“Good - Could have been better...”
Review of Riad Amira

Riad Amira
Ranked #333 of 1,146 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London
“Good - Could have been better...”
Reviewed 1 May 2008

I have just read the previous review and it seems we had the same misfortune of arranging the Taxi pickup with the Amira before hand and then waiting for hours at the airport hoping it would arrive. When it didnt we hadnt got the address of the Riad and it was a stressful time - not the start we wanted. Tim and Alix were not really around much at all an I get the impression they just plum forgot to book the taxi. The girls at the Amira were more helpful, attentive and firendly and it is a nice clean environment.

• Liked — Setting
  • Disliked — lack of Staff
1 Thank SvensonLondon
sotos, Owner at Riad Amira, responded to this review, 5 May 2008
I am very sorry to hear that this guest was not happy during his stay and can understand completely their frustration at the taxi not having picked them up. This does occur sometimes especially in a country like Morocco where standards are not as high as others. Saying that I think our driver has missed about 5 pickups in the 3 years that we have been running Riad Amira and every time if I am informed I immediately try and make up by apoligising and offering something in return for their wasted time.

I sincerely apologise and should you send me an email to the company address or a private message here I will do this on a more personal level.

In regards to either of us not being there I must assume that we missed each other most days as we are there at least 6 hours a day all week. The rest of the time we are working off site.

Regarding the previous comment I have tried to contact the guest several times as I am still not sure they stayed with us because we do not offer a complementary taxi service and also I answer my emails fastidiously throughout the day and something as important as this would have been first on my list.

Once again I would like to apologise for the transport not being there but it is obviously not a common thing if not this site would be littered with comments of people not picked up at the airport.

Kind regards

Tim

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
north east
Reviewed 28 February 2008

The promised complimentary taxi did not arrive to pick us up from the airport and this meant our stay began with a very fraught 90minutes as we waited anxiously. We eventually sought help to pinpoint the location of the riad and organised our own transport.
The owners were away so we did not complain to the charming ladies who were looking after the riad in their absence and we settled in to the pleasant surroundings for our three night stay.
Upon our return home I e-mailed the owner regarding the taxi but have yet to receive a reply let alone an apology

• Liked — decor
  • Disliked — dark room
UK
Reviewed 22 February 2008

We stayed in Amira for only one night at the end of our stay in Morocco (in transit to the airport). I would love to have stayed longer. Though we were only overnight guests, we received absolutely marvelous service - a simple meal at virtually no notice - a good breakfast before our early start and a reliable taxi provided bang on time. This is a very relaxed but very professionally run Riad, which I recommend. One point of reassurance - you might be a little put off by the main entrance door - which is on a slightly unpreposessing back street off the Kasbah. But don't worry - inside is a charming, relaxing Riad with excellent service.

• Liked — Beautiful courtyard and excellent service
  • Disliked — Front entrance a little off-putting.
1 Thank Arjar
London
Reviewed 21 February 2008

I took my sister to stay here for 4 days as a leaving present before she returned to Australia, after living with me for a couple of years in London.
Found Riad Amira on Ebookers & we both loved the place.
The staff were great,breakfast a delight,our room was absolutely gorgeous.The whole riad is beautiful.
Met Tim & Alix the last night we were there as they were in the process of moving.Have to say you couldn't hope for better hosts.
If your looking for somewhere small,boutique & just great value-Riad Amira is THE place to go.

• Liked — beautifully decorated & comfortable
  • Stayed January 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank Becko1
West Sussex
Reviewed 21 February 2008

Stayed at Riad Amira for three nights in the Aladin room. It was clean, comfortable and it was lovely to step straight outside into the beautiful courtyard where we we served a varied and tasty breakfast. The ladies who work at the riad were very helpful and did a brilliant job when Tim was not around. (Alix was on holiday). Next door to the riad is currently being redeveloped but this had no imapct on us whatsoever - there were no machines on site and all work was being done with spades and wheelbarrows!
Booked the stay through Hipmarrakech - no problems whatsoever , they sent the booking through to Tim and request for taxi from airport which was there when we arrived - it was nice to know the taxi driver knew where to take us as the riad would not have been easy to find for the first time, especially in the dark.
We felt safe walking around the streets but its best to be prepared for the many many local men who try to show you the way...

• Stayed February 2008
1 Thank trpadv-member
Weston-super-Mare
Reviewed 11 February 2008

My wife and I stayed here for our 7th Wedding Anniversary.

We absolutely loved it. The building and the rooms were very well set out and tastefully decorated. Breakfast in the courtyard was a lovely way to start the day ready to explore Marrakech.

All the staff were friendly and always on the look out to assist in anyway they could.

We loved Riad Amira and loved our time in Morrocco.

I have no hesitation in recommended Riad Amira - good quality and a good price.

• Liked — Service and the rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dean_alice
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 21 January 2008

We spent two nights at the Riad Amira. It's a charming, peaceful little escape from the hectic Marakesh life. Tim and Alix were so very helpful. It seemed as they were old friends right away. I only wish we could have met them immediately. The room was great and the food was wonderful.

• Liked — The helpful owners Tim and Alix
  • Disliked — No elect outlets in the bathroom
  • Stayed September 2007