Décor: The Riad Moussika is a true gem surrounded by rugged streets and alleys of Marrakesh. Once we entered the Riad Moussika, we escaped from the bustling street food vendors, snake charmers, and wild motorcycle drivers. It was serene, graceful and calming. The courtyard was a delicate balance of beautifully color-tiled floors with just the right amount of greenery. The other smaller courtyard was accented by a green-tiled plunge pool. Subtly opulent and tastefully pieced together property.
Service: We were genuinely charmed by the service and warm smiles of the staff. We initially booked a “double comfort room”. While the room matched the décor of courtyard, there were a few minor flaws that bugged us (weak internet reception, a loose plug, limited TV channels and loose shower). We told the staff about it and they treated our request as top priority. The hotel manager, Hassan, proactively made sure that everything was in order and fixed broken things immediately and totally understood our frustration. He then proactively upgraded us to the Blue Suite, which was SPECTACULAR. We felt like we were living in Aladdin’s palace, to say the least. It also appeared that the whole hotel staff was aware of the minor flaws of our original room and upped their service level: constantly checking if we are fine, extra nod and smile in the morning, mint tea and patisserie when we are back from the city, offer for a free bottle of wine at dinner. One of the ladies, Safa, was always helpful and made sure we are well taken care of. There was also a gentleman who was one of the staff during the day and was captain of the restaurant at night. The staff had more than redeemed themselves with the great smile and services!
Food: Enough of the Tangine and kebabs. The breakfast was great. We just cannot quite figure out why the croissants tasted so fluffy and the Moroccan “nan” tasted so crunchy. The restaurant also had great food and great service. We were too lazy to dine out every night so we ended up having dinner their twice and we did not find it repetitive. Salmon carpaccio, leak soup, sea bass, spaghetti Bolognese infused with rosemary, zucchini ravioli were all great. Nothing fancy, just commonly served food that was tasty and flavorful.
Overall: Yes, Yes, Yes! Definitely a returning customer and would recommend to our friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech