You can see a short film I posted on you tube which shows the Riyad and a look at Marrakech at www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUJWpAsmbLc
I read the reviews about the Riyad Al Mousikka on tripadvisor and agree with many of the reviewers when they say that this is the place to stay whilst in Marrakech. I needed a relaxing break and all the stress of cancelled and delayed flights were soon forgotten. What is even more special is the history and exquisite quality and design of the Riyad together with friendly atmosphere especialy for those with families. You really do feel like you are staying at a former Mansion of the Pasha of Marrakech. Upon arriving at the Riyad we were greeted by Hassan the manager and other staff with a splendid array of Moroccan snacks and mint tea. We were made to feel at home right from the very start and my children simple loved every second of their experience at the Riyad. Hassan is an intelligent and lovely gentleman who went out of his way to ensure we were comfortable on our trip including personally accompanying us in showing us the famous Jemma Al Fna sqaure and Al Badi and El Bahi palace which were ideally located nearby. The stay at Riyad included breakfast and lunch fit for a King or Queen. The quality of the food was simple amazing (Gordon Ramsey & Jamie Oliver eat your heart out) in short and the freshly squeezed orange juice is out of this world. You can still eat evening dinner at the Riyad at an additional cost or they will happily assist in organising a booking elswhere. We particularly appreciated the tour of the Ourika Valley and other sight seeing tours organised by the Riyad. We had the same driver Khalid for most of our journeys and he really looked after us and I recommend you ask for him to add value to your stay. Simple things like arranging the horse carriage to take us from the Riyad to save us haggling in the square to helping us pack our Tagine to take back gave us the 'home from home' feeling. Overall the Riyad caters flexibly to your needs whilst offering the best experience of Marrakech. For value for money, 100%, you will live and feel like the Pasha. I have stayed in many places all over the world and some are things are just priceless, the Riyad Al Mousikka is one of the. I left a few shirts at the Riyad by mistake but Hassan sent them without delay back to me. I will definitely return one day and congratulate everyone from the chefs, staff, receptionists and management for making this an experience of a lifetime for guests from around the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Prestigia so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech