1. Location is very close to the city centre (approx 5 mins walk from Al-Fana square) and easy to find
2. The moroccan staff especially ILham is exceptionally helpful and polite and makes fabulous Tajine and Coscus (15 euro per meal but a lot nicer than restaurant's food- definately worth tying at least once!)
1. I had to pay full amount in cash on my arrival and I wasn't allowed to see my room before a full payment is made.
2.The french lady who manages the Riad has a very bad temper both with the staff and customers. One day I was surprised when she told me to go to my room only because I spoke to Elham briefly regarding a meal. She thought I was distracting the staff. Even if this was the case she could have said it in a nicer way.However her husband Stephen was very polite and helpful but she seems to be the one in charge of everything.
3.Whenever I wanted to eat in the Riad, The french lady had to decide on the day and time when I should eat beacause she thought that the staff was busy with other things of higher priorities which clearly wasn't the case.
4. The rooms were very small, the blankets weren't clean and there was a smell of dampness in my room (the superior room-Btisam). The rooms are quite different from the photos.
5. Most of the room services mentioned in a long list simply do not exist, e.g. No coffee or tea in the room, not even a kettle, the safe wasn't working,and one day a female guess was looking for a hairdryer but there wasn't one! no Wi-Fi, No Hammam, No massage..etc.
6. In one occasion I invited a female friend for dinner in the Riad. We sat in the lounge for 30 minutes only and we left the place as soon as we finished having our dinner. The french lady kicked up fuss because she thought the girl might come with me to my room!
Will I go back to this Riad? Definately NOT.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the charm of Marrakech in an authentic riad. Among the first riads / guest house in Marrakech, the Dar Naima has preserved the soul of this ancient dwelling house. Ideally located next door to the souks and 3 minutes walk from the famous Jamaa El Fna square, its two patios offer space in a trees and plants ambiance, its large terrace shows a breathtaking view on the Atlas mountains, the Koutoubia and the rooftops of Marrakech. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HostelWorld, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Dar Naima reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dar Naima Marrakech
- Dar Naima Hotel Marrakech