a superior room which had a great balcony, seating area and sunbeds.
Room size is pretty decent
Bed was large
Service was pretty good for Morocco
Public areas are well done and clean
Roof top terrace bar is brilliant

Bad stuff:
Never really felt the floor was cleaned properly in the bedroom, especially when walking around barefoot - probably why they provide the generic slippers
Breakfast was pretty dreadful except for the pastries
WiFi only worked in the corridor and not in the bedroom, fine if you on holiday but drove me mad as i was on business
Swimming pool is very exposed from most bedrooms and corridors
Lots of French tourists (not a bad thing in itself) but they do get better service than us conference delegates that don't speak the language
The cushions on the balcony were nasty; very dirty and stained. Too cold to use the balcony too much but come high season no way would i want to sit out there. Also the view is awful overlooking other hotels and a rubbish dump!

I would stay there again as its location was pretty good but there are other hotels next door that would be worth a look at like the Sofitel and the Delano. Marrakesh hotels operate a quite low occupancies, so a deal can always be done especially for longer stays.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank chui101
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Hotel & restaurant were first class. Rooms clean & spacious with nice touches like scattered rose petals & chocs on the pillow. What made it more special were the staff - both reception & restaurant who were friendly couteous & incredibly accommodating. Would certinly stay here again

Date of stay: November 2012
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Hello,

We went in Marrakech for visiting and eating local. I can't tell you anything about food or even breakfast because we took our meal outside from hotel.
We were in a "standard" room. The room is very big comparing to standard room in europe and US. You can compare it two a "large and high skill room" but not to a "suite". So it was the first good surprise. The personal is very kind and their behaviour is fitted to our "occidental" code of beaviour. They don't push you to buy, drink and eat... For example my girlfriend went for a "manucure" (I don't know the word in english but it's a nail repairing and nail varnishing). 2 days after, the red varnish was crackled and she went back. She was asked 70 DH = 7 $ and she says " It's a lillte bit expensive for just having varnishing and I was here for treatment just 2 days ago". The hostess agreed and gave it for free. (We went there for 2 spas and massage before... Maybe that's why). This little story illustrate, I think, our experience in the hotel, personal is fair I think.
SPA is really really nice! We had hammam with skin scrub and 2 relaxing massage. Price are correct and service is excellent. It's the best SPA I have ever been (I'm not very experimented in SPA but..)
Hotel is located at 10 min. by walk from the center of hitoric city and is far away enough for not having noise from city. It's quite perfect.

Based on our 4 days trip ther I recommand this Hotel but for food quality I let you read other reviews!

Sincerly yours
Le gabe

Date of stay: December 2012
1  Thank le_gabe
Reviewed 5 November 2012

The hotel staff were most polite and accommodating. We were given an upgrade to a luxury room with an extended late check out as our plane wasn't leaving until 5.30. The hotel is quite luxurious with extra large 7 excellent beds, everything you would want in a luxurious hotel was 'on tap'. The restaurant food was excellent with an extensive wine list (not something available in a Muslim country). The Sky Lounge has a wonderful view over the city and is a delightful place for a drink after a day in the heat. Compared to the other hotels in this area, the value was very good.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I stay in a lot of business hotels so when on holiday I tend to compare, and this hotel did quite well against some of the larger marques.
The position of the hotel is just outside one of the main gates and the famous Jemaa el Fna square is a 15 minute brisk walk away. It is only a 15 minute drive to the airport.
The pool is nice but when we wre there in October / November it was decidedly chilly, the pool area was in the shade for most of the day - this may change is summer.
The breakfast was good with plenty of choices and refreshed regularly.
Staff - always the sign of a good hotel - were excellent. Couldnt fault the service in any way at all.

Room tip: Some of the suites have their own Hammams and the difference in price is worth it. Insist on a Superior room anyway.
Date of stay: October 2012