Riyad Al Moussika
Riad Vendome & Spa Marrakech(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$80
  • Pool
US$174
US$157
  • Breakfast included
Riad El Sagaya(Marrakech)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$37
US$217
US$204
US$733
HotelsClick
All reviewspepe nerothe main squareprivate hammammint tea and pastriesjemaa elatlas mountainsbreakfast was deliciousbeautiful riadpepeneropalacesuitecourtyardmoroccocontrastdriversouk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 July 2009

Just came back from Morocco where we spent our Summer holidays. Overall a nice holiday despite the heat of some days, the only regret is not to have booked a longer sojourn at Riad Al Moussika, the best place of the 3 we stayed in…No comparison with the others hotels and restaurants.
The riad itself is a jewel with incredible Moroccan mosaics and stuccos, marble fountains, painted huge wooden doors as in the museums we visited. Like all say, it is in a great location and the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and spoke very good English. The room was very clean and spacious , beautifully decorated in Moroccan style and the king size bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was very good and lunches to die for.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did !

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Two weeks ago friends and I stayed at Riyad Al Moussika hotel in Marrakesh. I had read all the good reviews in Trip Advisor about the hotel, so I was expecting it to be a good one. Riyad Al Moussika was much better than I expected!
EXCELLENT in all aspects is the definition of this hotel. I am talking about location, rooms, cleanliness, service, food and friendliness of the people, who work there. My friends had very nice deluxe room and we had a suite, which was with a lovely view on the garden with a private terrace and no noise, lovely bathroom with huge marble shower!

Khalid, the owner and the Chef, and all the boys working there were wonderful and knowledgeable and I would give one extra star to Chahid, as he was the person, with whom I dealt, before and during our stay. Their recommendations for the nights' restaurants were excellent and with a good relation quality/price and all in all they did their best, to give us personal service and attention. There is a computer with free Internet connection for the guests in the office, but if you have your laptop you can be connected free to Internet via Wi-Fi and their breakfast and lunch, included on the fares, are really excellent. At the moment we were leaving the hotel, the owner accompanied us with one of the boy to our taxi and in person sees us off and say goodbye!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2009

We recently returned from staying at Riyad Al Moussika, and it is a fantastic hotel! The service at this hotel is fabulous: The owner, Khalid, and the team of Moroccan boys there, are unique for the level of professionalism. They answered any questions we had in a good English and helped us with all our requests always with a smile. Our room was facing the garden with the swimming pool and it was very quiet and decorated very nicely with authentic Moroccan antiques and extremely relaxing. We slept soundly every night due to the comfortable beds. The Riyad is an old historical Palace of Marrakesh with the pleasant patina of the time, but extremely well restored, with incredible mosaics and plaster works! White marble fountains full of flowers floating on the water. A scenario of One Thousand and one Nights that at night with the candlelight, becomes magic!
We decided to stay at this hotel based on the location and the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and what a great choice we made! The location couldn't be better - it is close to the main square Jema El Fna and is a short walk and from there to all museums and the souks and it is accessible by taxi as well, that it is very practical when coming back from the souks with the unavoidable shopping bags.
Breakfast and lunch are included and the food served was the best we had in all Morocco! Really first class! All beverages not alcoholic are free of charge and the quality of the cappuccino and espressos was the one you can have only in Rome. I had the hammam experience and it has been something unique, an experience I strongly recommend.
There is a computer in the office area with free internet connection for the hotel guests. If you have your laptop, you will have free Wi-Fi access in your room as well.
We would absolutely stay here again in the future. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Marrakesh.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2009

We stayed here for 4 nights in June on a weekend break, taking advantage of the promotion of 1 night free . The staff were very helpful and polite. We had booked a deluxe room but on arrival we were upgraded to a suite with no extra expense. It was fabulous - we had a great view out our windows on the magnificent Moorish courtyard. The room was very spacious, beautifully decorated, spotless with an huge marble bath. The position of the hotel is brilliant, within a 5 min walk to the souks, the Place, all the major museums through the characteristic little streets of the old Medina. Very good food too, very nicely served in the in the court . I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2009

It was interesting to read a couple of the negative reviews about this Riyad but more importantly Giovanni, the owner. We stayed here some years back and have actually sent people here as the Riyad is beautiful and the young people who work there do so with all their heart and soul. But Giovanni is a piece of work and work you he does. All payments were cash and in advance. He talked about a special chef's dinner and no price was mentioned. But when he wanted to settle with the bill with us we paid an outrageous amount for the food and the wine. And the meal as good as it tasted was many varieties of fish. Not a balanced meal by any means. The terrace was also closed and frankly not furnished very comfortably anyway. Our room was great and beautiful. So if you are not really concerend about dealing with Giovanni, a pompus and not very gracios Italian lost in the maize of Morocco, you will have a great time. And the Hamman was very hot in many ways.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
KhalidEssafa, Manager at Riyad Al Moussika, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2009

I’m Khalid Essafa, the Manager of Riyad Al Moussika since the end of the 2007 when Giovanni the previous Manager left Riyad Al Moussika and Morocco. First of all I want to thank you as guest for the fact that despite the negative impression he had about Giovanni, who was the manager of Riyad Al Moussika until the end of the year 2007, you sent to our hotel some others guests and as well, I want to thank you for the appreciation you have made about Riyad Al Moussika giving the highest evaluation about our Service, Cleanliness, Location, Rooms: 5 over 5!!

I proceed by underling the fact that it doesn’t seem to me very fair and productive that you have sent a message about a sojourn in an hotel with 3 years retard ….this does not rend a very good service for the others potential guests and for the management of the hotel that will be judged for a behaviour that a management and staff has carried out so long time before: If, as traveller, I want to go to an Hotel, I would like to have reviews on it quite updated!!

Let’s talk about the present of Riyad Al Moussika and its present team!!

I want to conclude by asking you for the reasons I have just exposed to considerer the opportunity from your side to ask Trip Advisor to remove your review, if not for me, for the young people who work at Riyad Al Moussika do so with all their heart and soul…as you said.
A negative review mainly directed to a person who is not here any longer do not reach the goal, but damages only the evaluation of the team you have on the contrary, appreciated.

Since the beginning of 2008 has been the time of Khalid and his team, so, please, give us the opportunity to receive a review about us! Thank you for your comprehension and see you soon, I hope, at Riyad Al Moussika!! This time the dinner will satisfy your palate absolutely! This is my promise and engagement: I want to have your full satisfaction that is mine and the team of Riyad Al Moussika major goal as it is for all our guests.
Khalid Essafa