“A haven of peace, beauty and elegance”
Review of Riad Monika

and 1 more site!
Riad Monika
Ranked #217 of 500 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“A haven of peace, beauty and elegance”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

My boyfriend and I spent 2 weeks in Morocco, and decided to splash out on the last night by staying in a luxury riad, and I must say this was really the perfect place to be. The riad is gigantic yet has a very peaceful, elegant and intimate feel. It is full of detail, warm colours and the ever so beautiful tadelakt I fell in love with in Marrakech. There are so many place to sit in and enjoy, to start with I felt somewhat overwhelmed, having so much to enjoy in so little time! We were offered a welcome tea and biscuits by our hosts in their beautiful cosy lounge upon our arrival, played chess sprawled out on white canopies on a balcony ornamented with white curtains (out of a movie), enjoyed mint tea and sweet treats tucked away in the back court by the little pond with roses floating on the surface, cooled down in the huge pool, and ate breakfast the next morning on the sprawling terrace full of plants, trees, flowers and birds – the breakfast, by the way, was so plentiful I could have spent all morning sat up there. We were even offered unusual homemade jams, which tasted absolutely delicious!
Our bedroom was the size of our living room back in London (fairly big by London standards), and even included a fireplace! (Which we however didn’t use as this was in July) very elegantly decorated with embroidered bed linen, and beautiful red walls ornamented with book cases. When we arrived fresh bottled water and fruit were waiting for us, and in the bathroom pure ghassoul and black soap which we enjoyed the next morning. The bathroom and the bath were absolutely huge, all made of marble, including pillars supporting a traditional hammam dome with tinted glass.
Our hosts looked after us with the greatest care, attentive to our every need, and made us feel right at home. I could not have asked for a more perfect last night in Morocco, and were we not travelling on the cheap, I would have loved to spend more time there. I can only recommend this riad, I cannot imagine how one could not enjoy every minute there.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NontaLC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Athens
Reviewed 2 August 2012

In general we left with a very good taste. The rooms are nice but not like what it shows in the web site. The general use areas are pretty dirty, but how couldn't be in a city some kilometers from Sahara. All the people in the Riad were extremely helpful and always there to answer our questions. Nice breakfast, missing cheese & ham. If you want to feel the atmosphere of Medina then Riad Monika is a nice place to stay. Keep in mind that you will definitely loose your way from the Riad to and back Jeema El Fna Square.
The swimming pool is a small 6m swimming pool that will cool you down when you feel hot due to the high temperatures. Not a place to relax and spend your time as it is in the middle of the building surrounded by walls.
You can choose to stay there for 1-2 days and then move outside Medina (Old Town) to a bigger complex in Giliz (New Town) with bigger swimming pools and more relaxed atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I just returned from a week in Morroco and spent my last two days in Riad Monika. It's a truly lovely place. Gorgeous room. Lovely roof terrace and beautiful pool. The breakfasts which they serve on the roof terrace are the best I have had in Morroco. I was actually feeling unwell from dehydration for most of my stay and the manager Zouhair was incredibly kind. He kept checking on me as if I was an old friend. It is a little bit of a way out from the main square but worth the extra few minutes walk. The well know restaurant Fonduk is only a few minutes walk. Jason Fox

Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This was our first trip to Morroco and our stay at this Riad made our experience first rate. From the extremely helpful, friendly, and accomodating staff to the lovely accomodations and superb food and presentation....all contributed positively to an interesting and unique travel experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bkktk
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was our first time to Morocco, the whole trip was a birthday present for me. The Riad was breathtakingly beautiful, our room was romantic, the staff were incredibly accomadating (we had lots of questions!) and the food was superb. I was spoilt from the minute I got out of the taxi until I left the Riad several days later. I can honestly say that even though the city is magnificent,exciting, bedazzling and a feast for the senses, it was the warmth and generosity of the staff that made our trip one of the most magical we have ever taken.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Our second of two riads in Marrakech, this was our favourite. The riad was stunning, the room very comfortable and the terrace was a wonderful escape. The staff should be commended, service was excellent - this included being met when our taxi dropped us nearby to show us the way, to the service during breakfast and dinner and being walked to the main square the first time we made the journey to ensure we understood the route. We felt more comfortable coming to and from this riad as compared to our other location, and as it is close to the Museum and koranic school it was easy to ask for directions. Breakfast was enormous and good qualify, enough to keep you going all day. Our dinner was one of the best in our two weeks in Morocco, a little more expensive than other riads but the quality was wonderful. For a more luxurious stay this riad it worth paying a little more for.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GBstravels
Reviewed 30 December 2011

Wonderful service and very helpful and nice staff. Beautiful riad and good location.

• Stayed November 2011