Stayed in the Riad for 6 nights with my family including my two year old twin daughters in January 2013. Booked the Riad mainly based on TA reviews after seeing it has been highly recommended for families – Fortunately we were not disappointed. As many of the previous reviewers have stated Laurent and Mauriel truly are delightful hosts and go the extra mile to help the guests. One example is that they let us use the baby stroller for free and even let us take it to Essaouira with us on our trip.
All the rooms in the riad are beautiful and very well kept, but I would suggest that if you can, pay a bit extra and take one of the suites on the first floor – they are bit more spacious and really worth it. The location is also perfect to explore the old and new areas of Marrakesh and Laurent and Mauriel are always there to help you out with organizing your trips/taxi, etc.. They also have very good staff members and the whole place does have a home feeling to it. Like many others have suggested the food prepared by Khadija was some of the best you will taste anywhere in Marrakesh and I highly recommend it to anyone.
I really can’t find any faults with the place but just couple of minor points. On the first day the hot water was not working in one of the rooms which was subsequently fixed after we reported it to Mauriel. And they can also improve the quality of their pillows. Some of them were very hard, which were quickly replaced after we asked for softer ones.
These are couple of very minor issues we encountered and overall this is a great option in Marrakech whether you are traveling with your family or as a couple!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges, as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech