It is a lovely Riad superbly run in a relaxed friendly way by Muriel and Laurent. Breakfast, for instance, could be anytime in the morning - or probably afternoon if requested, and there were always places to sit and relax with a tea or a glass of wine at any time. The riad revolved around us, the guests, we never felt we were fitting into the rules of a hotel. It was always a pleasure to get back in the evening or a mid afternoon nap because we felt so much at home almost instantly. It is a couple of narrow alleys away from one of the main routes into the Souks. Easy walking to everywhere. We were there for five days and didn't leave the Medina, spending our time sightseeing and shopping. Hectic and mayhem outside, calm when we got back.
Being a Riad the rooms face into the courtyard so it is not entirely private if you leave the shutters open which most people did. I liked this - it seemed more authentic never to be totally separate from the courtyard, and to get fleeting glimpses of the exotic interiors of the other rooms, and always to hear the fountain, a murmur of voices and the birds in the courtyard. We wanted to stay in a Riad as this was once the way of living in Marrakech, and it made the holiday complete. We ate in the courtyard a couple of times when we were too exhausted to go out in the evening, you need to tell the cook before mid-day, it is cooked only to order, and the better for it. Throughout there was a friendly atmosphere with the other guests the staff and the owners. And when we came to leave we were given a different room after checking out so we could shower and change or nap in the late afternoon before our flight - and then Muriel came out with us to help negotiate the taxi fare. Not at all forced - genuine helpfulness.
It is a beautiful building - high ceilings, thick solid walls, trees in the courtyard, and big comfortable rooms. If you go to Marrakech, staying in a Riad in the Medina will be the best thing you'll do, and this one is excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Dialkoum (your home) is a Boutique Hotel located in the picturesque and authentic district of Bab Doukkala, within 10 to 20 minutes walking from the main attractions of the medina and the new town. This very old traditional house of the late nineteenth century was restored in the purest Moroccan tradition in 2002, then enlarged and refreshed in 2009 by the new owners, Muriel & Laurent. Haven of peace, the Riad Dar Dialkoum includes 4 rooms and 3 suites, all decorated in different and elegant styles, 2 patios with fountains, one with heated pool, 2 terraces with flowers, trees and solariums, a pergola and a Berber tent, 4 lounges, 1 with Satellite TV, and a dining room. Our Chef will spoil you with the cuisine, legacy of secrets of the tradition of several generations. She will offer you a variety of dishes with subtle and refined flavors, elaborated with the best fresh products from the market. The dinner will be served at the glow of the candles on the terrace, in the patio, near the pool or in the lounges, as you prefer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Riad Dar Dialkoum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riad Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Marrakech
- Dar Dialkoum Hotel Marrakech