I have to admit, this place really helped make our trip to Marrakech, Morroco one of the most positively memorable ones that I have ever had up to date. The Riad Dar Dialkoum is a beautifully decorated traditional Morrocan home converted into a B&B, - traditional courtyard with orange trees growing around bearing generous fruit and shade, a small but inviting swimming pool, beautiffuly appointed rooms, each with its own character and excellent taste in moroccan artisanal decor and excellent value for money.
A lot can be said for its service as well. The service is excellent too as the owner himself is very friendly and went to chat with us for a good bit as the Riad's home staff served us delectable and home made Morrocan Mint Tea and pastries. It is more amazing than I thought it would be. The simple feeling of enjoying mint tea in the salon before you go out to explore the wonderful and beautiful city so full of character, and again at night in the terrace as you wind down after dinner and just soaking in all the sights and sounds of this wonderful city so full of character and culture. Freshly made French - Moroccan breakfast is served too in the courtyards early in the morning to help guests start out the day in good spirits.
Notable as well is the traditional Moroccan dinner served in the form of tagines and couscous and other authentic Moroccan dishes to help guests get a better feel of moroccan culture and lifestyle. Delicious!
Location-wise, I can say that I really appreciated the fact that it was located within the old medina, (old city) amidst local houses and souks that offer you already plenty of places to explore and sights to soak in. The Riyad's entrance is no fancy lobby as common in hotels but rather just another inconspicuous door along an alley full of door, but it certainly transports you once you enter the portal that leads inside. A safe haven for comfort and relaxation after a full day's adventure throughout Marrakech.
Finally communicating and booking with this hotel and for transportation was very convenient and prompt which warrants another star for this lovely Riad and its wonderful staff! =D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges, as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech