There is nothing really wrong with this hotel. It's just a suburbia, low budget, self wishing to be something better, but having nothing to justify that. Somehow far from the center, pretty inside (ugly from the outside) not much clean. Cubicle restaurant and a tank not much greater than a jacuzzi. Call that a pool is just part of the trick they're running there. It's amazing how they manage to have a guy playing organ and a staff dressed to squeeze you some more dirhams, all in a few square feet...
The really bad part of the story is the staff at the the reception. And since you rely on these persons to get a price and other informations, if those people are totally incompetent, you're gonna get problems.
In our trip to Morocco we get this hotel name from Lonely Planet guide (a copy of this review is being sent to them also). We drove 2000 Km around the country booking in advance. Not a single problem and we always got what we asked for. Until this hotel.
To cut a long story short and give an idea what you should expect if you choose to stay here.
- We have been offered a price and later that day in the reception, when checking in, the price was much higher and didn't included breakfast. We had already checked in. 2 families in the hall. With 3 kids. All bags transported from the cars.... We're just there being obligated to fill up the check in forms (instead of being offered to leave the passports and the forms signed to be fulfilled by the lazy, nothing to do, concierege...
- But that's not all. The situation was already ridiculous, we drove 300 Km, everybody was exhausted. We just want to drop the bags and go eat something. But they asked us to pay! Not to give the credit cards and "reserve" the amount. To pay. I told right on spot this is a new thing I never saw. Pay in advance!?!?!? "Rules Messieur" Imagine.
We should have go away then. But since I was with my family and another family (7 persons) we payed to finish that ridiculous situation.
Later that day, after eating in the neighborhood, we returned to the hotel for a bath and to relax before leaving for dinner. The kids were all excited for a dive in the pool. Upon entering the hotel I went to the receptionist and asked if we could use the pool. "Of course Messieur" We went up put the swimming suits and came down. Entered the restaurant... yes you must cross the restaurant to go to the tank... and a guy dressed with a traditional suit in panic run to us " Sir, sir, the pool is closed - It's dinner time"
After a quick talk I returned to the reception with the kids almost crying to thank another incompetence.
Next day I could talk to the person that made the price on the telephone on the previous day, A lot of explanations, a lot of rules, and a totally inept person. Even telling them my total dissatisfaction with our stay in the hotel, they could do anything to solve the problems. Sorry, sorry, sorry. Rules Messieur.
In our 10 days in Morocco, I'm glad this nasty experience doesn't reflect the Moroccan spirit and hospitality. This is just pure incompetence. In an amazing city like Marrakesh with hundreds of hotels in all the budget ranges, my point is, why stay in this place and reward incompetent people that don't show a bit of respect for their guests? Look elsewhere or be very very cautious if you choose to stay here. You've been warned! I wish somebody have warned me before choosing.
Worst Moroccan experience. To forget. I regret I gave my money to those guys. Look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Hotel le caspien, une oeuvre artistique, une architecture irreprochable, une vue imprenable. Construit et decore dans la pure tradition architecturale marocaine, le Caspien met a votre disposition 54 Lits repartis entre 36 chambres et 02 suites. Ces 36 chambres doubles et en twins confortables et spacieuses, avec baignoires ou douches, entierement climatises, telephone, TV chaines nationales et internationales, coffre fort payant a 25 dhs par jour, 2 ascenseurs et des detecteurs d'incendie et de fume dans chaque etage. Chaque suite est composee d'une chambre avec grand lit et un salon decore a la marocaine, telephone, climatisation selon la saison, grande TV plasma avec des chaines nationales et internationales, une grande terrasse spacieuses. L'hotel dispose d'une cuisine marocaine qui laisse courir fantaisie et imagination. Ses restaurants vous proposeront une cuisine marocaine et internationale dans un cadre moderne et raffine decoree d'oeuvre d'art de plus bel effet. Cadre de soiree inoubliable. 02 Restaurants bar situes au rez de chaussee dont une vue piscine integree, vous pouvez vous relaxer au bord de la piscine au milieu d'un cadre de verdure tres agreable. La direction de l'hotel et son personnel vous souhaite la bienvenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Superbreak UK so you can book your Hotel le Caspien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Caspien Hotel
- Le Caspien Marrakech