“A Marrakech Oasis -- Charming, Relaxing and Fabulous Service”
Review of Dar Silsila

Dar Silsila
Ranked #288 of 502 Hotels in Marrakech
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Dar Silsila is a lovely hotel with a staff always ready to serve and guide you. Our vacation could not have been better. The highlight of our busy days in Morocco was returning home to Dar Silsila. Do not miss this experience!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janisrose4
There are newer reviews for Dar Silsila

Reviewed 25 October 2009

Very nice! The owner upgraded our room to the terras suite; a very nice gesture! Mohammed is a Major Domus pur sang and the staff is very kind! You should make a taxi reservation from the airport because you can't find it yourself. It's quiet and close to the square. Without any doubt one of the best guesthouses we've visited!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RandomJohnny
Reviewed 18 October 2009

What more can I add to previous reviews of this classy riad. We too had a very pleasant stay at Dar Silsila. I had emailed ahead and asked Jean Patrick if we could have dinner at the riad on our first night. Well, what a memorable meal. A table set just for us by the fountain in the courtyard. Roses floating in the fountain. Subtle background music. Lovely food. And exceptional service from Efouad especially on the morning of our departure when he got up at 5 a.m. to get us away to the airport for an early morning flight.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlrrks
Reviewed 16 October 2009

Our trip to Marrakech, Morocco was Great especially our stay at Dar Silsila. Clean, Comfortable and very welcoming! Cant wait to return! Highly recommended! Mohamed was very helpful and nice. The staff very kind

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank FreeSpiritTraveling
Reviewed 16 October 2009

I booked a room in Dar Silsila for 3 nights based largely on TripAdvisor reviews and I was glad I did so. I loved living in the older mansion in a room that had a lot of architectural details and local decor, but had all the modern amenities. The staff is incredible - thank you Mohammad, Fouad, and various folks at the riad who were so attentive and friendly.Jean Patrick was there with good advice whenever I needed it. I liked the fact that no one was intrusive, although always attentive. I agree with other guests that Dar SIlsila is difficult to find and that the 15 euros charged for an airport pickup is well worth it. I met a lot of lovely people at breakfast on the roof, terrace so didn't feel lonely or cut off even though I was traveling alone on work.The breakfast varied in the breads offering each day, but the homemade yogurt, orange juice, honey, jams, tea/coffee were daily standards - it was all delicious. You can't beat the location ( despite the narrow alley and tunnel you have to naviage to get to the riad). It is so close to the Dejaa el Fna square, the koutoubia, the souks etc. I was really glad I chose Dar Silsila - thanks Trip Advisor reviewers!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Roshnibegum
Reviewed 8 October 2009

I had a wonderful stay at Dar Silsila. The staff were so helpful, friendly and courteous. They did everything they could to make my stay a pleasant one - right from young Yasin who picked me up from the airport after a flight that was delayed by 4 hours, to Mohammed who welcomed me with mint tea and cookies, to Fouad, who was willing to wake me up at 6:00 a.m. for my early departure to the lovely ladies who cooked and cleaned and of course, Jean-Patrick. I also met very interesting fellow guests who I chatted with over breakfast on the roof terrace and who shared hints with me on what to do in Marrakech and other places in Morocco.

Although I was a little disconcerted when I was led through alleys and tunnels, arriving at Dar Silsila was like stepping through a portal into a cool, calm oasis; one that was furnished beautifully and had kept all the original charm of a riad. I loved the fact that the building was an original. I could not recommend Dar Silsila more highly.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank WashingtonSafar
Reviewed 22 August 2009

One of the best stays I've had ever. Marrakech is wonderful and this was such a good place to explore from. No pool, if that's what you're looking for, but I wasn't interested in that. It was my daughter's 17th birthday while we were there and the proprietor even gave her a present - in how many hotels would that happen?

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family