I went to Al Moussika at the end of June hoping to find the best standards of accommodation and service: I was delighted to find that the Riad surpassed even my highest expectations! This private palace has been renovated to the most accurate levels of historical authenticity - the painted ceilings are breathtaking, and the attention to detail cannot be faulted. From the moment you are welcomed at the door by the manager Hassan you step out of Marrakech and into an oasis of calm and beauty which is hard to put into words - you just have to experience it! I write this as someone who has travelled extensively and is not easily impressed.
But that is only half the story: there are few hotels to match the level of service you receive from all the staff. The Manager, Hassan, ensured that my daughter and I were able to experience the best of Marrakech in the short time we were there, guiding us to the museum and arranging a spectacular day trip to the Atlas Mountains [I recommend the mule ride up the mountain! Breathtaking!] Wisely, Hassan also arranged a massage and treatment at the hotel hammam on our return, which, take my word for it, was most appreciated after 1.5 hours on the mules!
We stayed in the Green Room, with its own private terrace and a delightful loggia overlooking the Alhambra-style pool. But a little peek at the other rooms [when the visitors had left, of course] made it hard to decide which one to book on our next trip.
We truly appreciated the exquisite level of cuisine by the Cordon Bleu trained chef, who never failed to delight us with his creations and imaginative use of spices from around the world.
Despite its obvious charm, Al Moussika could not possibly sustain its magic without the exemplary level of welcome and attention by the Manager, Hassan, and the Night Manager Allal, both of whom were outstanding in their level of care and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Al Moussika - For comfort, style and refinement. THE Riad experience in Marrakech! Situated in the ancient medina of Marrakech, five minutes walk from place Jemaa El Fna, the Riyad was once one of the residences of the former Pasha of Marrakech, Thami El Glaoui, and has been refurbished to a very high standard in the Andalucian style. One of the gates of Riyad Al Moussika opens on to a garden with old cypress trees soaring to the sky, a huge bougainvillea climbing across the pergolas, a swimming pool, in the centre or, more precisely, an Andalucian basin thirteen meters long, tiled with a mosaic carpet design. Here water falls from a white Carrara marble fountain to the songs of numerous small birds creating an idyllic scenario, in spite of being in the heart of central medina. A fireplace gives the winter evenings a cosy atmosphere, as do the impressive modern paintings, carpets, sofas and armchairs. There is a hi-fi system and an art deco Pleyel grand piano perfectly tuned for the pleasure of the guests. The Turkish bath or hammam in white marble with a relax room where, on request, a professional masseur can take care of the guests. There is a unique view of the medina and the Atlas Mountains from the two terraces that are sheltered partially with wooden pergolas and surrounded by large terracotta flower vases. Tables, comfortable armchairs with cushions and teak chaises-long allow guests to request breakfast and candle lit dinner, as well as to sunbathe during the day. On one of the terraces there is a pavilion with Moroccan sofas, cushions and lamps should some of the guests prefer a more intimate space. The resident Chef, Grand Diploma Cordon Bleu, has devoted his life to gastronomy and invites lovers of fine dining to experience his repertoire of Moroccan, Italian and French cuisine at the haute Cuisine riyad's Restaurant PEPE NERO. There are 4 double bedrooms, all with en-suite bathroom. All rooms have air-conditioning / heating system, telephone with external line, television with the major satellite channels (BBC, CNN etc.), Internet wireless connection is available and DVD in the music room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia and Odigeo so you can book your Riyad Al Moussika reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riyad Al Moussika Marrakech
- Riyad Al Moussika Hotel Marrakech