“The Perfect Hotel”

Ranked #228 of 496 Hotels in Marrakech
Woking, United Kingdom
“The Perfect Hotel”
Reviewed 26 November 2010

When we decided to go to Morrocco we were advised by others who have been to choose good hotels as you need somewhere to get away from it all especially in Marrakech and they were right Marrakech is an amazing, crazy place so having a little haven to go back to was a god send! I chose this hotel as it looked so authentic and I love traditional Morrocan style and of course the rave reviews on here.

The hotel is beautiful, your own little Palace and if I am honest we didnt really want to leave it at all! Our room was a comfort double and we got the Orange (terracotta) room overlooking the pool. The room itself was stunning from the hand painted ceilings and doors to the stained glass windows, a lovely bathroom with soft fluffy towels and robes, The bed was comfortable with pristine linen in fact the entire hotel is spotless. The rest of the hotel is a feast for the eyes every detail has been thought out, you have the pool/garden area where many birds hang out (if I was a sparrow I would live there too) then adjacent the open courtyard where breakfast/lucnh are served. They have a comfortable sitting room with huge sofas and TV/DVD equipment for guests. The libary is well stocked with many books that are actually interesting and many about Morrocco so relevant also. The roof terrace is a real sunspot with a selection of sunbeds, chairs and sofas to relax on...I could go on and on...to sum it up we went to see the famous palace in Marrakech and spent the entire time thinking...we know our hotel was made by the same person and yes its smaller but its so much better than here!

To make our stay in this gorgeous hotel even better were the hotel team. Every single one of them made us feel like we were in our own home, part of the family. We both agreed we have never been looked after so well anywhere else we have ever stayed. Nothing is too much trouble for them and that is how it should be...so many times I have selected a hotel and expected the service to be of a high standard and more often than not the hotel is stunning but the service is poor...this is the first place I have stayed where the staff also had the wow factor. The resident chef is incredible..we had the best food in house than any restaurant we went to...the breakfast is incredible, the freshest orange juice, fruit salad, yoghurt, pastries, Morrocan pancakes, toast and eggs as you like them. Lunch varied every day and every day was delicious

As I said before I could go on...to sum Riyad Al Moussika up....It is a truley special place if I had the choice I would never have left. We were made to feel so welcome and looked after so well that we never had to ask for anything everything was thought of...I loved the place and was sad to leave. There is only one place to stay in Marrakech....Perfect.

Thank you so much to the hotel staff for making our stay unforgettable.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Melissa024

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
dumfries
Reviewed 14 November 2010

This is a peaceful oasis of tranquilty in a teeming , busy city . The decor and ambience of the riad are superb , as is the food , which is oustandingly good . Hasan and his brother Allal , who manage the riad are lovely guys who could hardly have been more helpful , as were the rest of the staff .

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Bronxville, New York
Reviewed 31 October 2010

It was so wonderful staying at the Riyad Al Moussika. In all the years that my husband and I have traveled around the world we have never quiet had such a happy and memorable experience as we did in this hotel. The two in charge Hassan and his brother Allal could not have been more generous and helpful of their time and efforts to make our experience in Marrakech so delightful and memorable. The two brothers and the rest of the staff made sure the time we stayed at the Riyad was pleasurable and all our needs met. The food was outstanding and I don't say that lightly , because it was so good we stayed in the Riyad for most meals... It was like staying in your own home away from home and everyone knows this would be a very hard act to follow. I have been telling everyone I know who may travel to Marrakech, there is only one place to stay and that is the "Riyad Al Moussika" and thats the only place to stay... Thank you so very much again!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Gibraltar
Reviewed 31 October 2010

A most beautiful Riyad right in the heart of Marrakesh, with the most amazing hospitality and attention to detail. Nothing was too much trouble for the manager, Hassan and his staff. Nestled amongst the back alleys but only 5 mins from Jamaa El Fna and the madness and buzz of the Souks and Medina, this is an excellent location to totally relax after a hard day taking it all in.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Farnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2010

We stayed for 3 nights in this oasis of tranquility and quality . The food is outstanding and served for breakfast and dinner time which is enough to satisfy most apetites. We still managed to visit two quality restaurants and in my opinion the Moussika's food is better (this is overseen by head chef/owner Khalid). The 'hamman' is a must and very relaxing. My only concern was the suite which we first were allocated was above the kitchen which we found to have some noise transfer, however we moved to the 'blue' room sited above the 'salon' area which was exquisitely quiet. There is also a suite with a roof terrace. 'Hassan' is a real star and not only is he a mine of information but nothing is too much trouble to organise which is five star service. (tip : organise a guide around the 'souks'). There is also airport transfer included and the riyad is ideally suited for the city both old and new parts. Certainly would go back to this majical place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I could never have anticipated that the moment I stepped into the soft wings of Riad Al Moussika would be the beginning of my individual tale of reverie- an overwhelming and effervescent sense of immense contentment . It is as though this incredible palace has thoughtfully conjured each perfectly painted gesture so that it flutters it's unique enchantment under the spell of precious fragments, that in turn cascade through the riad for one to discover and capture it's memory in chimeric bubbles that permeate the layers of an idiosyncratic dream. From the luminosity of colours that coat your limbs as they flood through the ornate stained glass window as you linger upon the staircase on the way to the tranquil roof garden; the gentle hum of miniature birds, that seem to have collated a knowledge of the riad's intangible magic as they showcase their unconscious, peaceful performance over sparkling mosaics and courtyard fountains as you enjoy a breakfast of Moroccan pancakes and freshly squeezed organic orange juice from nearby blossoming trees; the shimmering dance created by the vibrant and mesmeric array of roses as they twirl in fresh water beside the cooling turquoise swimming pool; then eventually the evening indulgence of sinking into furniture on your very own balcony as you gaze upon the growing herbs that perfume the surrounding air, you consider the spirituality of every idyllic moment. However it is not these aspects alone that propel the Riad Al Moussika into such utopia. I feel that I experienced incredible beauty through the gracious people that work within the riad. When both Hassan and Allal greet you with such charm , when you are bestowed with sumptuous Michelin level feasts of almond tarts, chocolate fondants, goats cheese stacks, saffron risotto and courgette ravioli (special thought was given to my vegetarianism) with delighted smiles despite it being Ramadan, when you stay up whiling away the night after a day of Marrakeshi adventure in the riad's serene library and end up engaging in fabulously interesting, philosophical, diverse, and humorous conversation with any member of staff you realise you have been treated with the implicit kindness and sincerity of a true friend. When Abdel, our gentle and altruistic taxi driver who continuously cared for us throughout the trip, hugged me as though I were a family member as we departed at the airport, I felt assured I will return again next year to visit my new friends and encapsulate this paradise again, ensuring no ethereal figment is lost in cognition. Thank you so much Riad Al Moussika for igniting my adoration for Marrakech.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Chester
Reviewed 6 September 2010

My daughter and I have just returned from one of the best holidays we have ever enjoyed. Marrakech is a wonderful city,however what made the holiday so perfect was the beautiful Riyad Al Moussika. It combines all that one could want from a hotel with beautiful Morroccan art and architecture, lovely cool air conditioned rooms (which were comfortably cool even in the height of their summer) a wonderful refreshing pool in a delightful settting, fantastic michelin star level food, (and huge quantities) and most importantly of all, the people who run and work in the riyad. They are all without fault kind, generous with their time, efficient and charming. Although it was Ramadan and the temperature was 38 degrees everyone did everything they could to ensure we were looked after and happy. Whatever we wanted to eat or drink appeared whenever we even thought about it. The managers Hassan and Allal were always polite and helpful with suggestions of things to do and how best to see things. We thought the price very reasonable as it included being met at (and returned to) the airport by the kind and amiable Abdel, a large breakfast and 4 course lunch, pastries/snacks at anytime of the day or night and as many soft drinks as one wanted and of course the deliciously reinvigorating hammam. Hassan always gave us each a drink to take out with us. Because the Riyad does not provide food to anyone but guests staying there and there are only 6 rooms it is a peaceful oasis from which one reluctantly departs at the end of a rejuvenating and ambrosial break from the hurly burly of normal life. Now all I need to do is work out how soon I can go back.!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends