“Leopard's Dont Change Their Spots”
Review of Riyad Al Moussika

Riyad Al Moussika
Ranked #259 of 499 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 1 July 2009

It was interesting to read a couple of the negative reviews about this Riyad but more importantly Giovanni, the owner. We stayed here some years back and have actually sent people here as the Riyad is beautiful and the young people who work there do so with all their heart and soul. But Giovanni is a piece of work and work you he does. All payments were cash and in advance. He talked about a special chef's dinner and no price was mentioned. But when he wanted to settle with the bill with us we paid an outrageous amount for the food and the wine. And the meal as good as it tasted was many varieties of fish. Not a balanced meal by any means. The terrace was also closed and frankly not furnished very comfortably anyway. Our room was great and beautiful. So if you are not really concerend about dealing with Giovanni, a pompus and not very gracios Italian lost in the maize of Morocco, you will have a great time. And the Hamman was very hot in many ways.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
KhalidEssafa, Manager at Riyad Al Moussika, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2009

I’m Khalid Essafa, the Manager of Riyad Al Moussika since the end of the 2007 when Giovanni the previous Manager left Riyad Al Moussika and Morocco. First of all I want to thank you as guest for the fact that despite the negative impression he had about Giovanni, who was the manager of Riyad Al Moussika until the end of the year 2007, you sent to our hotel some others guests and as well, I want to thank you for the appreciation you have made about Riyad Al Moussika giving the highest evaluation about our Service, Cleanliness, Location, Rooms: 5 over 5!!

I proceed by underling the fact that it doesn’t seem to me very fair and productive that you have sent a message about a sojourn in an hotel with 3 years retard ….this does not rend a very good service for the others potential guests and for the management of the hotel that will be judged for a behaviour that a management and staff has carried out so long time before: If, as traveller, I want to go to an Hotel, I would like to have reviews on it quite updated!!

Let’s talk about the present of Riyad Al Moussika and its present team!!

I want to conclude by asking you for the reasons I have just exposed to considerer the opportunity from your side to ask Trip Advisor to remove your review, if not for me, for the young people who work at Riyad Al Moussika do so with all their heart and soul…as you said.
A negative review mainly directed to a person who is not here any longer do not reach the goal, but damages only the evaluation of the team you have on the contrary, appreciated.

Since the beginning of 2008 has been the time of Khalid and his team, so, please, give us the opportunity to receive a review about us! Thank you for your comprehension and see you soon, I hope, at Riyad Al Moussika!! This time the dinner will satisfy your palate absolutely! This is my promise and engagement: I want to have your full satisfaction that is mine and the team of Riyad Al Moussika major goal as it is for all our guests.
Khalid Essafa

Reviewed 25 June 2009

There are so many comprehensive reviews of this beautiful riad that we won’t go over the finer details and practicalities here. I want just to say that we had a truly wonderful 4 days holidays earlier this week: We have just left to move to the Palm Grove in another hotel to experience this side of Marrakesh as well, but we are already regretting not to have booked at Riad Al Moussika all the period odf our holidays .
The staff were the most accommodating and friendly people we have ever met, delicious breakfast and lunch were served and, not to be forgotten, the hammam experience has been really unique.

Would definitely recommend staying there and we look forward to going back!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2009

Really great place to stay, with easy walk to the square and the siouk. Lovely food with a good balance between Moroccan (great lamb and apricot tagine), Italian and French. Brilliant breakfasts. Fabulous service in beautiful Marrakech surroundings. Our room had a private roof terrace which was wonderful. Our only concern was that in the height of the summer the splash pool might not be quite suffcient for colling off. But highly recommend

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2009

If you want to experience the perfect contrast between the lively, noisy, crowded Medina nearby and a peaceful, relaxing superb surrounding you have to choose the Riyad al Moussika. It has an exclusive privateness and an elegant, familiar atmosphere. Every architectural and interior detail is well elaborated.
The meals are perfect, the service is excellent, kind and discreet, even if you have special wishes (which we did have – even a lot of them!). Helpfulness goes far beyond what you would expect. We stayed 5 days and were really thrilled.
Heidi and Arthur from Switzerland.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2009

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel in the most central position of Marrakech very close to the main square Jemâa El Fna , but very quiet. Rooms are elegant, in authentic Moroccan style and comfortable with every requirement. Hotel staff friendly and helpful and the food, ( breakfast and lunch are included on the fares), really of superb quality!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2009

We stayed at Riyad Al Moussika in one of the larger suites earlier this month and have to say to this date is probably the nicest hotel we have ever been. The bed was huge and the bathroom was equally stunning.

Everything about the hotel was of the highest quality and the building is an hidden pearl!. The staff were great and provided a superior service and the restaurant food was to die for. We make two excursions, one to Essaouira and the other to the Atlas mountains with a taxi that the riyad organised for us : Both trips have been very interesting thanks as well to the chauffeur who has been very helpfull. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and hope to return for a longer holidays in the very near future.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2009

I've been in this Riyad for three days, at the end of Apriò 2009, with my girlfriend. Being an ex Pasha residence and being charged 270 € per nigh obviously my expectations were very high and unfortunately weren't met, that's why I have to rate this Riyad 2!
I'm a very experienced traveller in more than 40 countries in the world, and I ask Mr Giovanni , the invisible owner of this Ryad, to get iun touch with me and reimburse me for thebad experience I had.
Please see the details below

Let me go through my experience briefly:
A) Arrival at the airport
The Airport transfer is included in the 270€ daily tariff (and so the launch). Our flight was a bit late but when we arrive we couldn't see anybody waiting for us. After a a phone call finally we met the man. He didn't greet us nor help with the luggage, he started walking furiously toward the parking area and we had to run to follow him. What a welcome! Unforgettable!
B) Arrival at the Riyad and launch
Launch is excellent, and this is the only experience which is excellent at this ryad. When we finished the launch we wanted to go to the terrace: the terrace was closed , they opened and arranged the chairs for us, but all in all this gave me the impression of approximation, and I disliked it. The terrace should be always open and live!!!!

C) Rooms
Rooms are very nice and clean, nothing to say about it. They are not that big but all in all are ok.
The Ryad building is wonderful , absolutely stunning, but this is not a merit of the staff!
D)Hammam
The first night we asked for hammam it was not warmed up enough at the time booked, the second time....it was totally not warmed, they tell us that the gas ...was over, and asked us to be patient ??!! I remarked that being charged 270€per night there was no room for patience and approximation.

E) A DAILY TRIP OUTSIDE MARRAKECH
Finally we asked to organize a daily trip toward Atlas Mountains. They called an external agency and whiuch charged us 1000DH (100€). Let me tell you about this trip: a) very old dirty mercedes b) the driver was always answering to his phone call c) no program at all d) the first stop was in a shop (????!!) e) the second stop in a small village where the dirver suggested us to book a guide if we wanted to see something (?????!!!) e) the 4th stop was in a shop, I told to the driver to get back immediately f) Finally he drove us to a suk, and that was the only nice experienmce of this trip

F) Trip to Essaouira
We were complaining a lot with the riad staff and we asked them to book a car to essaoura (in the south) and to change the car and the driver. What happened the day after was that the car was exactly the same!

All in all I think that this Ryad is overrated, they don't know the basics of an High Level hospitality and the only thing that deserves a memory is the food at launch and the building
Mr Giovanni (the invisible owner of this Ryad) please get in touch with me and reimburse me at least half of the rate!
Giuseppe Arciero giuseppe_arciero@yahoo.it