Lowest prices for your stay
US$162
US$158
Destinia.com
US$130
Hotels.comUS$158
PricelineUS$178
TravelocityUS$158
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just back from a wonderful weekend at Riad Dar Karma in Marrakesh. We took over the Riad to celebrate a special birthday with a small group of friends and we could not have made a better choice. Stephanie and her team are charming, discreet and extremely professional. The food was delicious, the rooms are beautiful and the roof terrace is incredible. Riad Dar Karma is a magical oasis in the hubbub of the Medina. We loved every minute of our stay and cannot wait to return.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I only stayed one night but it was a very enjoyable experience. The Staff were superb and my room/suite was perfect. as I wanted to rest and relax for the evening .
My evening meal was excellent with the local beer a very nice surprise but it would have been nice to order wine by the glass.
Overall it was a quality experience.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The staffs are amazing - very helpful and courteous. Breakfast was yummy and served on the beautiful terrace which has a view of the Atlas Mountain. For a small riad it has a lot of communal space to hang out. The hamman is very inviting and we had a lady who gave us a good scrub - I would definitely recommend having at least a scrub in the hamman.

Stephanie who manages the riad is really helpful and patient - it was our first visit and we had many questions!

I would definitely recommend this accommodation.

Date of stay: April 2014
1  Thank Angeline C
Reviewed 2 April 2014

A very elegant Riad. I chose this property after many hours of research for the many areas to sit and relax- and wasn't disappointed. It has 2 courtyards, one with a lovely pool with loungers and a "tented" sitting area and a second with seating around orange trees. The roof has more seating, loungers and a huge bed-like lounging area. With only 6 rooms you will always have a corner to yourself. The breakfast was very nice including fresh orange juice, pastries, bread & good jam. I had one evening meal which was excellent. The room was beautiful, overlooking the pool, and a bargain as I was given a free upgrade from the standard room I had booked. The standard room I should have had still looked lovely, just smaller. There is a large difference between the prices of the cheapest room and bigger suites and I would say the surroundings correlate to the price of the suites- meaning that the riad is a bargain for the cheaper rooms as all the facilities are communal. There is even a spa (which is free to use without treatments). The only negative is that it is situated in the southern half of the Kasbah so it is a 20 minute walk to the main Djem el Fna square. It is, however, easy to find (once shown) and taxis can come to just around the corner. There are many better situated riads (this is my 6th) but many worse situated ones way out in the northern medina or east of the palace. I had read some reviews about lack of locks on the doors- my room over the pool and the standard double next door both had locks. Overall this is the most beautiful riad I have visited for approximately the same price (I received 15% discount for a stay of 4 nights and over) and it is brighter and has far more space than many others.

Room tip: 2 rooms over pool quieter and best value.
Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle1660
Reviewed 26 March 2014

A gem of a hotel hidden down an alley way off the main track and hubbub of the medina.
There is a real sense of calm when you enter and you can't hear any noise from outside.
There are lots of comfortable seating areas to lounge around and a fantastic roof terrace.
Location is great in terms of being central to the main tourist areas of interest. However I would not be comfortable as a single woman walking alone to the Riad at night . That said there were three of us and we did not get hassled except by the occasional person trying to get us to visit one of the cooperative shops.
Service in the hotel was great and our evening meal on arrival was delicious- better than anywhere else we tried.
I'm only sorry we couldn't have stayed longer.

Date of stay: March 2014